RedStone Paints The Town

RedStone

On 16/10/2017 at 8:04 AM, RedStone said:

giphy.gif

AWWWW YEAH ZERO WEEK!!!!

ZERO WEEEEK!!!!!

And I'm going to take this week to organize my challenge which is currently on the verge of being massively overloaded and disorganized.

For now tho, I need your help!!! I'm getting back into a chibi practice and want to make one every morning over coffee. Only problem is that I'm not really good at... braining... before coffee -_- If anyone has any requests or ideas for what I should draw, I shall comply as best as possible!!! (I'm also starting to play with pixel art and will make some stuff in there tooooo.) Request away!!!

And in the meantime, HAPPY ZERO WEEK NERDS!!! 

You should draw like a chibi shogun monk nerd... the masses would love that.

• Like 1

One must still have chaos in oneself to give birth to a dancing star.

Current Challenge

27 minutes ago, Machete said:

Had a glenoid fracture the beginning of September, so I've just been pumping-up the left arm ever since. Don't know if they're sending me to PT for mine. (We'll see Wednesday.)

WUT :o Dangggg what hapenned?? That's some nasty biz... did you need a surgery? I have some shoulder mish, but nothing more than weak links, they've been tricky for years and the general opinion is all the abuse from gymnastics during developmental years. (I had evil coaches, as was the style at the time...)

22 minutes ago, Chimichanga said:

Sweet.  Curls it is.

LMAOOOOOOO

18 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

You should draw like a chibi shogun monk nerd... the masses would love that.

OBVIOUSLY. So it is written. So it shall be done.

_____

Soooooo I went to Philly last night for the Ben Folds show, and he was super nice and thoughtful and is writing a book! I introduced him to Spike but he didn't really subscribe so much as tell me about his daughter, which was pretty cute anyway. There were paper planes and I'm really glad I got to have the experience! 

Workout stuff - there were benches, a rack of DBs and a dual cable in the hotel gym, so I got in a somewhat normal workout this morning before epic brunch and a tedious drive home. I am currently prepping slow cooker chicken marengo while DIY highlighting my hair for some reason. (I haven't done this in a while and am sort of second guessing my manic panic DGAF mentality, but fortunately, my anxiety is normally married to apathy, thanks again manic panic DGAF mentality! Worse case I dye it black tomorrow :P)

Also while I was gone I finally started the new instagram for the blog that hasn't hapenned yet. I really haven't had the emotional energy for the blog... and so much of it has been about a lack of inspiration. The pixel stuff has been speaking to me, and I've had an itch to glitch, which has been several years. This is a simple way for me to ease in, something I can do mobile between sessions etc, and makes me want to use tumblr as a blog platform for it's socialness, ease of use, and casual nature, vs a more formal website setup.

I also stopped at a small art supply that has all the cool shit Michaels doesn't have, and got a few palette options for watercolors, which I've really struggled with and needed since we moved. My palettes must be somewhere... right? I dunno. I haven't found them and I've floundered trying to DIY a solution. Now I'm stoked to try out the new sidge.

SO. While I was away, several things became very clear: I need to spend more time in Philly. I need to make more art and def DGAF or thinkabout pleasing the masses with it. I need to seek out epic brunch. I need culture. I need adventures that don't rely on others. I need to not take myself to seriously. This has been a good zero week. I am not unhappy with the biz :D 

• Like 13
9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Think this is true for many of us :) 

QFT

Is philly the closest city for you? Or just the city where you feel most at home with the culture? TBH living in Texas I forget that other people can cross multiple state lines in the time it takes me to get to Houston or Austin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

31 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

QFT

Is philly the closest city for you? Or just the city where you feel most at home with the culture? TBH living in Texas I forget that other people can cross multiple state lines in the time it takes me to get to Houston or Austin.

NYC is quite a bit closer, but we had a falling out and haven't really talked much in the last few years. When we moved out of NYC a few years ago, I was considering Philly, but Mr Red wanted to be able to commute to NYC still. My Brother lives in a Philly suburb, and last year we moved my parents to the same one, so we actually spend a decent amount of time there as it is and have community etc there. I'm starting to call it my second city lol

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, RedStone said:

NYC is quite a bit closer, but we had a falling out and haven't really talked much in the last few years. When we moved out of NYC a few years ago, I was considering Philly, but Mr Red wanted to be able to commute to NYC still. My Brother lives in a Philly suburb, and last year we moved my parents to the same one, so we actually spend a decent amount of time there as it is and have community etc there. I'm starting to call it my second city lol

Ummm....Chicago has dibs on “second city”! :P

In all seriousness, sounds like an awesome setup! Think spending more time there will lead to you and the Mr moving there eventually?

• Like 1

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

17 hours ago, RedStone said:

DIY highlighting my hair for some reason. (I haven't done this in a while and am sort of second guessing my manic panic DGAF mentality, but fortunately, my anxiety is normally married to apathy, thanks again manic panic DGAF mentality! Worse case I dye it black tomorrow :P)

I vote for red strands. That usually works quite well with black and I like the combination. I would do it, too, if my hair wasn't that light. Usually I dye my hair red, but at the moment I have my natural hair color and at least for a winter I want to keep them and let my hair grow out a little. My parents were really suprised when they saw me with my natural hair color. I've been dying it non stop for at least ten years.

17 hours ago, RedStone said:

SO. While I was away, several things became very clear: I need to spend more time in Philly. I need to make more art and def DGAF or think about pleasing the masses with it. I need to seek out epic brunch. I need culture. I need adventures that don't rely on others. I need to not take myself too seriously. This has been a good zero week. I am not unhappy with the biz :D 

Quote for true. You made a lot of beautiful art and pleased the masses a lot. :mushroom:xD I hope the rest of your challenge goes as well. And I still want the zero week hoodie. :snowman: I've been very enthusiastic about my zero week this time.

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

9 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Ummm....Chicago has dibs on “second city”! :P

LOL I know... Mr Red kept saying that...

9 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

In all seriousness, sounds like an awesome setup! Think spending more time there will lead to you and the Mr moving there eventually?

Maybe in time. He wants to stay near work... if things change it's on my list for sure!

6 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I vote for red strands. 

That's pretty much what ended up hapenning... sort of a violet red

My parents were really suprised when they saw me with my natural hair color. I've been dying it non stop for at least ten years.

Hahaha that's awesome :P 

Quote for true. You made a lot of beautiful art and pleased the masses a lot. :mushroom:xD I hope the rest of your challenge goes as well. And I still want the zero week hoodie. :snowman: I've been very enthusiastic about my zero week this time.

<3 <3 <3 

1 hour ago, Chimichanga said:

I LOVE this one.  I need to get better at this.

I really do too. Not sure how to make it happen. BUT IT MUSSSSTTTTTTT

• Like 4

It's totes time for some freakin challenge goals yo! I'm glad I took the week to let things percolate, I talked to some folks, checked in with myself, and I think I have some reasonable and organized mish ready to go. I think it's probably pretty self explanatory. 

RECOVER

2X real meals everyday 

3X In bed by 10:30 on early morning work nights. (I may read or watch tv.)

TRAIN

3X per week

2X Cardio per week

DECOMPRESS

5X Morning Chibi

4X TV on couch at the end of the night

ARTS AND CRAFTS

3X Activity from list at the end of the night

5X Insta

PARTICIPATE

5X Update my thread

5X Comment on other people's threads

ONE TIME ONLY

Submit to winter shows (Deadline is Nov 14, but early admin is better, I need to do it THIS WEEK)

Buy American Gods

Paint

Board Game Art (a thing I'm doing with an art friend)

Additionally, I'm going to add a little something different but the same, building off the voice points from last challenge. These are going to be do SOMETHING POINTS! This is when I go past the voice bit of speaking my mind and actually DO SOMETHING... in an expressive nature. Adventures. Embracing fears. (I'm meeting up with some parkour guys next week... this would count since I'm scared shitless of most of that biz.) Stuff on my own. It's experimental and I'll explain as I go. If it doesn't make sense... it doesn't count.

I want to make this a swag challenge cause dammit I want that enderman decal, but I don't think this is the one. 

BjjiJA8.jpg

I notarized my challenge while I was out antiquing today... why not. Let's make this biz legit :P 

D5OM6K6m.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 3
57 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I notarized my challenge while I was out antiquing today... why not. Let's make this biz legit :P 

This really made me smile :) 

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Lots of awesome in here! 

• Like 1

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

On 10/21/2017 at 8:49 PM, RedStone said:

This is a simple way for me to ease in, something I can do mobile between sessions etc, and makes me want to use tumblr as a blog platform for it's socialness, ease of use, and casual nature, vs a more formal website setup.

This seems pretty wise to me. Having a regular website feels to me like it requires more content and effort.  Wise redstone is wise. 

9 hours ago, RedStone said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

can we go back to where you actually talked to ben folds? *heart eyes emoji*

• Like 3

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Woo, more chibi!

And awesome goals.

And an as usual awesome amazing BuJo set up.

/dreamy sigh

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Oh man I'm tired. TLDW I had a very very full day, very little break, and fit in a workout somewhere in the mish. I felt mega blah and did a lot of intense stretching and a bazillion handstand shrugs and stuff. Lots of back, regular PT mish, painful core. I totally didn't make it to bed on tie last night and that's gonna not hapenning tonight. (I thought Scott Pilgrim Vs The World was shorter and I had to finish it... T_T) Everything hurts now and I'm too tired for a bath. Tomorrow will be way easier. I did eat proper meals today and no snacking so that's good. 

12 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

can we go back to where you actually talked to ben folds? *heart eyes emoji*

And Spike!!! Spike got him to sign the songbook for him... and he was super charming and apparently made me laugh a lot...

f1LwTUyl.jpg wsDf4sMl.jpg 

PCvcbP1l.jpg

• Like 10

Cool you had a good time.

Recently I've been tired, too. I thought it had something to do with less sunlight and the cold weather.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

9 hours ago, RedStone said:

Oh man I'm tired. TLDW I had a very very full day, very little break, and fit in a workout somewhere in the mish. I felt mega blah and did a lot of intense stretching and a bazillion handstand shrugs and stuff. Lots of back, regular PT mish, painful core. I totally didn't make it to bed on tie last night and that's gonna not hapenning tonight. (I thought Scott Pilgrim Vs The World was shorter and I had to finish it... T_T) Everything hurts now and I'm too tired for a bath. Tomorrow will be way easier. I did eat proper meals today and no snacking so that's good.

You too huh? Yesterday was hard, but you did it and now it's done. Hope you got lots of sleep.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

4 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Cool you had a good time.

Recently I've been tired, too. I thought it had something to do with less sunlight and the cold weather.

31 minutes ago, Urgan said:

You too huh? Yesterday was hard, but you did it and now it's done. Hope you got lots of sleep.

Ya... It rained all night and that was good sleeping. I had some weird ass dreams, but that's not super unusual if I'm actually getting sleep. I'm trying to be mindful about distracting myself from the thoughts that keep me up, which are usually good thoughts, but one's I don't want to stop thinking about...

Halloween cometh! One week down! Today's Chibi for @NeverThatBored

wFCWtlmm.jpg?1

• Like 8

OMG SO COOL!

SO is going to be insanely jealous. we still need to get to a show together soon :) 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

Halloween cometh! One week down! Today's Chibi for @NeverThatBored

wFCWtlmm.jpg?1

Awww~~

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Love da chibi's!  Love da artist!

<3

• Like 1

Level 71 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81