Korranation's Back Onboard

Korranation

Korranation's back onboard 

Sheldon-Cooper-Train.gif

I had to take a break from the challenges for a bit. 

Here's a little backstory to it

Spoiler

`**spoiler**

those on tapatalk that see this anyways sorry in advance. 

Towards the end of my last challenge, my family was going to take a week family cruise without me. But Hurricane Harvey happened. and my dad had to stay behind to help. Everything was already paid for so I went instead.  We were originally going to go east of the Bahamas. But then Hurricane Maria Irma happened. And we went west towards Mexico instead. On our way back to port our boat tried pulling double speed going 50 knots to try and outrun a hurricane and drop off everyone in Florida while the state was in the middle of a mandatory evacuation. They realized that was silly so we went to New Orleans.

Once we hit land my body reminded me I'm allergic to all things air land related and some sort of mutated cedar fever kicked in. I was stuck sick for the next two and a half weeks.

Then I caught a 24-hour stomach bug. And spent the rest of that week recouping. 

**end spoiler**

TLDR; I was on a cruise and then I was sick for a few weeks

So here's the goals/objectives part. 

Part One - Food

1. Pictures - take pictures of all food (excluding repeating meal prepped items). Totally stealing this from Deffy 
  2. Tracking - Put all items in MFP the night before
  3. Snacking - all processed food snacking is banned. I found snacking on baby carrots gets me through the workday and working on a pomegranate gets me through the evening.

Part 2  - Health

1. Workout - I'll either do +30 min on the rowing machine or the modified NFA workout

1. Sleep - Go to bed minus looking at the phone before 10:30
  2. Water - drink +8 cups of water. Or drink 2 cups of water 30 minutes before every meal. 

Part 3 - leveling up  

1. Language - practice Spanish on duolingo every day. Gotta keep that streak bonus going. 
  2. Learning - spend +30min every day prepping to apply for grad school. That means either writing a personal letter, reaching out to old professors for letters of recommendation, and studying for the GRE... or doing classes at khan academy or reading peer-reviewed papers. 
  3. Loving - Do some self-care every day/evening. (e.g. some work de-stressors, other non-work ideas, avoiding the non-profit compassion fatigue pitfall,  yoga...

LET DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Weekly 0 lunch meal prep update

For this weeks menu
• 8oz of chicken with uncle Chris steak seasoning prepared in a pressure cooker for 25 minutes
• 4oz of red, orange, and yellow bell peppers
• 4oz of extra fine green beans
• 6 oz of sweet potatoes with Cajun seasoning
7cf7d361c040a9800d96c99492dbd32e.jpg
d32f37654d3ca4a6964faab38eacca7a.jpg
98e7f82761fba7b27fe46aa2ffdc764d.jpg
I saved the chicken broth to go with some white rice for a dinner with week.

• Like 8

Looks good!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Following :D That food prep looks good!

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

Welcome back.  Following.

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Stalking! 

Hunt-old-pictures.gif

22 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Looks good!

17 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

Following :D That food prep looks good!

14 hours ago, Terah said:

welcome-back.jpg

12 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Welcome back.  Following.

8 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Ooooh food pictures!, yay! 

Glad you are feeling better! You are ready to take over the world!, muwahahahaha!,,

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

Food prep pictures? I'm in!

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Korra's back! 

tumblr_ntjmpxTsXH1tfxma3o1_500.gif

Glad you are feeling better! So excited to see how wonderfully this challenge goes for you!

GCzZQfd.gif

thanks everyone!

its taken a lot of R&R and enough meds  to sedate an elephant to get me better.

Glad to be bad and super stoked for this challenge!

• Like 5

Food for the day
6425b29574a5d0d170e71e19c0232008.jpg
80a57962438758863a3cc183f5b1c79a.jpg
5071feb19af880ec279e725562257a7f.jpg
Plain Greek yogurt with honey and black coffee, fruit, baby carrots and a tiny jello parfait.

Pictures I didn't take:
two strawberry pop tarts
A small bag of chocolate chip cookies
Sweet spicy chili Doritos
A cupcake
Two slices to thin crust pizza
Pizza Hut brownies

So I maaaay have gone overboard with the snacking processed food. And it didn't help that the fam wanted pizza for Monday sports night.

My morning was starting off good, but after dinner I was left with an empty feeling an hour later. Like your body feels hollow, but your stomach is trying to eat itself. And it didn't help that the chicken was a little dry, the sweet potatoes a little under cooked and crunchy, and the green beans waxy and flavorless. I only felt full after I finished a bag of chips. It was like my body saying "girl, you need some spice in yo life and some carbs couldn't hurt either."

I'll try some deli meat with the carrots tomorrow or sneak a can on Vienna sausage (I know it's got a lot of preservatives, but they're so tiny and cute and tasty) or I'll cook some white rice and have the homemade chicken broth with it. If my body is going to be craving carbs at least I can provide something less unhealthy than packaged snacks.

As for workout, I did 15 minutes on the rowing machine the night before. My calves had a constant fatigue to them. Like the one you get from speed walking for too long. I'll count today as my rest day and go at the rowing machine tomorrow.

I didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed before 10:30 and tried using some guided mediation audio twice, but I ended up staring at the ceiling for two hours before I realized a needed a stretch so I did some quick yoga before passing out. The five hours of sleep could have been a main cause for the cravings.

I was so busy looking into my masters that I forgot to study Spanish. I found the top online school for the master I want. So I found their website and degree plan with all the courses. And I found an archive of Theo old syllabi. So I went through those and found required textbooks and articles. Now all I have to do is find the electronic versions of the books and some old used copies on amazon and I'll be set. Then I'll have to start looking into the GRE, and reconnect with my old business stats and communication professors, and restudy my stats book just to brush up.

I've got my work cut out for me.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Korranation said:

I've got my work cut out for me.

Ahh, a good challenge then?? You got this! :) 

I must say that all the food pics are dangerous this early in the morning but I like it anyways. Following!!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Sounds like you have a good strategy for when the snack attack hits again.  What is the Masters you are going for?

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Sounds like you have a good strategy for when the snack attack hits again.  What is the Masters you are going for?

Thanks!
I'll let y'all know if this strategy works.
I'm going for a masters of science in project management.
  • Like 6
On 10/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, Korranation said:

LET DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so, so, so glad you're back. Your goals look great. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I am so, so, so glad you're back. Your goals look great. Let me know if there is any way I can help.

If you have any bomb dot com pressure cooker dinner recipes up your sleeves, that would be awesome
05bf72b6b526b0d976aa11912e5608fb.jpg
  • Like 4
3 hours ago, Korranation said:

If you have any bomb dot com pressure cooker dinner recipes up your sleeves, that would be awesome

I don't own a pressure cooker, but I have had a few chicken meals cooked in a pressure cooker (mom had one). This one looks delicious and seems similar to a lime-chicken I've had before: 

https://ourbestbites.com/2016/03/pressure-cooker-chili-lime-chicken/

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

24 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

I don't own a pressure cooker, but I have had a few chicken meals cooked in a pressure cooker (mom had one). This one looks delicious and seems similar to a lime-chicken I've had before: 

https://ourbestbites.com/2016/03/pressure-cooker-chili-lime-chicken/

That recipe cooks the chicken for only six minutes. Well that explains why this weeks lunch is very dry.

18 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Wooooooooo grad school! You got this!, woot woot woot!!

These grad schools won't know what hit them.

• Like 1

More food pics
3072f663375f23e936c575f7a0aab4d9.jpg
811ba224d4d58090d814bc682d83581b.jpg
342c55fe05661b4d0a55c24b9abe2d09.jpg

Pictures I didn't take:
Meal prepped breakfast and lunch
Coffee and tea
Chocolate chip cookie bag
Brownie
Dinner ( rosemary chicken, mixed veggies, and white rice)

I did better on the snacking today. I couldn't finish all of my lunch. And for a snack I had some kettle corn. I burnt it a little and ate all the burnt pieces before I took the picture. I didn't eat the baby carrots I had today even though I brought deli meat to go with it. I use to have that combo as a snack during the summer when I was little so it had a weirdly nostalgic taste to it. Even though I had more processed snacks I still stayed within my calorie limit.

**diet ranting**
I started remembering a time when I lost a lot of weight in college. It happened three different times, I lost at least 15lb each time, and I yoyo-ed right back softly after. The first time was my first semester where I would eat a serving of wheat thins for breakfast, a piece of string cheese and a cup of yogurt for lunch, and whatever was for dinner. The second was when I started working my first job and I was so busy I didn't have time for dinner with the family and they either ate out and got me nothing or never had leftovers so I ended up having a can of soup. I also was bad a packing for lunch and always forgot to bring snacks. The third time was when I started another job, started dating someone, was going full time on campus, and got guilt tripped into rushing. I was so busy I'd usually skip a meal or two and couldn't afford to splurge on snacking.
Each time I didn't snack and had small meals. But I remember always being hungry and tired. I really want this healthy eating healthy to work, but I know it's going to be painfully slow and getting carried away during a weekend can ruin a whole weeks work. I just don't like having such easy access to bad foods. And now that I'll be going back to my masters I may have to stick with the job I have now since the type of job I have pay better than anywhere else I've seen at online sites, the benefits are good, and I heard they pay for a portion of the degree.
**end rant**

I was going to workout this evening on the rower, but someone else needed more and I lost my time slot to do it. So I spent the rest of the evening cleaning my room so the tv technician can install the new box. And I showed my dad some excel tricks.

I still haven't been getting enough water for the day. One way I could stay hydrated is if I chugged most of it during the morning, an hour before my lunch break, and after work. Since the other admin is on maternity leave I got chained to the lobby front desk and can't leave unless someone can cover for me and everyone is so busy running around the building it's almost impossible to pin anyone down for two minutes.

As for sleep, my phone keeps distracting me. But then again I'd keep forgetting to post about my self accountability updates.

I forgot to study Spanish again, but I did print out a lot of articles from one project management syllabus and learned about implementing growth within a large organizations and how to do self evaluation when you're a project manager.

For the loving section I distressed by watching a movie with the family. It was the last half of "safe haven" from Nicholas Sparks which made me think "damn Nick is going through a dark period to write something like this" and "this is the complete opposite of a safe haven for the protagonist." It also reminded me of the time where a fiend took me to see "Charlie Saint Cloud" and (spoiler alert) after Troy Bolton plays catch with his dead brother for half a movie he pulls the "you should move on bro because I'm moving on-to this totally hot girl." I like to summarize movies like people summarize the John Wick movie. (Spoiler alert) someone kills Johns wimpy dog, he kills a bunch of people, and gets a less wimpy dog at the end.

Damn I love to ramble and rant and be all over the place with my late night posts.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Korranation said:

I really want this healthy eating healthy to work, but I know it's going to be painfully slow and getting carried away during a weekend can ruin a whole weeks work.

Ultimately healthy eating is the only way to keep from having the same results you had previously, with all of your work being undone once you reached your goal.  Yes, it will take a long time, but it will also last a lot longer, which makes the struggle worth it.  And don' think of a bad weekend as ruining your week.  They key is to build habits that will eventually hold you through the weekend, it would be unwise to think that the work done consistently building good habits during the week is ruined just because you slipped on the weekend.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 10/17/2017 at 12:57 PM, Korranation said:

We have a pressure cooker and actually subscribe to our friend Brittany Williams who runs a FB group called INSTANT weight loss (if I'm not mistaken). I think her meal plan for the month is like $15? But it's totally worth it. All you have to do is use the shopping list she provides and follow the directions. We love our pressure cooker and use it pretty much daily lol. Here's some free meals I've used though to help get you started ;)

Beef Stew

Hard Boiled Eggs

Chicken Tacos

Wolf

• Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ultimately healthy eating is the only way to keep from having the same results you had previously, with all of your work being undone once you reached your goal.  Yes, it will take a long time, but it will also last a lot longer, which makes the struggle worth it.  And don' think of a bad weekend as ruining your week.  They key is to build habits that will eventually hold you through the weekend, it would be unwise to think that the work done consistently building good habits during the week is ruined just because you slipped on the weekend.

Well I've done so well at eating healthy that when I cut loose I usually end up regretting it. Kind of like that vegan on day one of that super size me documentary. I now have a fear of regular and deep dish pizza because of this. But that means I get to have more thin crust. 

Natalie%20Pizza%20Queen.gif

13 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Sleep is good. Eating is good. Nicholas Sparks is not good  

grad school prep is important right now. As we progress further, you ‘lol have more mental space to take on Spanish. We’re still in week 0. 

No one has ever said Spark is healthier and more beneficial than sleep. Well maybe someone said that at one point. I don't know their life. But if they did, they didn't have their priorities or head straight. 

I constsntly have conversations in my head where I say something rude but completely true to someone's face, but in Spanish. And I always sit in a daze wondering how to say certain words and in what tense should certain verbs be in and am I using big enough words so the white people wont understand. 

6 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

We have a pressure cooker and actually subscribe to our friend Brittany Williams who runs a FB group called INSTANT weight loss (if I'm not mistaken). I think her meal plan for the month is like $15? But it's totally worth it. All you have to do is use the shopping list she provides and follow the directions. We love our pressure cooker and use it pretty much daily lol. Here's some free meals I've used though to help get you started

Beef Stew

Hard Boiled Eggs

Chicken Tacos

Wolf

I hope you mean just dinner plans. Because I spend that much just for my lunches. But I guess if you buy in bulk it could stretch for three sets of meals for the week.

im gonna have to do some serious research on this mrs. Williams gal. It almost sounds too go to be true. 

tenor.gif

• Like 4