The Adventures of Fonzico and Hyzer

Fonzico

Fonzico woke up to a surprisingly balmy October day. She stretched up, rising on her tippie toes to greet the sun - "where have you been, my friend?" 

Turning to Hyzer with a sly grin, "what do you say, boy? Time for an adventure?"

I fully admit, I've been taking advantage of my hubby and letting him do the lions share of the dog walking lately. Which is insane, as one of the reasons I wanted a dog was to have a walking companion, since hubs doesn't really like to walk unless it's to get somewhere. Especially since the days are now getting shortly (quickly!) I'm really going to need to fight the laziness. So, the adventures of me and the puppers is going to be my theme this time around. 

Target One Acquired:

Complete the Whole 30! I started on October 10th, and will finish on Nov 8th. I have a bridal shower/bachelorette party on the 11th, so that weekend I will not be worrying about food choices, but my plan is to get back into it the following Monday. Maybe not for an official 30 days again, but really try to keep this as my way of eating - I've slipped back into old habits much too quickly after previous ones. I don't want to think of it as being "done" anything. 

1 pt for each Whole 30 day. Week Zero counts.

3 pts for November 13th being Whole 30.

5 points for weekly meal prep

A=55 pts  B=45pts  C=35pts  D=23pts    <23pts=I did not finish the Whole 30 so super fail.

Target Two Acquired:

Workout! I have started going to kettlebells again, because my favourite instructor started teaching again, and also it's at a time I can actually make it to. It's awesome... but it's only once a week. And I've been super lazy lately about supplementing it. One point per workout... again, we're counting week zero.

A+=12 A=10 pts  B=8 pts  C=6 pts  D=4pts 

(A+ means I get a prize... TBD.)

Target Three Acquired:

Walk the puppers. Every. Day. He needs two walks a day, so if I'm walking him once, that means it's a fair split. Also it's good for me. I'm going to try to get some pre-work walks in - part of why I've been able to slack on this is that hubby has been working from home, but that will be coming to a pause soon, so that means pre-work walks will soon become a necessity. Also, I can totally bank walks on this one (IE 2 walks a day = I can take a day off)

A+=45pts  A=35 pts  B=30pts  C=25pts  D=20pts 

Target Four Acquired:

Get the house in shape. I've been trying to "purge" this beast for forever... with minimal headway. Also, I am hosting the aforementioned bridal shower, and I want my place to look like a damn show home (okay, that's not actually possible, with the whole shabby boho design philosophy I've got going on here, but you know what I mean...). Priority will be the public spaces, but bonus points for getting to other rooms. 

1. Organize and cleaning dining room. 3 pts

2. Clean deck/balcony area. 3 pts

3. Declutter mantle area. 1 pt

4. Organize side table drawers, and clear all surfaces in living room. 4 pts

5. Do something about the lizard stand. 1 pt

6. Clean ceiling fan. 1 pt

------ That's what needs to happen before the party, for sure. Obviously baseline cleaning as well, but the above stuff should only need doing once. 

7. Tidy coat closet 3 pts

8. Tidy linen closet. 2 pts

9. Clean/tidy/purge craft room (ughhhh it's so bad...) 7 pts

10. Purge/tidy kitchen cabinets. 5 pts

A+=30pts  A=23pts  B=18pts  C=13pts  Really, less than a C is a fail here..

So, I've been really trying to contemplate my big "why" lately, and I think it really comes down to wanting to feel pride about myself. I mean, I AM proud of a lot of things - I'm proud of the work I do, I'm proud of my art, I'm proud of the kind of wife I am... but I'm not proud of my body, of some of things it can't do, and of how it looks. I know that a lot of this is vain, but if I'm being really honest, it's true. Especially right now, as I am a bridesmaid in two weddings next year, for which we are going dress shopping next month, and one of which is in Mexico=swimwear. I just want to feel good about myself, and also with how I look in the photos! So anyways, vain as it is, that is my motivation right now. And dammit, I'm going to do this! ("This" meaning feeling good in a bikini.).

• Like 6

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Nice goals. I don';t think it is vain to want to look good. I mean if you stop and stare at yourself at every mirror you pass by, that's annoying;), but the general I just like the way I look is a good feeling. I like knowing I look good in a tank top and shorts, and not feeling like a fluffy middle aged woman.

• Like 2

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Nice goals. I don';t think it is vain to want to look good. I mean if you stop and stare at yourself at every mirror you pass by, that's annoying[emoji6], but the general I just like the way I look is a good feeling. I like knowing I look good in a tank top and shorts, and not feeling like a fluffy middle aged woman.

Thank you for the reassurance - I feel like I ought to have a more noble motivation sometimes...

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

3 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

Thank you for the reassurance - I feel like I ought to have a more noble motivation sometimes...

Wanting to feel pride in yourself isn't not-noble. Actually it ought to be one of the main priorities for everyone :)

When I needed to walk our dog more I started taking a picture of her everyday to send to my SO, it was motivating. 

(also, hi! longtime no see. awesome you're still lifting kettlebells!)

