Tina-Fey-Is-Excited-Life-Is-Finally-Happ

So a lot of stuff happened in the last year. Got a job, got laid off, got a new job. Got married. Got a dog. Bought a house. Gained 40 lbs? (whoa)

My name is Angela and I'm here to get back to living a healthier lifestyle. Let's do ittttttt.

Main Goal: Run a half marathon in June.

What am I doing to get there?

- I would like to lose some weight to make the distance easier to cover.

- I would like to continue to lift weights to maintain strong bone health and to keep my metabolism kicking.

- I want to start running again on a regular basis.

- I want to do all these things without going 110% and immediately burning out and going back to doing nothing at all.

Goal 1: Get up by 5:30AM on weekdays

If I am up early, I am able to make a smoothie for breakfast, pack a lunch, deal with the dog, and get myself ready and out the door with minimal stress. If I'm not...ehh sometimes that stuff happens and sometimes it's a crazy rush to the door where I stop for a mocha on the way into work. So, up and at 'em!

Goal 2: Lift 3x week

I am on a program that calls for lifting 3x week. Ideally this would happen M/W/F but if it gets done, it's a win. Not going to set rep limits or everything since I'm generally pretty good at doing the scheduled stuff once my butt is in the gym.

Goal 3: Meditate at least 10 minutes daily.

This is something I've been working on a lot but need to get more consistent with. I think it makes a difference in my mental health and I'd like to make it more of a habit.

Goal 4: Pack lunch for work 3x/week.

This is something I struggle with because man, I love eating out at lunch. But my budget disagrees, and it's a way to get more healthy food into my diet. 3x/week is a win for now, we can move it up in future challenges.

All right, let's do this thing!

source.gif

• Like 9

Lvl 1 Ranger

Current Challenge: Workin' On My Night Cheese

MapMyFitness

Fitocracy

-------------------

A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence. 

Tina-Fey-Is-Excited-Life-Is-Finally-Happening-For-Her-As-Liz-Lemon-On-30-Rock.gif

So a lot of stuff happened in the last year. Got a job, got laid off, got a new job. Got married. Got a dog. Bought a house. Gained 40 lbs? (whoa)

My name is Angela and I'm here to get back to living a healthier lifestyle. Let's do ittttttt.

- I would like to continue to lift weights to maintain strong bone health and to keep my metabolism kicking.
- I want to do all these things without going 110% and immediately burning out and going back to doing nothing at all.

Goal 1: Get up by 5:30AM on weekdays

If I am up early, I am able to make a smoothie for breakfast, pack a lunch, deal with the dog, and get myself ready and out the door with minimal stress. If I'm not...ehh sometimes that stuff happens and sometimes it's a crazy rush to the door where I stop for a mocha on the way into work. So, up and at 'em!

Goal 2: Lift 3x week

I am on a program that calls for lifting 3x week. Ideally this would happen M/W/F but if it gets done, it's a win. Not going to set rep limits or everything since I'm generally pretty good at doing the scheduled stuff once my butt is in the gym.

Goal 3: Meditate at least 10 minutes daily.

This is something I've been working on a lot but need to get more consistent with. I think it makes a difference in my mental health and I'd like to make it more of a habit.

Goal 4: Pack lunch for work 3x/week.

This is something I struggle with because man, I love eating out at lunch. But my budget disagrees, and it's a way to get more healthy food into my diet. 3x/week is a win for now, we can move it up in future challenges.

All right, let's do this thing!

source.gif
This is great! I look forward to seeing you kick this challenge's butt!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Level 0 | Amazon | Class = ???

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

LJ Diet Blog

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." - Helen Keller

1 hour ago, redpuma said:

This is great! I look forward to seeing you kick this challenge's butt!

Ha, thanks! 

Easing into zero week...

