So, I'm currently not lifting. But, I have no time. I have things to get done, and I don't think I'm going to get it done in time. It's absolutely crunch time, and shit has just got to get sorted or I'm screwed.

6jOLTIn.gif

So, I have a list of goals that are not lifting/fitness related, and I have two that are. And I'm once again motivating myself with money towards some future coaching. So here goes nothing.

Goal 1: Get the nursery ready

- Paint the nursery ($3.5)

- Move in the furniture ($3.5)

- Add curtains ($3.5)

- Add a light cover ($3.5)

- Transfer baby stuff from lounge to nursery ($3.5)

- Get nursing chair covered ($3.5)

Max for goal $21

Goal 2: Get the house baby ready

- clean lounge room ($3.5)

- clean hallway ($3.5)

- clean kitchen ($3.5)

- clean laundry ($3.5)

- clean bathroom ($3.5)

- Setup cleaning schedule to keep it that way ($3.5)

Max for goal $21

Goal 3: Start tracking some meals

- Track at least one meal each day

- $1 for each day I manage this

Max for goal $28

Goal 4: Return to fitness

Ger back into things in the last two weeks of the challenge. By then everything should be far enough along that I have time to get to the gym again.

- 3 strength sessions per week while rebuilding ($1 per session)

- 3 conditioning sessions per week while rebuilding ($1 per session)

Max for goal $12

Goal 5: It's NaNoWriMo already!

- 1667 words per day for every day in November ($1)

Max for goal $18

Once again, $100 worth of goals for the challenge, each broken up into small manageable chunks. And I can start to earn dollars during zero week, although, now that it's Thursday morning already, I'm not so sure I'm going to manage that one.

• Like 4

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

nice job putting this all together! good luck!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

12 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

nice job putting this all together! good luck!

giphy.gif

Thanks. Hopefully it all works out...

10 hours ago, Grumble said:

Baby proofing is a waste of time until they have proven otherwise. Trust me on this.

How long til Junior's Junior?

That depends. If we go based on actual due date, about 5.5 weeks. If we go by development, like, last week. If we go by other warning signs, any day now. 

As for baby proofing, that's not technically what I'm doing. Our house is kind of trashed due to an unconventional amount of work I had to do to get my office to fit in my spare room, and the fact that my wife is now suffering from a fairly severe edema that keeps her off her feet. So, between work, prepping the nursery, and all of my other commitments, our house has slowly degenerated into something not really fit for human habitation over the last coupe of months. We're thinking we should fix that before the baby gets here and a midwife visit turns into accusations of neglect...

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

1st,

4173dp6UQaL._SY300_.jpg

2nd, if you're worried about finishing in time, maybe you could bribe a couple of friends to give you a hand with some of things on your to-do list? (I've helped out a number of friends with painting/moving in exchange for sandwiches or pizza. And vice versa.) Just my 0.02 :)

• Like 1

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

On 10/20/2017 at 2:56 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

1st,

4173dp6UQaL._SY300_.jpg

2nd, if you're worried about finishing in time, maybe you could bribe a couple of friends to give you a hand with some of things on your to-do list? (I've helped out a number of friends with painting/moving in exchange for sandwiches or pizza. And vice versa.) Just my 0.02 :)

I'm lucky that I have a few friends helping out. And the biggest job (painting the nursery) is now nearly complete, just a coat of white on the trim, touch up places I screwed up, and we're ready for carpet (that's already been ordered). The jobs will get done I'm sure, but I'm still not confident that I'll be ready when the baby arrives.

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

So week one has started a little rocky. Ended up getting called into work to cover for a workmate who's had a family emergency.

That said, apart from some touch ups, the painting in the nursery is done. I'm going to rehang the door and the blinds, then touch up the walls where I've screwed it up tonight, that'll have everything ready for carpeting.

Additionally, I tracked all my food yesterday, although it's not a pretty sight:

Breakfast:

2 servings of crunchy nut cereal with 1 cup of whole milk

Lunch:

Chicken Tikka Masala with rice lunch pack

250ml redbull

Afternoon snack:

250ml redbull

2 medium bananas

250ml redbull (yes, I drank three cans of redbull yesterday, and I plan on doing it again today, tomorrow, and for the 4 days after that)

Dinner:

KFC - Twister, large fries, 3 wicked wings, regular potato and gravy, 600ml mountain dew

Total calories for the day:

I'm not aiming for anything just now, just trying to build the habit of tracking. Once I'm tacking everything every day, I'll add weight tracking data, and hopefully be able to discern my average TDEE. I'm fairly certain you can all see where this is going long term...