• Like 3

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Meal planning and grocery shopping for the week has been completed! Although there were a few items I couldn't get. There was no pork side available, and the only compliant sausage I could find was super expensive for a tiny amount, so I just bought ground pork instead.

Monday:
Pork/apple/cranberry stuffed acorn squash

Tuesday:
Slow cooker pork with cherry BBQ sauce
Roasted broccoli

Wednesday:
Ranch chicken Spaghetti squash casserole

Thursday:
"Ramen" - chicken/pork broth with veggies and braised pork side

Friday: slow cooker Stroganoff, mashed cauliflower

Saturday: ?? Leftovers, probably. Fish if there's not enough.

I almost got up early enough for pupper walks, but not quite. We'll go after work.

I either need to do some yoga tonight, or at least get started on one of the house tasks. Let's go!

• Like 2

Level 20

Wanting to feel pride in yourself isn't not-noble. Actually it ought to be one of the main priorities for everyone [emoji4]
When I needed to walk our dog more I started taking a picture of her everyday to send to my SO, it was motivating. 

(also, hi! longtime no see. awesome you're still lifting kettlebells!)
KB Girl! I've missed you! How are you? And your little one!? You were still pregnant last time we talked!
I love the pic idea - absolutely stealing.

Are you doing a challenge?

Level 20

7 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

KB Girl! I've missed you! How are you? And your little one!? You were still pregnant last time we talked!
I love the pic idea - absolutely stealing.

Are you doing a challenge?

We're good! :) 11 months old today. 

Yea I'm getting back into it, lifting kettlebells too! it's in my signature. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fonzico said:

So, the adventures of me and the puppers is going to be my theme this time around.

Awesome! Photos of puppers for us animal lovers?

but I'm not proud of my body, of some of things it can't do, and of how it looks.

Nope, sounds about normal to me, the fact that you want to improve how you look for yourself. I agree with what @Elastigirl and @KB Girl said.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Whomever planted that whole “it’s vain to want to look good and that’s bad” thing in our collective consciousness can go suck it.

Why shouldn’t we want to feel like we look good?

Asshats.

Also: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM #jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

1 hour ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Awesome! Photos of puppers for us animal lovers?

Nope, sounds about normal to me, the fact that you want to improve how you look for yourself. I agree with what @Elastigirl and @KB Girl said.

1 hour ago, darkfoxx said:

Whomever planted that whole “it’s vain to want to look good and that’s bad” thing in our collective consciousness can go suck it.

Why shouldn’t we want to feel like we look good?

Asshats.

Also: YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM #jealous

Okay, thank you... you guys are succeeding at making me feel a lot better about myself. 

Today is starting out well - I woke up early-ish, and even better, hubs got up shortly after I did! Usually he's up just before I leave, so I barely see him in the mornings. It was excellent to cuddle with him and Hyzer before work. 

I'm in my academic advising role this morning (sneaking in updates between students!), which I am enjoying. I should hopefully be getting a job offer today for the mat leave position. 

Whole30 Day Six!

Breakfast was leftover fish cakes with fried eggs.

Lunch will be leftover chicken thighs, veggies and an apple. 

No tiger blood yet, but at least I haven't been suffering from the negative side effects of diet change!

• Like 3

Level 20

Oh you have a beautiful smile and the look of adoration in Puppers' eyes!
He's like "but mooom, the park is RIGHT behind us!"
At one point he even tried to "shake a paw" because he didn't know what I wanted from him! Too cute. I love this guy!
  • Haha 1

Level 20

Week Zero Day One:

Whole 30:
+1pt - the stuffed acorn squash turned out great! Hubs was a big fan too.

+5 points for meal planning and grocery shopping (although technically that was Sunday)

Workout: Nothing

Pup walks:
+1pt Went after dinner. Hubby was pleasantly surprised that I offered, and did the dishes in exchange! Good deal.

Purge:
No points, but I did TECHNICALLY get started on the dining room. Although they say tasks you have started are more compelling to finish, so hopefully that works. It's actually not really that bad, just some like "junk drawer" type stuff that I'm not sure what to do with. I'm so bad at this game...

• Like 1

Level 20

That sunset photo is gorgeous!

19 hours ago, Fonzico said:

He's like "but mooom, the park is RIGHT behind us!"
At one point he even tried to "shake a paw" because he didn't know what I wanted from him! Too cute. I love this guy!

Aw <3 my dog does that too, when she's "what do you want" she'll go in this little frenzy of trying everything :)

• Like 2

following :)

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Week Zero Day Two:

Whole 30: 1pt - the slow cooker pork turned out so good!

Workout: 1 pt - yeah, I did a thing! I did NF Yoga Water B (and oof, it has been far too long since I've done yoga, my body was angry about it) and a quick kettlebell session (swings, rows, pushups, presses)

Pup walks: 2pts! Morning and evening. There was a crazy wind storm blowing last night, so it was a very quick walk, but still counts.

Purge: 1 pt - I really just wanted to check something off the list, so I did what I thought was the easiest: cleaning the ceiling fan. It was a big pain in the butt though. But I got it done.

Awesome day! Earned points in all categories.

• Like 6

Level 20