Mike Wazowski: PT, Cutting, and German

Mike Wazowski

we totally took a wedding dance crash course. It was awesome. I'd do it again... when can you be in NY...?

On 10/18/2017 at 3:46 PM, MikeWazowski said:

and potentially make it into a second career

This is truly dope dude! I support this 100%, Mike! Maybe it'll inspire me to finally open my indoor parkour gym. I know there's a lot of work that goes into it but I think you got the right stuff, sir. 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

15 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

True. I'll likely end up having a slow building repertoire of what to do with couples depending on what their first song is and it'll be a pretty short list of moves that look halfway decent on newbies and are easy to learn. Probably should make the first few couples' price lower since I'm literally going to be making it up as I go along.

I'm in the very earliestest stages of starting my training business, but I'm totally on board with this - the first few classes I teach will def be getting a "guinea pig" discount! 

giphy.gif

I wish I lived closer to you, I've dragged the hubs to a dance class exactly ONCE in 18 years and he hated it, but with a good quality teacher I might have a shot. All that's available in my boondocks is whatever the community college has this term. Frequently Carolina Shag or a swing variant, rarely ballroom, hardly ever an experienced instructor. Born-to-dance Gemma is sad. :( 

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

13 hours ago, RedStone said:

we totally took a wedding dance crash course. It was awesome. I'd do it again... when can you be in NY...?

Haha I'm usually in NY at least once a year! I'll let you know next time I'm there earlier than when I'm getting on the plane to leave :lol: 

12 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

This is truly dope dude! I support this 100%, Mike! Maybe it'll inspire me to finally open my indoor parkour gym. I know there's a lot of work that goes into it but I think you got the right stuff, sir. 

Wolf

Thanks man! There are some weeks where I say "F*** ya, let's do this!" and some where all I want to do after my day job is crawl into bed. But teaching my kiddos is possibly my favorite part of the day M-W (maybe second to gym time).

4 hours ago, Gemma said:

I'm in the very earliestest stages of starting my training business, but I'm totally on board with this - the first few classes I teach will def be getting a "guinea pig" discount! 

giphy.gif

Perfect, I'm not the only one who needs some guinea pigs!

4 hours ago, Gemma said:

I wish I lived closer to you, I've dragged the hubs to a dance class exactly ONCE in 18 years and he hated it, but with a good quality teacher I might have a shot. All that's available in my boondocks is whatever the community college has this term. Frequently Carolina Shag or a swing variant, rarely ballroom, hardly ever an experienced instructor. Born-to-dance Gemma is sad. :( 

Haha you're too kind! For all you know my only special skill as a dance teacher is saying "buttocks" in a funny voice (to avoid feeling like a perv when talking to early teenage and pre-teen girls about using the muscles all the way down their legs). But yes, despite liking the idea of life in a smaller metro area, I'm pretty limited to giant ones to maintain access to good dancing on the regular.

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

Yesterday was good on goals, with the notable exception of calories where I went way over due to National Dessert Day celebrations at work. Whoops! Gonna do some push-ups as punishment today.

This morning's lifting was solid-ish, didn't get as high on front squat reps as I would like but still 135 x 8 x 3 (3 sets of 8). And hit 210 on DL for 12, which is just 5 pounds shy of my old PR for 12 reps (I've definitely been slower on getting back DL strength after the wrist injury). Still tinkering with my lifting set up for assistance work, I'm not in love with the length of time my lower body stuff is taking. Total volume for the week was somewhere in the ballpark of 90,000 pounds, a little higher than last week. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

This should go on your business cards/website

Second the motion!

• Like 1

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

Second day in a row of checking off all the goals but the calories - whoops! But I wrote out my planned meals for next week and they involve many more high volume options which should help me feel sated despite lower calories. Also going to experiment a bit with pre- and post-workout nutrition: breakfast was taking a bit too long to eat so I'm trying just a fruit, orange juice, and flaxseed smoothie along with my coffee before workout, then a protein shake post-workout (with creatine added in, assuming it arrives this week). Will be posting how it goes!

And because I like changing lots of things at once, I'll also be switching up workouts this coming week - fewer accessories but more sets of most with the hope of wrapping up the lifting quicker so I can get some cardio in every day.

But first...today and tomorrow are refeed days! I haven't a clue how I'm going to cram down 3,541 calories both days, we'll see how this goes!

On 10/20/2017 at 11:45 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

This should go on your business cards/website

18 hours ago, Gemma said:

Second the motion!

Hahaha we'll see how I can spin it. "Knowledgeable ballroom dance instruction delivered with a delightfully quirky sense of humor" seems like a good start.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

(with creatine added in, assuming it arrives this week). Will be posting how it goes!

And because I like changing lots of things at once, I'll also be switching up workouts this coming week - fewer accessories but more sets of most with the hope of wrapping up the lifting quicker so I can get some cardio in every day.

But first...today and tomorrow are refeed days! I haven't a clue how I'm going to cram down 3,541 calories both days, we'll see how this goes!

Curious how your post-creatine results shake out. I respect your empirical observations a hella lot more than mine. 

I like this plan. What’s your chosen form of cardio lately?

Nut butter mebe??

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Laghail said:

Curious how your post-creatine results shake out. I respect your empirical observations a hella lot more than mine.

Haha we shall see! I’ll probably have to deal with the same water weight gain mindscrew, and hopefully it won’t lead to a computer program making me go suuuper low on macros for a week. But worse comes to worst, it’s a miserable week or two of adjustment.

I like this plan. What’s your chosen form of cardio lately?

Arc trainer (apparently not the same as an elliptical but pretty much an elliptical). I’m not a treadmill fan and haven’t branched out to using the rowing machines or exercise bikes for my cardio, yet. More time gives me more chances to experiment, though!

Nut butter mebe??

Brilliant! Didn’t get a chance to apply this wisdom yesterday, but will definitely look to it when I get home from Houston tonight (if needed).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

that and avocado. plus avocados are fiber bae. 

Idk, for some reason I never buy avocados (despite loving them in most restaurant dishes).

All good on goals over the weekend - already noticing additional flexibility from stretching daily in dancing over the weekend - leg got noticeably higher on a fan kick I have in my cha cha.

This morning's lifting:

OHP

45 x 5 x 2

55 x 5

65 x 5

75 x 5

85 x 14

Chin-ups: 8, 8, 7, 5, 5

Dips: 6 x 5

DB Bent-over Row: 25 x 12 x 5

DB Lat Raises: 10 x 20, 15, 8

DB Curls: 10 x 20 x 3

Rope Pushdowns: 40 x 20 x 3

Total was just north of 20,000 pounds. So much for decreasing volume! :lol: 

Creatine is still at the post office, should be arriving for me to start taking tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Idk, for some reason I never buy avocados (despite loving them in most restaurant dishes).

Probably because buying them always goes like this:

avocados.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

2 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Idk, for some reason I never buy avocados

1)..your avi is basically an avocado with limbs

2) guac is delicious and easy to make

I think there was a third point, but at the moment I am just trying to remember if I have enough avocados in the fridge to make some nomnom guac when I get home from work..

• Like 2

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

24 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

1)..your avi is basically an avocado with limbs

Doesn't that make eating avocado cannabalism?

24 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

2) guac is delicious and easy to make

I think there was a third point, but at the moment I am just trying to remember if I have enough avocados in the fridge to make some nomnom guac when I get home from work..

Truth, though I have a habit of only making stuff I can bulk prep in advance - and next day guac just isn’t as good.

...but I really should millennial up and make some avocado toast!

40 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Doesn't that make eating avocado cannabalism?

Fair point

44 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

next day guac just isn’t as good

All the more reason to make for refeeds. Eat it all at once. :P

Honestly though, the trick to keeping guac for longer than a couple of hours is to put it in a container that's taller than it is wide, mush it down in to push excess air out, cover the top with a layer of water .25" - .5" (yes, it sounds weird, but hear me out), seal with tight fitting lid and into the fridge it goes. Next day, carefully dump the excess water and stir it up. No brown guac. 

• Like 5

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

3 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Honestly though, the trick to keeping guac for longer than a couple of hours is to put it in a container that's taller than it is wide, mush it down in to push excess air out, cover the top with a layer of water .25" - .5" (yes, it sounds weird, but hear me out), seal with tight fitting lid and into the fridge it goes. Next day, carefully dump the excess water and stir it up. No brown guac. 

That makes a lot of sense...

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Fair point

All the more reason to make for refeeds. Eat it all at once. :P

17 hours ago, Blocky said:

That makes a lot of sense...

Hmm...I've heard similar with lime juice - makes sense either way, just gotta create an oxidation barrier.

Yesterday was solid on the goals, although fitting in language practice, PT, and folding laundry after a date (which was EXCELLENT :D ) led to me feeling super tired today due to shortened sleep.

Still fit in a leg day though:

Squats:

45 x 5 x 2

95 x 5

135 x 5

155 x 5

185 x 3

215 x 2

235 x 1

250 x 1

265 x 8 (REP PR!!!!)

Sumo Deadlift:

135 x 5 x 2

165 x 5

185 x 5 

195 x 5

195 x 8

195 x 8 (trying not to do my sumo sets mixed grip for now to strengthen my grip - this last one was brutal on the grip strength)

DB BSS: 25 x 6 x 5

Abs:

Cable crunch 140 x 12 x 3

Transverse toe touch 12 x 3

Back Extensions 10 x 12 x 3

• Like 3

OH HIII!! sorry i'm late... congrats on the squat PR!!

EXCITED-GERMAN.gif?resize=640,360

On 10/23/2017 at 11:45 AM, MikeWazowski said:

All good on goals over the weekend - already noticing additional flexibility from stretching daily in dancing over the weekend - leg got noticeably higher on a fan kick I have in my cha cha.

does no one else want pics of his fan kick?? ...just me?

cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

source.gif

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

OH HIII!! sorry i'm late... congrats on the squat PR!!

EXCITED-GERMAN.gif?resize=640,360

giphy.gif

Thanks both!! I fell short of my (admittedly crazy) goal of doing that weight for 15 reps - really for the best given that it would've shot my working max through the freaking roof.

20 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

does no one else want pics of his fan kick?? ...just me?

cool.

15 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nope not just you! :D 

:D I'll see if I can dig up a video where it shows up - it's actually a cool bit of choreo where I check in front of and to my partner's left (both facing the same way) then replace my back foot into a fan kick where I kick her bum to put her back into motion. We judge my precision and accuracy on repeated reps in practice by the dust spots on her cheeks  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

So you're double overhanding these sumo reps? Well done Wazowski, and congrats on the squat PR.

Thank you! Yep, double overhanding for now - it’s tempting AF to mixed grip and put up heavier numbers, but I know my grip strength will benefit in the long term from more double overhand.

• Like 2