Those look fantastic! Is that watercolor paper cards?

Is that Masking tape or Painters tape? I tend to use the blue painters tape or the green frog one. I've also heard masking fluid is nice but might be more work if you are doing large quantities. 

• Like 1

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Those look fantastic! Is that watercolor paper cards?

Is that Masking tape or Painters tape? I tend to use the blue painters tape or the green frog one. I've also heard masking fluid is nice but might be more work if you are doing large quantities. 
Thank you. [emoji9] It's actually just A5 size aquarell paper folded in half.

I think it's painter's tape... I got it from the drugstore home improvement shelf, not the art supply store, that's a good point though, we have a good art supply store in town - more than one actually - I'll have a look, might even be worth it to ask the salesperson.
I love the dragon and the cards! You've got so many creative things going on, it's fantastic!
Thank you, maegs! [emoji9]

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

• Like 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

17 hours ago, Morag said:

just A5 size aquarell paper folded in half.

The first time I read this I thought it said "a size 5 squirrel folded in half.". And then I thought, how big is a size 5 squirrel, and what do you use to pound them flat enough to fold them in half?  And once you've done all that, what do you do with a flattened folded size 5 squirrel?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

The first time I read this I thought it said "a size 5 squirrel folded in half.". And then I thought, how big is a size 5 squirrel, and what do you use to pound them flat enough to fold them in half?  And once you've done all that, what do you do with a flattened folded size 5 squirrel?
That's hilarious. Might be because it's 2am, but it really cracked me up.

Thanks [emoji23]

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

The art projects are all stunning! I agree with the painters tape or asking the art store expert. But from what I remember, the tape depends on the quality of paper if it's going to work or not.

Are you going to go back and add more night sky to the dragon? And have you started to read your fitness manuals? (I don't think I saw it mentioned yet.)

• Like 1

The art projects are all stunning! I agree with the painters tape or asking the art store expert. But from what I remember, the tape depends on the quality of paper if it's going to work or not.

Are you going to go back and add more night sky to the dragon? And have you started to read your fitness manuals? (I don't think I saw it mentioned yet.)

Thank you. And yes, the art store is on my list of places to visit. It's not directly related to quality of paper, or at least not only to that. I imagine the cold pressed paper, which is very rough and structured concerning surface, I imagine those have a harder time not being ripped to pieces, compared to hot pressed paper, which is rather smooth... neither in itself is a trademark of good or cheap paper. But I imagine it is a thing, sadly.

I am adding sky now, I'll muster up the courage to cut into the lantern in a moment. And no, I have not been doing any work for... work... So yeah, that needs doing. But autumn break is over, the kids are in school again on monday: I will get things done again real soon. Promise.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I love the lantern!

Regarding motivation to finish projects, I'm glad @maegs has already stopped by. I'm so impressed with all the beautiful projects she finishes. @Fonzico does some pretty impressive crafting too.

I was thinking about your cards, might you just leave them blank inside? People might like that even better, and then you can be done even more quickly!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I love the lantern!

Regarding motivation to finish projects, I'm glad [mention=465]maegs[/mention] has already stopped by. I'm so impressed with all the beautiful projects she finishes. [mention=12658]Fonzico[/mention] does some pretty impressive crafting too.

I was thinking about your cards, might you just leave them blank inside? People might like that even better, and then you can be done even more quickly!
Thank you, Xena. Yes, hubby also told me to not do writing on the inside... it could be a snowy easter card or any kind of winter, if I don't write on the inside, and so they are still blank and will probably stay so.

I have redone the silver pen, which had lost some of its glint after going after the pencil lines with the eraser, and subsequently being painted over with watercolor, so they are all touched up and shiny again. And I reworked my steps so the metallic pen comes after the eraser and at least the most background of the watercolor washes... second half-dozen is on the board, drawn snowflakes erased and watercoloured and in the process of waiting to be redrawn with metallic gold this time.

