Diadhuit goes to the heart of things

Diadhuit

Last challenge was partly successful, but I got drained up by things, so I am revisiting it and make it work better.

Main goal: I am important and I need to take care of myself too

The multiplier is a thing to help me tracking the goal during the challenge: I calculate the percentage (e.g. I ate vegetables 2 days out of 4 passed = 50%) then multiply for it to get the final result (50*1.2=60%).

60% is the passing grade

90% is the loot grade

Passing the challenge => all quests is 60% or more

Getting the loot => all quests is 90% or more

Bonus quest: Keep it up!

walk to or from work while pray as you go

This is a habit already for working days, but I want to keep it as the weather changes and the days are shorter.

Quest 1 A strong core is the heart of exercise

One of these gives a tick in habits:

Physio (do the knee plank for one song (keeping it as much as I can) and then go in the downward dog  and then the snake with the roller for a second song)

30 days abs challenge

Yoga (either a class or at home)

Pilates (either a class or at home)

Hula hoop (either a class or at home)

Bellydance (either a class or at home)

Anywhere abs

Multiplier: 1.4

Quest 2 Nourish the body

Drink 2.4 litres of water per day

Eat 6 freggies per day or an average of 7 over the challenge

Multiplier: 1.3

Using the tracker app

Quest 3 Find what is important

Each week find 3 important tasks to be done by the end of the week

Week 0 tasks:

- call the hospital for appointment

- decide the halloween costume

- health insurance claim

Level up my life Nourish the soul

5m mindfulness and pray on the scriptures

Lectio divina

Meditation course

Dancing prayer

Multiplier:  1.3

Loot: tbd

• Like 4

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

I love quest 3, those kind of things get easily neglected when trying to build habits because the mind is somewhere else. 

How often do you plan on doing quest 1 and the level up life quest? Or are those just a one time thing?

• Like 3
I love quest 3, those kind of things get easily neglected when trying to build habits because the mind is somewhere else. 
How often do you plan on doing quest 1 and the level up life quest? Or are those just a one time thing?
Thanks, I have seen it done around here and last challenge I was struggling in balancing my targets and my todo (that was 10-15 items per week and sometimes where small projects) and I ended up neglecting my todo and my Importants (like my friends) to the point that I did a big room cleanup at the end of the challenge (still things to finish though).
Quest 1 and luyl are daily tasks, but to be chosen from the list. I have seen@Fleaball doing that and I thought would fit me well, as I get bored very easily!

Now today there was a hurricane (the first from the sixties) and was all red alert. I walked to work and got sent back after an hour with my laptop. So I partially worked, partially looked at the news worried and it turned out to be very mild weather in my area of Dublin. Tree have fallen, roof tiles too, but luckily few people have died in the whole country. Tomorrow schools will be closed, but I'll go to work unless alerts change.
Tbh it was a strange day: all public transport was blocked but airplanes were going! My flatmate landed safely and then took a private bus to get home, but the door of it opened on the motorway because of the winds!

Beside work, it has been so good today!

Food log 16/10

Freggie fist: 6.5
Protein palm, fat thumb: 7
Whole carbs: 5
White carbs cups, junk thumb: 3
Water: 2.4

And I ticked one of the todo: I have a halloween costume for the 1001 nights party! My flatmate gave me a real sari!
  • Like 3

Your challenge looks great! It seems like you figured out a good way to handle habits vs projects this time around. I hope it works out!

Thank goodness you're safe from Ophelia! Keep us posted!
Thanks,
I stole a lot of ideas from you :) hopefully it will work.
All is grand, we are receiving emergency supplies:

Food log 16/10

Freggie fist: 6.5
Whole carbs: 5
White carbs cups, junk thumb: 3

7ba725e85e02270595cf6bd24c7c0185.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I am glad things are back to normal for you. And I agree with@Wobbegong. Hurricane season can be over now.
Yeah, I feel for the other side of the pond. For us it has been the worst in 40y or so and there has been 3 deaths in the whole Island. We have been lucky as many trees fell and roofs flown.

Food log 17/10

Freggie fist: 9.5
Protein palm, fat thumb: 10
Whole carbs: 2
White carbs cups, junk thumb: 6
Water: 2
  • Like 3

I don't know if it was the winter coming, if I am getting a cold or what but yesterday I was very energetic in the morning but very tired in the evening.
I had loads of sugars on my way home. I do wonder if both are because again no one show up at lectio.
When I arrived home I watched tv (wow, that never happens to me!) and then I went to bed at 9pm to wake up at 7am! And I am still tired!
Anyway, not many ticks in my challenge, but it was to take care of myself :)

Food log 18/10

Freggie fist: 8
Protein palm, fat thumb: 3
Whole carbs: 3
White carbs cups, junk thumb: 10

• Like 3

Could be a sugar crash? I know several people (myself included) who never get the sugar rush, but feel the crash after eating a bunch of sugar. Or maybe you have a cold, as you said. 

If it is the sugar, you could try eating something with more protein and fat before bed, and seeing if that leaves you feeling any better? Just a thought. 

• Like 2
I am the same as Wobbegong. I don't get a sugar rush, but especially if my eating is off, I will just "Crash" and be tired and not really functional if I don't eat regularly. Maybe that was part of it.  Hope today is better
No, I get the sugar rush, and not so much the crash... I was tired before eating I did use eating to 'keep going'.
I was still tired this morn after sleeping 10 hours, but it went better during the day and now I am good. I think I should consider eating something (fruit, yoghurt, nuts) at 4 each day because hunger might be the cause. Or I might feel the winter blues... Someone suggested me to be checked for SAD, but I don't think I have it.

Anyway:
Food log19/10

Freggie fist: 7
Whole carbs: 1
White carbs cups, junk thumb: 7
Water: 2.8

And second element of todo done!
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2017 at 8:08 AM, Diadhuit said:

Last challenge was partly successful, but I got drained up by things, so I am revisiting it and make it work better.

Good luck!

17 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I don't know if it was the winter coming, if I am getting a cold or what but yesterday I was very energetic in the morning but very tired in the evening.
I had loads of sugars on my way home. I do wonder if both are because again no one show up at lectio.
When I arrived home I watched tv (wow, that never happens to me!) and then I went to bed at 9pm to wake up at 7am! And I am still tired!

I've been getting really tired in the evenings too. I think my sleep schedule got messed up because I'm also waking up really early. But the kind of waking up where you're too tired to do anything but not tired enough to fall back asleep.

I hope you're not getting a cold. A lot of sugar plus a low mood usually makes me really tired. TV is one of those things that will either put me to sleep, or keep me up all night (unless someone goes and turns off the TV for me). So maybe it could be a combination of the sugar, no one showing up at lectio, and then watching TV?

EDIT: I don't normally get a sugar rush or crash, but it still can affect my mood, which in turn affects how tired/energetic I am. Bodies are weird.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

19 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

No, I get the sugar rush, and not so much the crash... I was tired before eating I did use eating to 'keep going'.
I was still tired this morn after sleeping 10 hours, but it went better during the day and now I am good. I think I should consider eating something (fruit, yoghurt, nuts) at 4 each day because hunger might be the cause. Or I might feel the winter blues... Someone suggested me to be checked for SAD, but I don't think I have it.

Well hopefully you can take this weekend and rest up at bit to fix the energy levels. I know I have SAD issues. I went through and started putting daylight light bulbs in the house and that has helped some as well. But really, its a matter of seeing if you can get rested up and then watch for it to happen again.

19 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

And second element of todo done!

I always cheer these. I know I feel very accomplished when I can cross anything off

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

18 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Well hopefully you can take this weekend and rest up at bit to fix the energy levels. I know I have SAD issues. I went through and started putting daylight light bulbs in the house and that has helped some as well. But really, its a matter of seeing if you can get rested up and then watch for it to happen again.

Hahahahaha, you don't know me... I pack my weekend up as much as I can: tomorrow dance workshop, seeing some friends, and night (evening) out. Sunday crochet, lectio and mass. In other words it will be difficult to find time to go grocery shopping andn prepare lunch for my week.

