• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

Brunch + baking cookies???!? I need to apply some lessons from the raptron school of weekend planning (which would be a lot easier if my partner and I didn't need to pack a week's worth of dance practice into a weekend....ok, maybe I can't have kickass weekend plans very often!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate that you are falling in your challenge and I am trying to mitigate the effects of me throwing myself against the ground. IF ONLY I COULD MASTER THE MISSING-THE-GROUND PART.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you drinking at those parties? I'm always amazed by people who can drink and then workout like it's nothing! 

 

I think we might be doing some of the same PT exercises.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 2:46 PM, raptron said:

Sunday Funday

 

SUNDAY FUNDAY better than a Monday! Can only do it one way and that is the Drunk Way! 

 

Oh... oh, you meant gym-ing on a Sunday. Yeah - I guess that works too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 10:58 PM, KB Girl said:

Are you drinking at those parties? I'm always amazed by people who can drink and then workout like it's nothing! 

It's for sure Raptron's super power.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jonesy said:

Why do you think you are being cautious? 

Mmmm, bench has always been my worst lift and for these kinds of sets, I am trying to work out with a spotter and in a new gym. I think am just being a bit overcautious because I don't want to be failing or needing assistance on reps while trying to "prove myself" in the new gym environment. It is VERY silly and counterproductive, but at least I know what is going on.

 

On 10/20/2017 at 1:32 PM, MikeWazowski said:

Brunch + baking cookies???!? I need to apply some lessons from the raptron school of weekend planning (which would be a lot easier if my partner and I didn't need to pack a week's worth of dance practice into a weekend....ok, maybe I can't have kickass weekend plans very often!)

I highly recommend more brunching and baking in ALL weekends.

 

On 10/20/2017 at 2:51 PM, karinajean said:

I appreciate that you are falling in your challenge and I am trying to mitigate the effects of me throwing myself against the ground. IF ONLY I COULD MASTER THE MISSING-THE-GROUND PART.

If you miss the ground then congrats on accidentally FLYING.

giphy.gif

 

On 10/20/2017 at 3:58 PM, KB Girl said:

Are you drinking at those parties? I'm always amazed by people who can drink and then workout like it's nothing! 

 

I think we might be doing some of the same PT exercises.

Yes... yes, I am. Though, I did practice some of the M word this weekend -- moderation?!? I think it is called. I definitely did not work out like it was nothing though. :P

 

And probably! Dang glutes and hips.

 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:58 PM, Asa Pond said:

SUNDAY FUNDAY better than a Monday! Can only do it one way and that is the Drunk Way! 

 

Oh... oh, you meant gym-ing on a Sunday. Yeah - I guess that works too.

I mean, it could be both... just a pesky order of operations thing. :P

On 10/22/2017 at 3:01 AM, Teancum said:

Our new fearless leader with some top notch inspiration! Following

WELCOME! 

 

On 10/20/2017 at 5:01 PM, Asa Pond said:

ALSO: Can I hear more about this Rose and Slay because I need to steal it. Mmmk thx.

SOOO, like I am going to be a vampire slayer a la Buffy but red head and with a rose jacket instead of black and possibly like a wine label on my shirt or something? Or only drinking rosé? Or something like that! 

On 10/20/2017 at 10:56 AM, Jonesy said:

OOooOOh what are your costumes for this weekend? 

This weekend I was a trash fire:

45febc224a33c50dc818a9fb4dd7b348.png

and Demeter, goddess of the harvest:

2d247acd978738613904001b1edd243a.png

 

These were my $4 and $7 dollar costumes, respectively, hahah. Trash bags and tablecloths make cheap dresses.

 

Day 0.5

Deadlifts!

10 x 45# 

5 x 135#

5 x 165#

3 x 195#

4 x 6 x 215#

3 x 5 x 195# (sumo pulls continue!) 

 

Glute ham raises: 4 x 12

Hypers: 3 x 20 x 25#

Plank plate drags: 2 x 50' x 10# plate (these are terrible)

Lat raises: 3 x 10 x 10#

 

Friday - deadlift day,√ shower and change at friend's house, √ Halloween party #1√

 

Day 0.6

Gymnastics practice was a bust because I realized I have ATHLETE'S FOOT! Waaah. I mean, given that I do so much barefoot in gym settings, I am not super surprised BUT I think it is from the new gym, which is more damp than others. Andddd possibly more importantly, I had a blister between my toes from breaking in a pair of boots with a narrow toe box and maybe was wearing the same bit of athletic tape one toe for like an entire week while also being kind of barefoot in this mold gym soooooo I definitely did this to myself...

 

However, given that I was hungover AND didn't want to spread my foot fungus all over the place, I mostly just stretched and did a teensy bit of tumbling with socks on. Easy like Saturday morning. I walked home the 3.5ish miles from practice to enjoy our really nice weather. 

 

Saturday - gymnastics practice,√  shower and change and put together second costume, √ Halloween party #2 √ -> fall harvest dinner party thing turned out a friend of mine was in town so I met up with him and some others at a friend's place to just hang out, drink wine, and watch them die repeatedly at Cuphead √

 

Day 0.7

My baking buddy was too hungover to meet up for brunch, so I did some workout stuff on my own at home that was pretty much just push-ups and pull-ups and got brunch with Hubstron and convinced him that we should walk home, which was also lovely. 

 

Sunday - accessories day + maybe CHOREO!? if the mirrored room is empty, brunch √ + baking cookies with a friend

 

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your costumes are ON POINT! i need to incorporate more $4 dresses in my life. i'm planning on wearing the same TMNT tshirt and leggings to both my 5K and the house party later that night...

20 hours ago, raptron said:

 

giphy.gif

+500 for LBT

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WEEK ONE, WOO! 

giphy.webp

 

My arm implant replacement went well but means no upper body lifting for at least 48 hours. Instead of working out, I got drinks and dinner with some friends for one of our friend's birthdays yesterday, which was lovely. I'm on the fence about what I want to do tonight -- do I do my squat workout? choreo? just go home and clean my kitchen and bake cookies...? So we shall see what happens!

 

Sunday Funday: 0/4 workouts

Don't Forget to Assassin:  vault 0/2, bars 0/4, bhs on beam 0/2, choreo 0/2

Eat More Good:  0/28 at home, 1/8 meals out 

New Beginnings: 0/8

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptron said:

do I do my squat workout? choreo? just go home and clean my kitchen and bake cookies...?

 

Both? :D 

Image result for squat and baking

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

That’d be a loooooot of cookies to add up to  Raptron’s regular volume. :D 

 

Nothing wrong with that! Haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 6:55 PM, raptron said:

Yes... yes, I am. Though, I did practice some of the M word this weekend -- moderation?!? I think it is called. I definitely did not work out like it was nothing though. :P

Oh good to know you're human after all ;)

 

Those costumes are awesome, really nice! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanksss! I just love costumes. :D 

 

Day 1.2

giphy.gif

 

 

I was leaning toward doing a squat workout, but when I removed my pressure bandage from my arm, it turned out I was reacting poorly to the steri-strips they used to close the incision site and had grown huge blisters around it. Unfortunately, that meant I got to peel the strips off (and some skin with it, grosss). Given that my arm-hole (which is not big, but still is a hole!) was no longer being held together by anything, I figured taking the "don't lift heavy for 48 hours" advice more seriously than I had planned to. 

 

Instead, I went to the grocery store to pick up some things. And then went home, cleaned up the kitchen and tidied the living room while listening to my music on repeat and starting to mentally block out where I want the different elements of my routine (before even getting into the actual choreo). I also made cookie dough, but decided to rest it overnight in the fridge largely because I was tired and wanted to go to bed early -- I maybe neglected to mention that my Monday night went until 2 AM... 

 

Sunday Funday: 0/4 workouts

Don't Forget to Assassin:  vault 0/2, bars 0/4, bhs on beam 0/2, choreo 0/2

Eat More Good:  1/28 at home, 1/8 meals out 

New Beginnings: 0/8

 

Ok, so this week is a bit funny due to the two days off at the front. Butttt here's the plan:

 

Wednesday: squat workout, bake cookies #1 (and freeze)

Thursday: bench workout, 

Friday: deadlift workout, bake cookies #2 + #3 while watching Stranger Things s2

Saturday: gymnastics practice (bhs on high beam! bars!), Halloween party #3

Sunday: drop off cookies for charity, brunch date, maybe stop by the actual cookie clash charity thing later in the day, ideally get to the workout room at work for choreoooo!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, raptron said:

Friday: deadlift workout, bake cookies #2 + #3 while watching Stranger Things s2

netflix season 1 stranger things credits intro GIF

Can't you just hear that intro music now?!?!(Im very excited for season2)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, raptron said:

Given that my arm-hole (which is not big, but still is a hole!) was no longer being held together by anything, I figured taking the "don't lift heavy for 48 hours" advice more seriously than I had planned to. 

well played

 

solid plans for the rest of the week! i don't know when I'm going to be able to start ST s2! eeeeps

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ArgSki77 said:

netflix season 1 stranger things credits intro GIF

Can't you just hear that intro music now?!?!(Im very excited for season2)

I really wanted to do a sleepover but didn't get my shit together enough to actually plan anything! 

 

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

well played

 

solid plans for the rest of the week! i don't know when I'm going to be able to start ST s2! eeeeps

The Busy Life Curse. XD 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 9:17 AM, raptron said:

 

My arm implant replacement went well but means no upper body lifting for at least 48 hours. Instead of working out, I got drinks and dinner with some friends for one of our friend's birthdays yesterday, which was lovely. I'm on the fence about what I want to do tonight -- do I do my squat workout? choreo? just go home and clean my kitchen and bake cookies...? So we shall see what happens!

Did you hear my story with my doctor when I got mine replaced? 

They think it's so EASY to just avoid heavy lifting for 2 days :P

 

Powerlifting competition followed by a gymnastics competition! Ambitious :D but I expect nothing less from you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:
1 hour ago, raptron said:

Friday: deadlift workout, bake cookies #2 + #3 while watching Stranger Things s2

netflix season 1 stranger things credits intro GIF

Can't you just hear that intro music now?!?!(Im very excited for season2)

 

Cookies AND Stranger Things Season 2!  Are you making eggo sugar cookies???

 

Every time I open Netflix I get a count down. Torture! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now