Finished the lantern a full 24h before deadline.
Final pictures:

3d2c8939f16aa93ace9bb1aee69f80c1.jpg
392e99e7b05f45a951b2d267a8b05c0b.jpg
c511063c0d7ae40635fec04833689af0.jpg
98f0077f0cb0972186c29a8e02746a44.jpg
24697deec20488160190c9f0acd36b91.jpg
271df62a4e33f2b3eccba4afd2314ece.jpg

Posting now. Will edit or add on this later.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

I am hanging in there, life is crazy busy. My MIL just woke up the hubby at half past 8 during his late shift week because she wanted to talk to me. Tell me happy birthday and change all our plans for their visit.

Imagine how that went... now take into account how they never take proper care with hubby and how grumpy he is on a good day... yeahhhh.

Today I bake and cook for 8, instead of eating cake with just my mum and I and being cuddly and lazy.

(Just fyi, because it doesn't come across at all: I really truly love my in-laws (mother, father and sister in-law) they are wonderful, caring, slightly exhausting, heartfelt people, I wouldn't miss them for the world.)

So I am prepping all the things today instead of tomorrow and I still get the kids to grandma's tomorrow after school. Win-Win.

I am so happy I over-prepared and have everything here and can start without additional shopping.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

On 10/31/2017 at 1:12 PM, Morag said:

Finished the lantern

I love it!  Well done!

• Like 1

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

KBO. - Churchill

Yay for being prepared! Hope things calm down for you soon and you get to catch your breath! 

23 hours ago, Morag said:

Tell me happy birthday and change all our plans for their visit.

Wait, did I miss it? I'm so sorry - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

Yay for being prepared! Hope things calm down for you soon and you get to catch your breath! 
Wait, did I miss it? I'm so sorry - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [emoji4] 
Thank you, dear. Yes, I hope so too, I hope so too. I could most definitely use a deceleration goal... me thinks I should tweak that into my current challenge.

8f50d1efa07cd5fe8f0db4613a383149.jpg

I'm level 34 now, since yesterday, actually, yay.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Totally missed your birthday when I was reading through your thread last night! Happy (late) birthday! [emoji4] 
Thank you, maegs.

Today was another doofus day concerning food. But I had my bestie here and we watch magical creatures and where to find them (or whatever the original title was) and it was sooo good. I didn't know it and watching it with this dear, dear friend, who also gave me this gorgeous thing for my birthday, how amazing is that please?!?!

51CRq9IUg9L._SY400_.jpg

So I played around with my pens and pencils and fineliners, and metallic pens and filled it almost 3/4. I have a lot of pens, more than I realised...

If you search Amazon for a "btsky federmappe", that's what she got for me. She has the very same and saw how my eyes lit up when she showed me hers a while back.

So I ate the leftover cake with her. Then we ordered in pizza, this was a long-planned treat that I actually think I thought up 3 months ago, or so. So it wasn't a spur of the moment accidental crappy food day, it was a planned ahead treat. Yeah, I don't know why I keep rationalizing it either, maybe because I over-ate, and feel guilty about not stopping before my tummy hurt. I should have enjoyed it and then stopped. Prosciutto, arugula and parmesan. Best pizza in town.

Anyway I feel like a lazy Sunday with hubby and sleeping in with no kids and I get both and board games with a dear, dear mate (@Casbin) too, so it's the perfect finish to a really great birthday week.

Now sleep.

Thank you'all for being the amazing, supportive people that you are.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

That pencil case looks amazing!

The pizza sounds good too. 

All in all, sounds like a great day!

Goodnight!

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

Planned variances are all good. It's the spur-of-the-moment ones that do the damage, I think ;)

I love the organisation of that pencil case, and I don't even draw!

• Like 2

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

I love your design for your Christmas cards. Pizza is a good variance. Have a nice lazy Sunday.

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Quick midday update:

I have already walked 8500+ steps which apparently corresponds with 6+km. And it's just barely 11am.

I'm gonna go and pick up the kid and then we will hit the art shop, which is apparently a 24min (2km) walk from kids' school, I bet we will need longer... anyway.

I have watched riddick3 with my dear friend last night and finished this week's tracking table while we did that.

I have triggered at least two people to smile already, and I am pretty much on target, calory-wise.

I need a November Cover, before the challenge is out and one more pretty while I'm at it.

But I'll get around to that. Eventually.

Now I gotta run and buy art supplies and groceries and have a good day with my kids. I actually have loads of awesome stuff planned for today. Highlight: Fantastic Creatures and where to find them.