Additionally, I've already tracked breakfast and lunch from today, although I won't bore you with what they were just now, I'll save that boredom for tomorrow's update!

Money Earned so far:

- Track at least one meal each day x 2

$2

• Like 2

Dwarf Warrior

1 hour ago, Juni0r83 said:

KFC - Twister, large fries, 3 wicked wings, regular potato and gravy, 600ml mountain dew

I haven't this shit in soooooo long, but when I do break my diet it's going to be a KFC burger....

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

I haven't this shit in soooooo long, but when I do break my diet it's going to be a KFC burger....

there was a time when I was consuming 4000+ calories per day and this could be a part of my diet while losing weight. Without lifting though...

• Like 1

Dwarf Warrior

14 hours ago, Blocky said:

KFC burger

Did not know this was a thing. Right up there with Taco Bell using a fried egg as a taco shell.

14 hours ago, Juni0r83 said:

there was a time when I was consuming 4000+ calories per day and this could be a part of my diet while losing weight. Without lifting though...

Also did not know this. That is seriously impressive.

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

3 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Also did not know this. That is seriously impressive.

I actually think its more a testament to how seriously overweight I am as opposed to how active/fit/muscular I am. Additionally, it's one of the reasons my wife hates me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dwarf Warrior

So, I finally finished painting the nursery. It feels good to finally check something off the list.

Additionally, tracked all the foods again yesterday.

Breakfast:

2 servings of crunchy nut cereal with 1 cup of whole milk

Lunch:

a microwavable soft tacos kit and a can of redbull

Afternoon snack:

Another 2 cans of redbull and two medium bananas

Dinner:

beef ravioli with creamy sundried tomato sauce with 3 pieces of garlic bread and a glass of coke.

Total calories: 2810

Money Earned so far:

- Paint the nursery

- track at least 1 meal per day x 3

$6.50

• Like 5

Dwarf Warrior

Continuing my running updates.

I've managed to track something every day so far so I'm feeling kind of a little proud of myself. $5 earned

The nursery has carpet now, and the bassinet plus a shelving unit we're using until the rest of the furniture arrives has been moved in. Another $3.5 earned

Hallway is now cleaned and ready for the baby. $3.5

Total so far for the challenge: $15.5

Considering a number of my potential earnings don't kick in until the second half of the challenge, I'm pretty happy with this result so far. It may be all about to fall in a hole though as there are increasing signs that the baby will be born any day now. Now if I just had some time away from work to get stuff done I'd probably feel better about everything, but it seems I'll have to manage without that.

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior

Things have not gone smoothly in the past few days. On Saturday, my wife was sent via royal flying doctors service from our local hospital to a hospital in my state capital. She had shown warning signs of going into pre-term labor, and the local staff were having trouble bringing it under control. Once in Adelaide however, the contractions stopped, and the staff there were happy for her to deliver anyway.

Two days later, several hundred dollars in expenses, and a whole lot of not tracking or progressing my goals, we finally headed home.

To make matters worse, I managed to come down with flu symptoms. Not sure if it's because of a flu vaccination i received on friday, or if i caught somthing while away.

Since arriving home however, I have attempted to bring myself back into line, and for the most part I am succeeding. Except the writing. I'm working on correcting that, but it's proving difficult with my head full of cotton wool.

Anyway, I have succeeded in all but a lamp shade and curtains for the nursery, but no more cleaning. And I've tracked 8 out of 10 days so far.

Total earnings: $25.5

• Like 3

Dwarf Warrior

ugh - sorry to hear about the crazy weekend. but glad your wife is doing better! get in those liquids and vitamins to kick the flu and maybe writing can come once you're feeling better :) 

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Didn't know you were expecting. Congratulatinos!

Hope you're feeling better.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Okay, so I've been noteably absent from the board, and from achieving my goals. But there is a reason. Someone decided to come early

And now that he's here, we need to figure some things out to get us moving in the right direction.

Anyway, just thought I should put up something of an explanation. 

• Like 4

Dwarf Warrior

yay!! congratulations! take care of yourself as you transition into your new normal :) 

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest