JustCallMeAmber visits Halloween Town

JustCallMeAmber

giphy.gif

Jack makes a fresh start. Not going to lie; last challenge was more “Jack’s Lament” than “What’s This?” I should very much like to rectify this and rekindle my enthusiasm for the lift life and so on. I miss just being joyful about silly things. This goal is not really a SMART goal because I am leaving it loosely-defined. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine.

giphy.gif

Sally makes lunch. Hold the deadly nightshade and frog’s breath, please!  Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge.

giphy.gif

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Oversleeping has been a thing as of late. I would like to wake up the way my dog does; OMG, YAY! YOU’RE AWAKE! LET’S DO THIS THING! Is that likely to happen at 5:45? No. But at least I’ll get my butt out to the garage and get some work done.

200w_d.gif

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. I, however, would prefer to talk to my fellow nerds. Post SOMETHING every day. (Usual apologies about zombie brain, weirder than usual, etc..)

dr-finkelstein-2-o.gif

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning is still a thing I am in dire need of but don’t particularly enjoy. So, I know myself well enough if I don’t mention it here, it ain’t getting’ done.

giphy.gif

Also, less of this..

200w_d.gif

And, finish NBC puzzle.

Night3D-11.jpg

Rolling goals

Devo

Walking. 20 minute minimum. Bonus level: 8,000 steps.  (Score / reward TBD)

#Yoga365. (Almost there y'all!)  Bonus level: 2 sessions/day. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split

practice!

• Like 6

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

first! also great job incorporating a perfect theme!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Hi!

12 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Oversleeping has been a thing as of late. I would like to wake up the way my dog does; OMG, YAY! YOU’RE AWAKE! LET’S DO THIS THING! Is that likely to happen at 5:45? No. But at least I’ll get my butt out to the garage and get some work done.

Can't we just channel a cat's enthusiasm for waking up, instead?

dog-slaps-cat-tail1.gif

• Haha 3

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3

Supple Lioness Mobility

20 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

first! also great job incorporating a perfect theme!

Hi! *waves merrily* Thanks! It took me a lot longer than I figured it would to get it put together. But, I do love me some NBC, so I feel like it was worth it. :)

19 hours ago, Laghail said:

What a fun theme! Sometimes smART goals are more important to enjoy life. What kind of conditioning has been least hateful?

Thanks! ATM, my 'conditioning' day is a circuit of burpees/sprints/weighted carries/more sprints and jump rope practice (when I remember to bring the dern thing.) I'd like to add more to it. I think the part that I hate (besides burpees) is more the fact that I feel incredibly out of shape considering I'm going on 4 years (I think?) of some type of exercise 5+ days per week. The part I like is just being outside (I will enjoy this even more when it isn't 900 degrees), and not just the usual "run/walk/jog for 30 minutes".

19 hours ago, Grumble said:

Image result for what the fuck is this jack skellington

Ah yes, I see you've stumbled upon the native Floridian's instinctual reaction to ice crystals that precipitate from the atmosphere.

(Well, what isn't hail, anyways...)

9 hours ago, Alanna said:

Hi!

Can't we just channel a cat's enthusiasm for waking up, instead?

dog-slaps-cat-tail1.gif

Hey! :)

And, yes.. yes, we can. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

No frog's breath in your recipes? Where is your sense of adventure? 

23 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Well, nothing's more suspicious than frog's breath.. ;)

Image result for dr finkelstein gif

• Like 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

•  

Jack makes a fresh start. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine. This week was a sort of a trick or treat event for dogs at a mostly pet-friendly mall. Apparently not well advertised though, only saw 2 dogs in costume; one wizard, and one sailor. Adorable, but I was hoping for more.

Sally makes lunch Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. This week's entry is a Curried Pumpkin soup, which is quite tasty.

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Up at 5:45/ weekdays. 4/5. The only one I was late on was Wed. Still got in 30min yoga and 20min foam rolling, so I'm ok with that.

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. Post SOMETHING every day. Did fine til the weekend. I think I used up all of my words..

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning. Burpees post-workout: 2/4. Circuit circus: This actually I was quite pleased with. Managed to beat my previous weeks' times on all rounds and still had time for another short jog. Time to make it tougher! (yay! <_<:lol:)

200w_d.gif

Also, less of this ^^^. Yeah, we're mostly good here.

Finish NBC puzzle. Did manage to work on a bit, but progress is minimal. I finished all the parts that had writing or any traces of color a few weeks ago, so now it's just the black part which is at least half the puzzle.

Rolling goals

Devo 6/7. At least I'm consistent :P

Walking. 6/7. Bonus 5.  (Score / reward TBD)

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus 5. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split practice! Check!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

nice job! it kind of looks like you are taking on a lot and really making progress on everything!

• Thanks 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

13 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Thanks! Some of it is rolled over from previous challenge, because I apparently need more than one attempt to make a habit stick lol. I will confess I am 0/2 so far this week for burpees though. Need to be a bit more diligent about that.

i DEFINITELY need more than one challenge to make a new habit stick. also, if it's not lifting, then i need the accountability on here to check off the other stuff that i haaaave to do

adult.gif

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

Image result for nightmare before christmas kids

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i DEFINITELY need more than one challenge to make a new habit stick. also, if it's not lifting, then i need the accountability on here to check off the other stuff that i haaaave to do

Glad it's not just me :)

Yes, the accountability is a big thing. Some days you would rather just

giphy.gif

but then you have to admit it here and it's awkward.

1 hour ago, Br0din said:

Image result for nightmare before christmas kids

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Week 1 summary:

Jack makes a fresh start. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine. Pumpkin festival! This was pretty fun, but there was little in the way of actual pumpkins, which seemed weird. I was thinking there would be some sort of pumpkin carving going on. Oh well.

Sally makes lunch Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. Not this week.

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Up at 5:45/ weekdays. 4/5. See below.

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. Post SOMETHING every day. Did fine til the weekend. I think I used up all of my words..again.. I'm sensing a pattern.

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning. Burpees post-workout: 2/4. Circuit circus: Nope! It was raining and I was concerned about footing, etc. Went for a slow-paced run.

200w_d.gif

Also, less of this ^^^. All things considered, we're good.

Finish NBC puzzle. Don't think I managed to get any work done this week?

Rolling goals

Devo 5/7. Boo.

Walking. 4/7. Bonus 4.  (Score / reward TBD)

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus 3. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split practice! Check!

Ok, so week 1 was something of a rollercoaster. (The gif in the previous post wound up being very appropriate.) Sharks kicked my, well, mostly lower back actually. Did not lift Tuesday (!), as I kept getting stabbed randomly in the lower left side of my back even just sitting. This was also why I missed burpees Mon and Tues, and why I overslept Tues.

Thursday I got a text from my bank, asking if I had actually charged $1500+ at Sam's Club. After I regained consciousness, I called and informed them I had NOT, TYVM, and found out they had already cleared TWO other transactions that wiped out my checking account. Bebother and confusticate these criminal types! Now I get to wait for the bank to put the money back. :angry:

Friday, was a much better day (as Fridays tend to be). For one thing, I learned that not all Craisglist sellers are psychopath killer types (some of them are very nice Navy reserve/personal trainer types :D). 2nd, and much more importantly, I got 345lb of plates, a barbell, 2 dumbbell handles, a dumbbell stand, plus a bunch of collars and he threw in the bench for a very fair price of $220. My cobbled together gym is finally feeling like the real thing. Only thing is 1) the collars are the spring clip kind, which suck, and the nice collars I bought don't fit, and 2) I really think the bar is lighter than 45lb. I weighed it on the old postal scale of questionable accuracy, but I still doubt. The squat PR this AM felt a little too easy, though there were other factors at play. (Just came off a deload, ate hearty yesterday, actually wasn't tired for once, etc, etc.) I will reserve judgement for now... And I just remembered, I HAVE a good barbell that I bought from Fringe months ago that's still in the package lol.

giphy.gif

This actually is how I felt flexing for the costume selfies this morning :lol:

• Like 3

ughhhh i hope the money situation resolves quickly! and seriously awesome selfies. did you weigh yourself and then yourself holding the bar? even if the scale is questionably accurate it's going to be questionably accurate both times and the math should still be good :)

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

And I just remembered, I HAVE a good barbell that I bought from Fringe months ago that's still in the package lol.

lolololol

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

33 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ughhhh i hope the money situation resolves quickly!

Me too! lol. They said it should be back in my account within 3-5 (I assume "business") days. Fortunately they caught it before it started drawing from my savings too. I just want to know how they got the card number in the 1st place, since I had my card the whole time. :confused:

35 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

and seriously awesome selfies

Thanks! :) I got sort of, I guess nervous?, about posting them. I probably stared at my phone a good ten minutes before I hit post. Which was weird, because it was all in good fun. I didn't even know my phone had a "cartoon" filter prior to today, which I thought was both random and cool. But I really wanted people to start posting, so... 20 seconds of courage it is!

39 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

did you weigh yourself and then yourself holding the bar? even if the scale is questionably accurate it's going to be questionably accurate both times and the math should still be good :)

I thought about that, but the scale that was handy was a postal scale which only goes up to 70lbs. I may go ahead and weigh it with my bathroom scale, just to make sure I don't throw myself off later looking back at the logs. I'll be out there unpacking my fancy fringe bar anyways :D

• Like 2

Week 2 summary:

Jack makes a fresh start. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine. Thor: Ragnarok. Can I just say squeeeee!!! (Like, seriously, y'all need to make plans to see this immediately if you haven't already.) I love fun movies and this one definitely fit the bill.

Sally makes lunch Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. Sorta? Let's just say this week's lunch was "inspired" by a recipe.

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Up at 5:45/ weekdays. 3/5. Because my body tends to want to celebrate the end of DST by waking at weird hours.

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. Post SOMETHING every day. Yeah, no. I'm not even sure I was HERE everyday, let alone posting.

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning. Burpees post-workout: 1/4 lol. I just let that go by the wayside. Circuit circus: done! Added suitcase carries, shortened break between sets from 60 to 45 secs. Need heavier weights on both the sandbag and suitcase carries.

200w_d.gif

Also, less of this ^^^. Check!

Finish NBC puzzle. Fail.

Rolling goals

Devo 5/7. Boo. Again.

Walking. 5/7. Bonus 3.  (Score / reward TBD) I was disappointed with myself for not taking 10 minutes to get the bonus on Saturday.

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus 4. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split practice! Check!

Week 2 was fun! I honestly did not realize how much of a difference having a proper bar would make in the overall feel of lifting. I started Monday thinking I should try and be conservative. That lasted about 1 warmup set for squats lol. I need to double check my #'s but I believe the final tally was 15lb PR/3RM (rep and weight) for squats, I THINK 25lb PR/1RM for deadlifts (it might've been 15, I can't remember for sure and worksheets are at home), and 15lb PR/3RM OHP. Press I decided to postpone, on account of the fact that I still had some stuff to move around to get the bar path clear. If all goes as planned, that will be happening in the morning. Also, Halloween, impromptu game night, and movie <3, so good times! :)

giphy.gif

P.S. I really hope this morning was the last of the 4am wakies. 5:45 is bad enough without half-sleeping my way there. :sleeping:

• Like 2

I feel like I should be somewhat used to the time change/sleep cycle mish; it has happened to me every year since I can remember. Somehow gaining an hour is harder than losing one. This morning I made it to 5, so we're making progress :D

Thanks!! I added another to the tally this morning with 15lb press PR.  ^_^

• Like 1