In addition i have the mini-challenge pencilled-in for this week too.

So far so good. Lot's to do. Gotta run. Do carry on.da15ae29363ce79148789199fd62ad98.jpg

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

So. Wednesday. Gotta update again.

Monday finished out at 16920 steps (=12.34km), which is far beyond what I normally do nowadays. I got loads done. Babyboy and I got the playground, it was nice to have the time to give into his request, he played for 30 minutes, I got some sketching in, trees are hard!!
Then we hit the artist shop, I got my account set up there, it's not actually a big thing, but it's... part of me hinges how much of an artist I am off of them recognising me as a valid customer, which of course is bollocks since they just want to sell art supplies, they don't care how much of an artist I am or am not. But it was something that I wanted to get done, and I did.

Anyway. Babyboy and I bought some things (pens for me mostly, but he also got a sketching booklet kinda thing and we glued in a pen loop for him and it's too much, I know, but he likes drawing and I like watching him draw, even if it is stickmen fighting with swords and bows against zombies and creepers and the like... he's 6, I let him roam.

Afterwards we tried out the café across the hall: student eco expensive and not childfriendly. I had a delicious salad with antipasti, the kid ate most of my feta cheese, because his hot cocoa was weird (milkfoam :facepalm:) and the cake was not to his liking... next time I'll stick with what he knows. It's very annoying how picky, my picky eaters are, sometimes. I mean there was heaps of interesting mostly-veggie food offered, but I know he wouldn't have even tried most, if not all, of it. I barely ate 1/3 of his cake, because I just didn't feel like eating it, yay improvement.
A while ago I would have finished it just because it was paid for and food.

Groceries were bought on the way home and the Bigboy was picked up too, we walked home together and life was good. After dinner (spaghetti & pesto rosso for most of us, and spaghetti and a dash of butter for the most picky eater of all) we made popcorn and watched the aforementioned Harry Potter movie and it was good and people were in their beds semi-on time.

Tuesday was not as awesome. I amstrugflig with salt cravings and not drinking enough water and my calves were not happy with me and I got sh*t done. 2 small things for work that took almost two hours and 11 small and larger things for the habitat, which is our apartment. I was doing things then taking a break over and over and I got schtuff done. Hubby came home with a tummy ache and a need for a warm water bottle, I headed out to pick up the kid and drag him to the hair salon. He kicked me when I showed up to collect him, because he had just gone inside to play a board game and why did I have to show up now. Eventually we got ourselves sorted out, walked home-wards and he got his hair cut. He was a really good boy at the salon and he got lavish praise for that. By the time we got home I was going straight for the PC, my haven of sanity. And the kid was disappointed to find my "play with him" batteries pretty much hitting nill.

I got him to his sport thingy an hour early by accident, so he played with the 4-6yos and hubby picked him after 1h, and I was dreading fitness class.
Casbin on vacation, me drained emotionally/mentally, i just didn't wanna go.
I called trainer, made up a headache I didn't have as a reason to not go, and stayed home. Cuddled up in bed with hubby and finished season 2 of Stranger Things.

I shouldn't have lied. And since I have the "never twice in a row I should have gone to class, that way I could skip out on Thursday, which I like a heaping hell less than Tuesday's class... now I'm stuck: skip training twice in a row (really?) or go to Thursday class (meh).

But that's a trouble for another day. Today is Wednesday, I have a meeting at 8pm, which I hope will be concluded by 930, with possible IT schtuff afterwards (I am tired only thinking of it).

Now I drink tea, read for a bit and postpone grocery shopping until tomorrow, when I have a car...

And maybe I'll even get some bujo-ing in... and/or start on the mini. I haven't forgotten about that!

So far so good. Kinda.
Why is it, that sometimes, even if you take care of yourself perfectly (and how likely is that?) you still feel shitty sometimes?

Anyway. Tea. Light lamp. Horimiya 04+05 and Ralph Azham 1 AND Ann Aquirre's Wanderlust waiting for me. Gotta go.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Full days, busy life.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

KBO. - Churchill

Monday sounds so lovely.Woot for 16,00 steps. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished on Tuesday too.

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien