Jump to content

Siferiax starts walking again


Siferiax

Recommended Posts

Second challenge since returning to NF!

Last challenge went quite well (if you happen to know my challenge track record XD)

I have some goals I wish to work on... far too many!

I wish to deal with some things related to autism as well. Hopefully I will manage! Going to be a real challenge though.

I gave my goals a priority :3 hopefully that helps! 

 

Goals

 

Diet

#1 Don't buy snacks to and from work

#2 Only eat planned breakfast

- Try to not eat lunch as extra breakfast. Lunch = 12:30

- Experiment with drinking water instead

#3 Don't eat work snacks

- No Sinterklaas snacks before December 1st.

- Make meal plan for Christmas.

 

Exercise

#1 Do therapy exercises (~30 min/day)

 

Life

#1 Addiction management

- Make plan for addiction / obsession management

- How to avoid addiction while still doing things I love.

#2 Track energy levels

#3 Write

- NaNoWriMo

- DnD campaign (optional/depends on sessions)

  • Like 4

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

No Sinterklaas snack before December 1st - On track

Plan making for addicition - On track

 

Google sheets spreadsheet

- Buying snacks

- Breakfast

- Therapy Exercises

- End of day tracked energy level

- Writing

  • Like 4

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

- plan for the holiday season

 

Whew....Holiday Season is Cray Cray for me! Any exciting Holiday plans coming up?? Yay for first post! :P 

 

Wolf

  • Like 2

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

 

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

 

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

 

Link to post
Just now, Wild Wolf said:

 

Whew....Holiday Season is Cray Cray for me! Any exciting Holiday plans coming up?? Yay for first post! :P 

 

Wolf

 

No, more the eating side of it :P I wish to have a solid plan to keep my lower sugar intake (there is no such thing with me) going and for keeping my no snack buying streak :D 

lol yay!

  • Like 4

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

October 16th 2017

- Filled in spreadsheet. It's done and up to date!

- Started up this thread.

- Read some of my old challenges.

 

Food

- Train breakfast: bread scraps

- Breakfast: bread with cheese

- So close to lunch but still second breakfast (12:15): bread with cheese

- Lunch: yoghurt with crunchies!

(BAM! didn't eat extra stuff like more bread)

- Dinner: left-over cheese.

(we had anti-pasti the past 2 days and had some cheese left. This was in favor of actually getting snacks on the way home. My BF allows me to count it as a win :3)

 

I want to start in zero-week to keep momentum from last challenge going :3

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

Welcome back!

 

It's hard picking and prioritizing when there's so much you want to do. 

 

NaNoWriMo! I'm being very strict with myself to not do it this year. I don't have time for it, but every year I jump in at the last moment because I had some cool idea or other. And then it just causes so much stress. (I need to just do the camp one in the summer...)

 

Good luck!

  • Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
Welcome back!
 
It's hard picking and prioritizing when there's so much you want to do. 
 
NaNoWriMo! I'm being very strict with myself to not do it this year. I don't have time for it, but every year I jump in at the last moment because I had some cool idea or other. And then it just causes so much stress. (I need to just do the camp one in the summer...)
 
Good luck!
Thanks!
It is hard, but I'll manage :)

Uhm yes I have failed every year I participated, and have not joined for quite a few years.
But I want to be creative again, I want to write again. So I'm joining just to get into writing again!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Thanks!
It is hard, but I'll manage :)

Uhm yes I have failed every year I participated, and have not joined for quite a few years.
But I want to be creative again, I want to write again. So I'm joining just to get into writing again!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

Best of luck with NaNoWriMo!  I was supposed to do it this year with friends, but then they decided that they wanted to do it in October instead of November when I completely wasn't ready for it.  >_>  ...I'm still undecided if I'm going to go for it on my own in November.  I hope it goes well for you! :) 

  • Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post
1 hour ago, Jlailin said:

Best of luck with NaNoWriMo!  I was supposed to do it this year with friends, but then they decided that they wanted to do it in October instead of November when I completely wasn't ready for it.  >_>  ...I'm still undecided if I'm going to go for it on my own in November.  I hope it goes well for you! :) 

 

You should! Then we can support each other :D 

 

5 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Hats off to anyone and everyone who does NaNo, whether they successfully complete their story or just make a valiant attempt. Y'all are fantastic!

 

Thank you! 

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

October 17th 2017

- Updated spreadsheet

- Win on breakfast!

- Fail on exercises... I'm so bad at this... idk

- DnD session has been moved... so I have a little breathing room with planning 

- Tracked Energy! Explanation of numbers: I use buckets as a metaphor. Bucket has space for 10 energy drainers (things that cause stress, frustration or just cost energy all apply). I filled 5 spaces today. Overflow happens when I fill more than 5 spaces. It will then start affecting the next day as well. Usually I take about half of the overflow. Everything above 10 goes to the next day instead of the day it happened.

 

Food

- Train breakfast: piece of bread, ATE WITH BREAKFAST!!!

- Breakfast: bread with cheese

- Lunch: bread with cheese & yoghurt with crunchies!

(BAM! no second breakfast!)

- Dinner: fries. Not as good as the ones I normally get, but I wanted to know if these were better.

  • Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

- Fail on exercises... I'm so bad at this... idk

What happened? Now's a great time to stop and reflect on this challenge, when we're just getting started. Did you not set aside enough time? Was it an issue with getting started? Did you not want to do your exercises? Did you forget? Was it giving you anxiety because it requires changing your routine? 

 

If you can figure out what's blocking you, we can all help you brainstorm ways to overcome the issue. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

What happened? Now's a great time to stop and reflect on this challenge, when we're just getting started. Did you not set aside enough time? Was it an issue with getting started? Did you not want to do your exercises? Did you forget? Was it giving you anxiety because it requires changing your routine? 

 

If you can figure out what's blocking you, we can all help you brainstorm ways to overcome the issue. 

 

THERE'S A SHINY COMPUTER THERE AND I WANT TO DO X,Y,Z ON IT AND THIS IS NOW THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Basically that's what my brain is like when I get home........

And I don't have my boyfriend right now to call me out on it... 

I actually should be sleeping now... but no this is more important and argh.

I seem to lack the mental energy to really fight this right now.

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

I was thinking along the lines of finding a program which would block sites after a certain time spend on them each day. I wonder if something like that exists. I will have to look into it.
My current addiction is wajas.com and NF. So I'm thinking 30-60 min wajas and maybe 1 hour NF? Have to see how fast I can read/respond for NF [emoji14]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
On 10/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, Siferiax said:

 

No, more the eating side of it :P I wish to have a solid plan to keep my lower sugar intake (there is no such thing with me) going and for keeping my no snack buying streak :D 

lol yay!

 

You're gonna crush the "no snack buying" streak. Too bad RL streaks don't offer shiny chest to open, ya know....like in video games and language apps like Duolingo, haha. What if you just worried about eating natural sugar, like fruit instead of processed sugar-that way you're not fighting the sugar cravings and eating a donut but instead eating an apple with almond butter or my personal fave, sunflower butter :) 

 

You got this, Sif! Rooting for ya all the way!

 

Wolf

  • Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

 

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

 

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I was thinking along the lines of finding a program which would block sites after a certain time spend on them each day. I wonder if something like that exists. I will have to look into it.
My current addiction is wajas.com and NF. So I'm thinking 30-60 min wajas and maybe 1 hour NF? Have to see how fast I can read/respond for NF emoji14.png

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

There are, but I don't know much about them. I've seen them mentioned in articles about procrastination and increasing productivity.

  • Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
6 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

There are, but I don't know much about them. I've seen them mentioned in articles about procrastination and increasing productivity.

I've also seen browser extensions that seem to do this listed in productivity articles, but from what I understand usually you set them to block a website during certain hours (say, from 8am to 5pm) rather than to block after a certain amount of time spent there. But I haven't looked into them much... 

  • Like 3
Link to post

There's a Chrome extension called Stay Focused that seems to do what you're looking for.  I've never used it, so I can't vouch for it, but maybe try it out?

 

Article: https://lifehacker.com/5780575/limit-visits-to-time-wasting-web-sites-and-give-your-willpower-a-break

Extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji

  • Like 3

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post

Ah thanks guys!

@Jlailin that seems to be very promising. I use Chrome so I'll check it out next time I'm on my PC ^^

 

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

October 18th 2017
- Updated spreadsheet
- Super win on breakfast!
- Still not good on exercises
- Actually was partly productive! Did half of laundry.
- BF is home again! Yush!

Food
- NO TRAIN BREAKFAST!
- Breakfast: bread with cheese
- Lunch: bread with cheese & yoghurt with crunchies
- Dinner: Subway (big one with all the meat and cheese) & milkshake

(I'm so consistent with my meal XD sorry I'm like that!)

