JustCallMeAmber visits Halloween Town

JustCallMeAmber

Week 3 summary:

Jack makes a fresh start. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine. Nada, unless we count getting a haircut. Which while it had been over a year, was not in a salon setting, so yeah, probably not.

Sally makes lunch Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. Not this week. Lazy cook Amber is lazy.

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Up at 5:45/ weekdays. I guess this was a pass? I was actually up at 5:30 because DST sucks.

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. Post SOMETHING every day.  :ghost: Because DST sucks. See below.

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning. Burpees post-workout: dropped back and punted. Circuit circus: done, but only 3 rounds. Added heavier suitcase carries, and did the sandbag carries fireman style.

200w_d.gif

Also, less of this ^^^.  Fail. Because DST sucks. See below.

Finish NBC puzzle. Fail. Because DST sucks. See below.

Rolling goals

Devo 5/7. Boo. Again.

Walking. 7/7. Bonus 7!  (Score / reward TBD)

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus 5. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split practice! Check!

Week 3 was weird. I've mostly transitioned from 4am to 5am waking, and generally go "ah, screw it!" and get going at 5:30. On the upside, more gym time! On the downside, my mood and energy level have been all over the place. Focus at work was a no-go; I was jittery and felt like I couldn't sit still. Mostly the whole week reminded me of the incident where I found out I really should not take Sudafed. 

giphy.gif

Anyways, I'm feeling better today so hopefully this whole mess is over with. Finish this out on a strong note! :D

giphy.gif

• Like 2

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Anyways, I'm feeling better today so hopefully this whole mess is over with. Finish this out on a strong note! :D

yes! sorry about the mood swings but i'm glad it's looking up from here :) 

• Thanks 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yes! sorry about the mood swings but i'm glad it's looking up from here :) 

Thanks! I think it will help knowing this is the longest week I'll work through the end of the year, and even at that it will only be 4 instead of 5 days. (The rest will be 3 days for the most part.)

:D

On 11/13/2017 at 1:29 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Oh my gosh, this challenge is almost over, isn't it? 

Onto bigger and more fabulous things!

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

20 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Oh my gosh, this challenge is almost over, isn't it? 

Onto bigger and more fabulous things!

Right?! I may have triple checked the dates to make sure I had my weeks straight. I think the holiday time-warp has begun.. I mean, Thanksgiving is next friggin week! :huh:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Right?! I may have triple checked the dates to make sure I had my weeks straight. I think the holiday time-warp has begun.. I mean, Thanksgiving is next friggin week! :huh:

Seconded - and now the panic for all my EOY deadlines is setting in. Hard. Hopefully yours is a more relaxing realization!

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

2 hours ago, MikeWazowski said:

Seconded - and now the panic for all my EOY deadlines is setting in. Hard. Hopefully yours is a more relaxing realization!

Here's what I envision when I put my vacation time down:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Here's what it inevitably looks like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Boo EOY deadlines! Cease this madness!

Week 4 summary:

Jack makes a fresh start. But, I am aiming to try some new (not fitness-related) things to breakup my concrete routine. Impromptu shopping trip with my mom :)

Sally makes lunch Make 2 new recipes by the end of the challenge. No. I looked at a soup recipe and realized I was missing some stuff, so..yeah.. I believe NNP recipe index lists something called "Garbage Soup". This was more like Frankenstein soup.. Edible, but not some of my best work TBH.

Zero greets the (not quite) dawn. Up at 5:45/ weekdays. 5:30 it is.

Dr. Finklestein talks to himself. Post SOMETHING every day.  :ghost: Again. This was not a particularly successful goal.

Oogie Boogie tries not to split a seam. Conditioning. Burpees post-workout: dropped back and punted. Circuit circus: nope. Didn't even go for a run because a) I felt like crap on a cracker and B) nausea and HIIT/running do not mix well.

200w_d.gif

Also, less of this ^^^.  Much better than last week, but not quite where I was the 1st couple of weeks. Dadgum sharks.

Finish NBC puzzle. Oh, whoops. I forgot about this altogether. :lol:

Rolling goals

Devo 4/7. I need a better strategy for when I'm not at work.

Walking. 7/7. Bonus 7!  (Score / reward TBD) Check! New high score: 2 weeks straight!

#Yoga365. 7/7. Bonus 5. (Score / reward TBD) Don't forget front split practice! Check!

And that's a wrap, y'all! Things that were good this challenge:

• New gear (and feeling like a real lifter :D)
  • New PRs for all my lifts (forgot to mention I did a new squat 1RM on Friday. Programming, shmogramming. PRs are more fun.)
  • I had fun! See aforementioned PRs, plus Halloweenie things (pumpkin fest, doggie trick or treating, flexies for the mini) Thor: Ragnarok (OMG), etc.
  • My conditioning is less crappy than when I started. Progress is good.
  • Added a couple of recipes to my repertoire (Though I think the 1st one may have been at the tail end of last challenge? Whatever.)
  • Weight has still remained fairly stable

Things I'd like to do better:

• Communicate. This still does not come naturally to me. I have gotten way better, but still. There are times when I would like to/feel like I should say something and I just..can't. Ghosted my way through a large portion of this challenge.
  • Nutrition. I am not totally dissatisfied with my eating habits, but there is room for improvement without going crazy. I think overall I do pretty well in terms of balance, but I still get the bulk of my calories from PB or granola/cereal at night. My main concern is that I've noticed lately that foods that would've been "no freakin' way" a year ago have had a bit more of a "well, maybe one would be ok" draw to them. I'm not saying that it is wrong to eat cookies. It's just that I had gotten comfortable with not being remotely interested in them and now, well, let's just say this is not the time of year you want good judgement to leave you out in the cold. Not cutting. (I decided I would wait a full year after the last meltdown.) But I can cut out some excess sugar pretty easily and I think I would feel a lot better for it.
  • Yoga. Coming up on my 365 ani. What I have learned so far is that I am capable of a great deal of half-assery, a fair portion of badassery and somewhere in the middle (just-an-assery?) for the rest. I would like to challenge myself a bit more to learn new poses.

See y'all in the next round! Thanks for hanging around this long!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Nutrition. I am not totally dissatisfied with my eating habits, but there is room for improvement without going crazy. I think overall I do pretty well in terms of balance, but I still get the bulk of my calories from PB or granola/cereal at night. My main concern is that I've noticed lately that foods that would've been "no freakin' way" a year ago have had a bit more of a "well, maybe one would be ok" draw to them. I'm not saying that it is wrong to eat cookies. It's just that I had gotten comfortable with not being remotely interested in them and now, well, let's just say this is not the time of year you want good judgement to leave you out in the cold. Not cutting. (I decided I would wait a full year after the last meltdown.) But I can cut out some excess sugar pretty easily and I think I would feel a lot better for it.

i think you are thinking about this in all the right ways. i'm in a similar boat. there's definitely an excess of sugar that has been happening more on the regular than it needs to. good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i think you are thinking about this in all the right ways. i'm in a similar boat. there's definitely an excess of sugar that has been happening more on the regular than it needs to. good luck!

Thanks! I'm hoping that choosing to make this a more conscious effort will be more successful than my previous plan, which ran something like "I should really reduce some of that sugary granola cereal snacking...crap...now I want cereal." :lol:

• Haha 1