Luckly I feel full of energy today because I still have to do core exercise and pray and cross one item from todo and it is 8pm already! Gah!

Since I don't have time tomorrow I'll review week 0 now, considering that I'll do the three things that I am missing. If I don't I'll update.

Bonus quest: Keep it up!

walk to or from work while pray as you go

This is a habit already for working days, but I want to keep it as the weather changes and the days are shorter.

5/5 --> 100%

And I got 100% score overall in the app with a 54 days streak! Who-hoo! Not even a hurricane can stop me :)

Quest 1 A strong core is the heart of exercise

Physio (do the knee plank for one song (keeping it as much as I can) and then go in the downward dog  and then the snake with the roller for a second song)

30 days abs challenge

Yoga (either a class or at home)

Pilates (either a class or at home)

Hula hoop (either a class or at home)

Bellydance (either a class or at home)

Anywhere abs

Multiplier: 1.4

3/5 --> 84%

Quest 2 Nourish the body

Drink 2.4 litres of water per day

Eat 6 freggies per day or an average of 7 over the challenge

4/5 --> 100%

Using the tracker app

Quest 3 Find what is important

Each week find 3 important tasks to be done by the end of the week

Week 0 tasks:

- call the hospital for appointment

- decide the halloween costume

- health insurance claim

Week 1 tasks:

- hoover my bedroom

- party preparation

- tax claims

3/3 --> 100%

Level up my life Nourish the soul

5m mindfulness and pray on the scriptures

Lectio divina

Meditation course

Dancing prayer

Multiplier:  1.3

4/5 --> 100%

This is working, I think. I definitely feel better.

Loot: milk frother

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Hahahahaha, you don't know me... I pack my weekend up as much as I can: tomorrow dance workshop, seeing some friends, and night (evening) out. Sunday crochet, lectio and mass. In other words it will be difficult to find time to go grocery shopping andn prepare lunch for my week.

Luckly I feel full of energy today because I still have to do core exercise and pray and cross one item from todo and it is 8pm already! Gah!

Since I don't have time tomorrow I'll review week 0 now, considering that I'll do the three things that I am missing. If I don't I'll update.

Sounds familiar. I like to think people have quiet weekends since I never do. But really, I know most people tend to fill weekends with all the things. Good luck getting to the store and preparing your lunch. At least your not so tired and you have energy to do the things.

It sounds like your week went well. Keep it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Sounds familiar. I like to think people have quiet weekends since I never do. But really, I know most people tend to fill weekends with all the things. Good luck getting to the store and preparing your lunch. At least your not so tired and you have energy to do the things.

It sounds like your week went well. Keep it up.

I have a saying at work "I need work weeks to recover from weekends" and being in Ireland everyone things I get wasted each weekend, but I don't drink and I am mostly in bed by midnight even during weekends...

I don't understand people who live only during the weekend, I fill every minute of my life and I would love a superpower that allows me to dilate time and do more, I would even like to stay more at work if it didn't affect the possibility to do other stuff outside work.

I am having a very energetic few days after my energy crash, and I am very happy about it, thanks :) Taking a 10h sleep on Wednesday sorted me out... and I have done my tax claims at 9am on Sunday morning! And now I am ready for the other commitments of the day

• Like 2

On 10/22/2017 at 3:48 AM, Diadhuit said:

I have a saying at work "I need work weeks to recover from weekends" and being in Ireland everyone things I get wasted each weekend, but I don't drink and I am mostly in bed by midnight even during weekends...

I don't understand people who live only during the weekend, I fill every minute of my life and I would love a superpower that allows me to dilate time and do more, I would even like to stay more at work if it didn't affect the possibility to do other stuff outside work.

I get it. My husband says the same thing. We are so busy that when he is at work, it seems to be the only downtime. I am glad that you are making the most out of life.

On 10/22/2017 at 3:48 AM, Diadhuit said:

I am having a very energetic few days after my energy crash, and I am very happy about it, thanks :) Taking a 10h sleep on Wednesday sorted me out... and I have done my tax claims at 9am on Sunday morning! And now I am ready for the other commitments of the day

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hope you had a good Sunday.

• Like 1