I don't know how formatting works on mobile ;-;


Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
 
You're gonna crush the "no snack buying" streak. Too bad RL streaks don't offer shiny chest to open, ya know....like in video games and language apps like Duolingo, haha. What if you just worried about eating natural sugar, like fruit instead of processed sugar-that way you're not fighting the sugar cravings and eating a donut but instead eating an apple with almond butter or my personal fave, sunflower butter [emoji4] 
 
You got this, Sif! Rooting for ya all the way!
 
Wolf
Then we should make RL have shiny chests too? Lol
Also I'm not super worried about eating sugar?!
The no snack buying is more because it gets out of hand? Both financially and the amount of food?
I would start with one snack in the afternoon. Then also one in the morning. Up untill I buy 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon?! And that's a little crazy!!!
It's the habit of going in and buying a snack that breaks me. It gets such a habit of I HAVE TO GO INTO THIS SHOP! And then I don't have a clear plan of what I want and there loads of stuff to pick from and I end up buying more because I couldn't decide.
So it's safer to just NOT go into the shop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

Guys I need to show you, I'm sorry!!
This is a design I made for Wajas.com
Theme being Demon. It's not my art! That belongs to wajas.com only the marking/mutation choices and colors are by my hand :3
Finally finished this yesterday. Still working on the funds to make the parents (this would be what the baby looks like). They will be blue and pink.

Skyrock_Demon_Final.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
 

  • Like 3

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Guys I need to show you, I'm sorry!!
This is a design I made for Wajas.com
Theme being Demon. It's not my art! That belongs to wajas.com only the marking/mutation choices and colors are by my hand :3
Finally finished this yesterday. Still working on the funds to make the parents (this would be what the baby looks like). They will be blue and pink.

Skyrock_Demon_Final.jpg

It's so pretty~  :D  I love the colors!

 

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Then we should make RL have shiny chests too? Lol

This would be amazing.

 

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

It's the habit of going in and buying a snack that breaks me. It gets such a habit of I HAVE TO GO INTO THIS SHOP! And then I don't have a clear plan of what I want and there loads of stuff to pick from and I end up buying more because I couldn't decide.
So it's safer to just NOT go into the shop.

...While reading this, I just realized that I do this with shoes.  My mountain of shoes now makes sense.  Whoops.  >_>

 

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

October 18th 2017
- Updated spreadsheet
- Super win on breakfast!
- Still not good on exercises
- Actually was partly productive! Did half of laundry.
- BF is home again! Yush!

 

Yay!  Sounds like it was a good day!  :D

 

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Food
- NO TRAIN BREAKFAST!
- Breakfast: bread with cheese
- Lunch: bread with cheese & yoghurt with crunchies
- Dinner: Subway (big one with all the meat and cheese) & milkshake

(I'm so consistent with my meal XD sorry I'm like that!)

Haha, bread and cheese are wonderful things.  Sometimes simple meals are the best!  ...I haven't had bread in foreveeeeeeer, and I really want to go bake a giant ciabatta loaf now.  >_>

 

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I don't know how formatting works on mobile ;-;

It turned out fine, so whatever you did worked!  :D

  • Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post
10 hours ago, Siferiax said:

(I'm so consistent with my meal XD sorry I'm like that!)

Most of my food is very consistent. How many times have I made quesadillas the past couple of months? XD (The more interesting food is usually what I get at the dining hall, and I've been pretty consistent with getting lunch there.)

  • Like 1

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

Link to post
17 hours ago, Jlailin said:

It's so pretty~  :D  I love the colors!

Thank you!!!

 

17 hours ago, Jlailin said:

This would be amazing.

Time to get to work!

 

17 hours ago, Jlailin said:

...While reading this, I just realized that I do this with shoes.  My mountain of shoes now makes sense.  Whoops.  >_>

LOL! I have 3 pairs of shoes: every day, walking/hiking and road cycling. I have some others, but I generally don't use them.

 

17 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Haha, bread and cheese are wonderful things.  Sometimes simple meals are the best!  ...I haven't had bread in foreveeeeeeer, and I really want to go bake a giant ciabatta loaf now.  >_>

Saw you had bread :) also slice of bread with cheese between is kinda a Dutch standard breakfast and/or lunch thing :P 

 

17 hours ago, Jlailin said:

It turned out fine, so whatever you did worked!  :D

That's because I edited it on a computer :P

 

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Most of my food is very consistent. How many times have I made quesadillas the past couple of months? XD (The more interesting food is usually what I get at the dining hall, and I've been pretty consistent with getting lunch there.)

Ah I suppose. My problem is that there's a very select amount of food I actually like :) 

  • Like 2

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

 

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines