ixaera trains the breadlift~

freck

liz-lemon-eating.gif

ok yeah probably not like this

Hello hi welcome welcome pull up a chair or something have one of our finger sandwiches

Despite the title and gif, this is really not about bread, I'm sorry

It IS however about doing the things while also having flexibility and balance. My dad's favorite thing to say to me (to anybody, really, all the time, it's literally engraved on his urn) was "Well, you can't have everything." Yes, he said it so often that my mom joked that she was going to put it on his tombstone and that happened, we are a family that likes humor a lot

And it's a saying he said to me pretty often because one of my key personality traits is definitely trying to cram everything I want into my life when there's just no room. I gotta learn to pack lighter, and that goes for my life and time management skills, too. Overwhelming myself lead to challenge explosion last time (well, maybe only moderate challenge crumbling). Gonna try to lean it out without making it easier.

So THIS challenge, we're focusing on weaknesses, getting more specific, allowing for variances, and learning things. (Including continuing to learn how to carb-cycle, so I guess my theme is SLIGHTLY relevant.)

So our four pillars this challenge are these: Exercise, Food, Money, and Writing/Creativity. The money thing is new but necessary because I'm budgeting specifically to afford a long weekend over NYE.

Exercise:

1- Do the thing

2- One variance per week

3- Record variances or anything I'm not completely happy with in order to find a bullseye to splat

4- Saturday Yoga. Ungraded, but I get a bonus if I do it for 4 Saturdays (zero week included)

Food:

1- Do the thing (don't go over calorie goal and hit protein goals)

2- One variance per week

3- Plan out 2-3 meal plans that work with macro goals and test them out to see what works for future use.

4- Log why food wasn't made/ready in advance (even if I hit macros, the focus is to plan)

5- Find easy repeatable ways to carb cycle

6- Keep food budget to 75 per week including outings. (Zero week not included b/c of prior plans I can't change and birfday.)

Money:

1- Spend mindfully. Keep a log of purchases and what was necessary/unnecessary.

2- Plan a budget for unnecessary expenditures and see how well it works.

3- Instead of buying those small things I don't think about (games, DLC, clothes, etc), keep a list of things I thought about buying over the challenge

4- If I keep unnecessary purchases within budget, at the end of the challenge, I can get something on that list.

Writing:

1- Get my head in there every day, even if just some meditation/brainstorming.

2- One variance per week.

3- Plan a time to sit down and write or create for a solid 30 minutes of uninterrupted, focused time. 

4- Keep a log of distractions.

Notes:

Usually I allow more of a calorie range, but I'm in the homestretch of my 12 week cut (end of the challenge will be the end of the cut, actually). My tendency is to sneak over goals and go "eh it's just 100 calories" but I'm terrible and it adds up and leads to needing another cut sooner than I'd like, so let's practice not doing that :3 

Things I'm excited about this challenge: getting a solid binder of meal plans in place-- I wing it A LOT and that's part of why I end up not making protein, going over when I didn't mean to, etc. I had also kind of wanted to look at alcohol, but it's just not the problem it used to be. While I still drink too much when I drink at all, it's pretty rare. If it seems to be ramping up or regularly knocking macros off course, a harder look may be worthwhile. SQUATS. DEADLIFTS. GAINS. HAVING MORE MONEY. MAYBE ACTUALLY FINISHING SOMETHING.

I did drop studying for now. I want to make a challenge later on that focuses on that, and I'm not going to stop altogether or anything, it's just not going to be a focus this time. I need to build better habits for writing. My goal is to make that as much a part of my life as lifting has become. Once I can't live without it, maybe I'll revisit trying harder on learning new things.

Edited to add: yes, back stuff is gone too but I'm doing it everyday anyway and clearly see the advantages to making sure I take care of it, it's not gone, just not here.

Grading:

Week 1: A 0/7 B 0/7 C 0/1 D 0/7 E 0/7 F 0/1

Week 2: A 0/7 B 0/7 C 0/1 D 0/7 E 0/7 F 0/1

Week 3: A 0/7 B 0/7 C 0/1 D 0/7 E 0/7 F 0/1

Week 4: A 0/7 B 0/7 C 0/1 D 0/7 E 0/7 F 0/1

Yogas: 0/4

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

2 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Grumble, you always make things so sourtho

I'm being positive! And Ixaera is going to be rise to the occasion. I was just doughing for some more bread related activities.

• Haha 2

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

What you are is kneading better puns. Yours are so oat-vious that it's all spelt out for the reader.

Do you rye-ly want to dough this? Can you handle wheat you're starting? I will rise to any bun occasion. It's the yeast I can do. @ixaera, sorry for hijacking your thread. I'll give it a rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

9 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Do you rye-ly want to dough this? Can you handle wheat you're starting? I will rise to any bun occasion. It's the yeast I can do. @ixaera, sorry for hijacking your thread. I'll give it a rest.

Puns are my favorite, no matter how you slice it. I'll even take the crusty ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I heard about you, all crust and no dough

You were so flaxseed, she just decided to roll

Your wonton attempt to be bulgar fell flat

You could barley step to me, doughnut try and crawl back in your hole

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

I bagel you to stop

muffin good can come of this

waffle have you done to my thread

Wheat a world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

i like your style of goals, good on you to focus in on just a few things! Might have to steal some of this...

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

19 hours ago, Grumble said:

Yay Bread!

Wait. Not bread?

Yay balancing things!

19 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

wait, so there is NO bread? 

I somehow missed these in the aftermath of the punwar~

There IS bread maybe

It's not forbidden

it's just not actually about bread, sorry bread!

I don't eat a ton of bread so there's a small chance of a zero bread challenge by accident, but never never on purpose!

(I tend to eat more rice, potatoes and noodles for carbs b/c I find them more filling, etc. But I will definitely bread, this girl enjoys a nice sandwich and/or breadstick.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Just now, calanthrophy said:

If I had a (pumper)nickel for every bad pun in this thread...

...you'd have a bun-dle.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

27 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

If I had a (pumper)nickel for every bad pun in this thread...

26 minutes ago, Urgan said:

...you'd have a bun-dle.

that you could keep in your bag-uette

:D

sorry. that was crumb-y

I'm such a heel :(

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Just now, ixaera said:

that you could keep in your bag-uette

:D

sorry. that was crumb-y

I'm such a heel :(

Naan, that was great!

You've got a natural talent, so don't be a-loaf, but a pita the action!

• Like 1

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Level 15  Wookie Warrior