Getting up at 5:30 didn't happen. Sort of expected that based on the messed up sleep schedule I followed this weekend, but still frustrated. Stopped at the grocery store on the way in for a frozen lunch which I'll count as a half win since I didn't go shopping Sunday nor prepare anything for lunch today. Weeee. Gonna shop after work today for the week and move lifting to Tuesday after work.

Went for a 30 min run over lunch break - slow and steady. Felt good, finally starting to get the crisp of fall in the air. It's supposed to be up in the mid 70s again on Friday though. Ah well, winter will be here soon enough and then no one will be happy.

• Like 3

Lvl 1 Ranger

MapMyFitness

Fitocracy

-------------------

On 10/16/2017 at 3:13 AM, madcityknitta said:

Yay! I love this goal! Have you signed up for it already?

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 10/15/2017 at 10:13 PM, madcityknitta said:

1. Get up by 5:30AM on weekdays
  2. Lift 3x week
  3. Meditate at least 10 minutes daily.
  4. Pack lunch for work 3x/week.

Hello madcityknitta!  Welcome to the game!

You're goals look clear and doable.  Out of curiosity, what lifting program are you using?

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

23 hours ago, Hazard said:

what lifting program are you using?

Beat me to it but I was wondering too.

Love the clear goals and your plan to reach your main goal, inquiring minds want to know, have you signed up for the 1/2? 

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I have to get up 5:30 on two days a week. so I feel you there... But I get so much done on these days. It's a wonder.

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I love your user name and your challenge title!

I get up every morning at 5. or 5:15. I have to be IN BED at 930 to be a reasonable human being and get everything done the next day - do you have an evening alarm set to remind you to go to bed? that's helped me out a lot.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Thanks for all the nice comments y'all!

Zero week was a bit of a bust for a variety of life reasons. Back on the horse!

Changing one of my goals to be instead of getting up at 5:30 to taking the bus vs driving to work 5x/week. We are thinking seriously about going down to a one car household, but this would involve me tightening up my morning routine and catching the bus. So far so good this week, 2 successes! Not quite up at 5:30 but I've been spending less time laying in bed on my phone before getting up which is a win.

Did not get to the gym last night, but I still have time to remedy that tonight. Figuring it out with the above bus schedule vs driving, but it's going ok.

I did meditate Monday, though I didn't do a "good job" at it. Distracted. It's the effort that counts. Didn't pack a lunch yesterday because of a Diwali celebration at my work. Have leftover soup today (salmon chowder, holy cow it's good). So that is shaping up good as well.

Hoping for a less brief update tomorrow. Of course work is crazy the first week I try to do one of these challenges. We just keep plugging along!

• Like 2

Lvl 1 Ranger

MapMyFitness

Fitocracy

-------------------

You've got a fellow runner from the Scouts guild in your corner on this one. Love everything about it. Good luck!

giphy.gif

Chapter 25: Theophilus is Mostly Done

Volume 1: Meanderings (2015 - 2020): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23

Volume 2: The Bar and the Bellwether (2021): 24 | 25

"May your curse in life be that your hard work is constantly mistaken for talent."

How is this week treating you?

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I wanted to post a big pun about someone hiding the [night] cheese but then I searched and I was actually thinking of the book "WHO MOVED MY CHEESE" which is not at all the same thing and not as funny so anyway. never mind.

how is week 3 going? :D 

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Semi-automated message from your Guild Leader)

Hi!

This Challenge period has come to its end.   If you could please, take a few minutes to fill out this Feedback Form (Click Here).

Although this the last end of this challenge, there's usually a 1 week break between challenge periods.  During that break, you can keep going in here if you want to.  But keep an eye out for the new Guild Forums to appear that are for the next challenge period.  They should be activated soon-ish.  Once they are, you should decide which guild you want to do your next challenge in, and place your new challenge thread inside that guild's forum.

If you have any more questions about this process, or anything else, please post your question(s) on the Guild Leader AMA with Hazard thread.   That way if anybody has your same question(s), I can answer it for everyone at the same time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano