• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
prefect42

Team 4 Challenge: The Shadow Government

Just got back from my weekend of sloth and gluttony.

Same!

Week 2:

1. Work out 5 days a week. It's possible, but a stretch. Worked out only 2 days last week, due to Friday-Monday vacation.

2. Get back to where I used to be running: about 35 minutes for 3.1 miles; about 7:15 minutes for a mile. (Although, I honestly don't know if these were my numbers or if I'm optimistically misremembering.) Like I said last week, I'm already here for the 5k - new record, 34:15. Going to try to get the 1 mile in today, but I'm already so tired.

3. Strength training 2-3 days a week. BBWW, Wii workout, or NYC ballet. NYC Ballet was one day of the 2.

4. ABS. During NYC.

5. Complete law school apps by 11/1 (the day my LSAT score is supposed to come out). FAIL. Haven't worked on these at all. Opened up my profile in LSAC a couple of times, but got so scared I closed back out. Gotta be this week.

Not going to give myself very high score for this one, especially (but not only) because of the weekend trip.

ormaybemidgets - Don't let it get you down, what's done is done! You can only effect the future. :)

----

Hi everyone, was away for the weekend and have been working since so just checking in.

Challenges are still going well, managed to reach three and a half minutes in the plank and yesterday did 160 push ups as part of the 100 push ups challenge. I'm beginning to feel I'd been putting too much undue focus on just these exercises, so I've begun to incorporate other things into my morning workouts.

I'm still attending fitness classes too. I pushed myself into moving up to the advanced class last week (pretty much unthinkable when I joined the beginners three months ago). It's given me a new kick on to improve. Both classes I've been to since have been hard work, but massively good fun.

Yay! Everyone is doing so well! I am so jealous of all the pushups! I love this team!

Seriously, every time I read your challenge updates or get an email that you guys have commented on mine, it makes me so happy. Almost to the third week - we can do it!

alr

Alright Team. Sorry to be MIA the last several days.

FIVE DAYS LEFT!

Now would be a good time to take a good, hard look at your Challenge goals. Don't be afraid to push yourself hard (safely!) this week to get there. I know we can do it.

I just did! I am already missing the shadow government and the challenge hasn't even ended yet! Can we be a team again in november????

alr

Well, everyone, we made it! Today marks the official end of the Challenge. How did it go? Feel free to post a recap on your individual thread, but I think it'd be great to also have a summary on the team page, sort of the book-end to your intro post when we were all getting started.

I just did! I am already missing the shadow government and the challenge hasn't even ended yet! Can we be a team again in november????

Well, I will just say this. If we can't be on the same team, rest assured that I will still be cheering all of you on in your future individual threads. I really think the team aspect of this challenge has been awesome. There have been several days this last month where the only thing pushing me forward was the thought that I would be letting you all down otherwise, that I needed to come back on and post something great and show that I was really going for it. So thank you again.

My apologies for being a little absent this last week or so with all that's been going on here, but I was really happy to pop on and see that you guys have been keeping each other going. That's an awesome team, and I'm glad to have been able to be a part of it.

I did ten rows! I got calmer with my kids! (I did not manage to declutter much, stop being a night-owl, or run as far as I wanted, but hey! 10 rows! Go me!)

I sort of recapped earlier and have loved having you guys as teammates and plan to keep stalking you around the boards cheering you on in the future.

xo

alr

I did ten rows! I got calmer with my kids! (I did not manage to declutter much, stop being a night-owl, or run as far as I wanted, but hey! 10 rows! Go me!)

I sort of recapped earlier and have loved having you guys as teammates and plan to keep stalking you around the boards cheering you on in the future.

Yeah, my big recap is in the new thread that Dantes started. I wasn't sure how we were going to do summaries when I posted earlier, but I guess we'll all pile back into one big main thread again, like we did for the intros.

alr, I haven't commented too much on your kid-related goal, but I wanted to say that I'm so happy to hear that things have been going pretty well with that. I know we're 75% focused on fitness here, but in a lot of ways, that seems to me to be your single most important goal, and it's one where the dividends will pay off for years. So congrats on that and keep it up!

Everyone: I just wanted to say that it's been a pleasure getting to know you guys and following your progress this month. And of course, I've loved having you guys checking in on me and keeping me honest, too. I hope I'll see you all for the next Challenge--rest assured that I'll be checking in on your threads no matter what!

Sign in to follow this