Who Needs Teeth Anyway - Tiffany D Learns To Hockey

.TIFF

So There is no better hockey theme in the world than Goon.... Which also happens to be the SO's and my favorite date night movie next to Deadpool.

Meet Doug, The Thug... Glatt

OI4xEH2.gif

Fire under my ass time.  I have been lazy, and un-motivated for quite a while.  So I said F'it, I am going to (hopefully, which I managed but just) fit my ass back into my Hockey gear I bought years ago and finally learn how to play properly.  I had set up my first personal lesson, and the lady training me said I would be fine going to the team clinic that her and her husband run so that is that.  By summer season next year I will be on the rookie roster :D   I know I am a warrior but I am putting the heavy shit down and getting some agility and endurance so rangers was the place to be.

To complete this half year goal I need to...

Train Hard!

hQjnH3d.gif

- Circuit Training/HIIT/Cross Training twice a week

- Hockey Clinic on Wednesdays

- Skate on Saturday or Sunday

- Walk/Cardio twice a week

- Yoga once a week

Adult Hard!

jTdq8Zq.gif

- Figure out daily/weekly chores and get them done

- Get the new deck sealed weather permitting, hopefully it will get cool and dry enough to get this done

- Get one disaster removed from the house, and possibly paint some shit.

Lose Hard! 

tenor.gif?itemid=5341286

- Keeping this simple, 1600 calories average with 1800 on hockey clinic day.  Will fine tune if needed, but everything will be tracked in MFP

Extra Credit *

Save Hard!

- Cancel Gym Memberships, and stop spending on frivolous shit so that I can afford the hockey clinics/skating and save up for the new car I want come December.

Now to get to work... 

tenor.gif?itemid=7594457

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the Rangers

look-into-my-eyes-resistance-is-futile-c

:D

Seriously though,..I know nothing of hockey but couldn't pass up the title :lol: This I have to see!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestle, It's all about the pin

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

11 hours ago, RES said:

Welcome to the Rangers

look-into-my-eyes-resistance-is-futile-c

:D

Seriously though,..I know nothing of hockey but couldn't pass up the title :lol: This I have to see!

Thanks for the warm welcome!  

11 hours ago, Terra said:

Welcome to the Rangers!  I couldn't help but follow.  I am so totally jealous about the hockey.  Nothing like that near me so I'm just gonna live vicariously though you, OK?  

Sounds like a plan!  As someone that grew up in MI but has been stuck in FL for 13+ years, I do know how lucky I am to have ice rinks around so I will share what I can :D 

• Like 2

WUTTTTTTTT Sigh. More out of guild peeps to keep up on???? JUST KIDDDINGGGGG YAY for a new thing!!! And it's a hockey thing! Which is, you know, pretty damn badass. Good to see you all fired UPPPPPP :D 

giphy.gif 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

stuck in FL for 13+ years

What part? I'm in Jax

• Like 1

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

OMG OMG YOURE OVER HERE AT LAST YOURE NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE EVER

I absolutely love Goon, I watch the bagpipe scene at the end all the time to get hyped up for workouts

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Well this week has kind of been crap so instead of trying to do all of this for zero week I was focusing more on getting everything done (at work currently fixing crap that others should have) and preparing to have a solid actual challenge.

Of course I also decided to stub my little toe horribly last night and now socks hurt, so we will see how baking my skates will go today...  Should be a magical experience filled with holding back swear words in front of all the children in the skate shop, lol.

Today also has cleaning, grocery shopping, and yard work on the list, so there may be rum after...

I have at least kept to my lunch/breakfast plan and put them in MFP all week which is pretty solid for me.  Now to keep it going, even if it's due to frozen burritos, cup O oatmeal, and frozen dinners (but the healthier kind), baby steps right.  I may throw some prepared meals in this week, but only for the first 3 days since I am horrible at middle of the week prep cooking.

• Like 3

Rum...Yum...

61e11b66c32a3025a21c12d41ee77097.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Taking on this challenge like...

gx8g5ht.gif

Yesterday was solid besides the training part (my toe is a lovely shade of death so I have yet to bake my skates or really do anything besides only walking where and when I have to).  I am going to try to get 30+ min in on the max trainer, but if I am able to do some more active cleaning (aka pulling weeds or washing all the mini beasts) I will give myself a pass.  If I don't get my skates baked tonight I will require myself to do puck work on the slide board for a half hour tomorrow as well as ab/leg work on the evil contraption too.

This week is also a bit different because I am hosting a pumpkin carving party Saturday and I am trying to make the house look like adults live there.  So I am OK if I don't get workouts in but I am getting productive stuff done and not just sitting on my ass.

Monday Overview:

I tracked everything, and was even under a bit at 1350 calories for the day.

I got more chores than usual done, cooked a proper dinner instead of snacking like I have been, and already have started my chore list for tonight.

* extra credit, I have gotten up early enough to drive to work the long way and save 3.00 per day on tolls 3 days this week (since I drove in Saturday as well).  Doesn't seem like a lot but I spend around 120 a month on tolls so cutting that in half would be nice.

• Like 2

Been a long time since I've been to Orlando, I didn't realize they had so many toll roads now!

The toe sounds painful, hopefully not too much so

• Like 1

Spoiler

On 19-10-2017 at 5:05 PM, TiffanyD said:

Which also happens to be the SO's and my favorite date night movie next to Deadpool.

That's how you make friends with me...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool love

Train Hard!

hQjnH3d.gif

- Circuit Training/HIIT/Cross Training twice a week

- Hockey Clinic on Wednesdays

- Skate on Saturday or Sunday

- Walk/Cardio twice a week

- Yoga once a week

Solid program, very RangerBrain™, yes you will fit in quite nicely here!

Lose Hard! 

tenor.gif?itemid=5341286

- Keeping this simple, 1600 calories average with 1800 on hockey clinic day.  Will fine tune if needed, but everything will be tracked in MFP

Good, good, be sure you get enough in with all the stuff you are doing for workout. What kind of work do you do?

Now to get to work... 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor yes ma'am gif

On 21-10-2017 at 2:59 AM, DJtrippyT said:

I absolutely love Goon, I watch the bagpipe scene at the end all the time to get hyped up for workouts

That's it, it's moving up to #1 on my to view list.

On 24-10-2017 at 2:23 PM, TiffanyD said:

I am trying to make the house look like adults live there. 

LOL, we will get along quite nicely me thinks!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool chimichanga gif

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

On 10/24/2017 at 1:45 PM, Terra said:

Bummer about the toe!!!  Sounds like your week is going pretty good so far..  I always take extra small bills and quarters when we travel to Orlando! I dislike paying the rental car fee for using their fast pass things.

On 10/25/2017 at 5:37 AM, RES said:

Been a long time since I've been to Orlando, I didn't realize they had so many toll roads now!

The toe sounds painful, hopefully not too much so

I work on the east side of orlando, but live on the west so it's the 408 daily or it takes an hour to get there/back.  It seems to be the only decent way to get around unfortunately.

The toe is officially not in pain even in heels today so I should be able to skate Sunday :D 

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

That's how you make friends with me...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool love

Solid program, very RangerBrain™, yes you will fit in quite nicely here!

I've been here before, and it's a good place to be!

Good, good, be sure you get enough in with all the stuff you are doing for workout. What kind of work do you do?

I help run a team of people that make static models for 3D simulators as well as create airfields for flight sim.  It's mainly a desk job, so I try to get a 15 min walk in daily but depending on how busy I am that may not always happen.

LOL, we will get along quite nicely me thinks!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor deadpool chimichanga gif

Yay!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Tue/Wed overview...

Tuesday was solid, stayed within calorie goal, did chores, took a walk at work but not for as long as I should have... 

Wednesday was kind of a shit show though, I had a model and airfield delivery, people on my team dropped the ball so I had to clean up the mess.  I didn't track at all, and dinner was a bottle of wine and a salad (the salad was thanks to the SO).  I didn't do any of the workout/hockey training, but I did get the two benches still in boxes put together last night, and spent some quality time with the SO.

Today I will...

Have a well balanced meal at our team lunch today since I can't track exactly with catered stuff.

Put together final piece of outdoor furniture and try to get one of the new ceiling fans up.

Make a real dinner

Do yoga, and try to get my stick to the puck.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

I help run a team of people that make static models for 3D simulators as well as create airfields for flight sim.  It's mainly a desk job, so I try to get a 15 min walk in daily but depending on how busy I am that may not always happen.

Ok so that won't burn a tremendous amount of KCAL, just checkin y'know...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor stalker gif

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

3 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

and try to get my stick to the puck.

[giggles childlishly]

yes, you will fit with the Rangers nicely, right @Mr_Willes ?

26 minutes ago, Terra said:

So happy to hear that the toe is better!  That drive sounds nasty, but at least you have hockey.  I might have a better commute but our ice rink is outdoors so only winter skating is possible.  

4FSRNBjuRxWQhuQyZFEg_h8.gif

I'm so excited to find all the goofy hockey gifs!!!

I need this gif playing on a loop on my phone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

It's Finally Friday!

giphy.gif 

Yesterday I did in fact not go crazy at lunch (though 2 cookies were consumed), I did make a real dinner, and I did get in some yoga/stretching... but it was raining so outside furniture will have to wait.

Todays To Do's

Get adult beverages for cookout tomorrow

Get in a full body circuit training thing of some sort

Get started on the living/dining room area 

Get the downstairs bathroom cleaned

Watch at least one episode of stranger things season 2... almost stayed home today for this, probably should have.

• Like 2

So my party was a success, but there was way too many beverages and pies and cakes and potato salads at my house so I completely dropped the puck...  Then to add on to that I have 2 pups that have some problems going on, got one on the road to recovery only to find out another broke her tooth :S so that get's looked at today.  The extra driving/spending hasn't helped.

giphy.gif

Taking things one day at a time right now, and really trying to find my drive to get back into regular workouts.  Something I have failed at so far.

Steps I have taken today:

Acknowledged that I am still making progress - I got my yearly health screening overview back today from my employer, I am 2 points healthier than I was last year.  Everything came back good except weight, cholesterol/blood pressure/triglycerides all in normal ranges.  Last year I had high blood pressure, the year before that my cholesterol was high as well.  This means that while the scale doesn't move easily, I am healthier in the long run.

I have tracked breakfast and lunch, and both were on plan

I signed myself up for a groupon 

*it's a gym I had gone to years ago and liked but didn't quite keep up with.  I got 8 weeks of unlimited early bird conditioning classes, so that is what I am going to focus on.  I will show up to class MWF at 6 am.  I will skip hockey clinic until these don't kick my ass, I have done them before and I know they will.  But I will skate on Sundays for the rest of this challenge.

I downloaded THE ROCKS alarm clock, because I will need to get my ass out of bed a half hour early to get to these classes.  I am usually up by then already, I just laze about, so this shouldn't be TOO difficult to do. I figured having the Rock sing to me to wake me up would be a fun way to start the day.

I got up in time to get to work without using Tolls

Brought pies and cakes to work to pawn them off on other unfortunate souls

Steps I will take tonight: Edited with updates on progress :)

- Get lunch, clothes, and workout bag ready before I go to bed.  Also lay out the workout gear I will be wearing in the morning so that I am not stumbling around in the dark tomorrow morning - Laundry going, bag half packed!

- Give Doyle (pup) his medicated bath tonight - Complete

- Cook Brussels sprouts and potatoes to have with our left over ribs... but seriously, those are not going to go to waste - Complete

- Max Trainer for 35-45 min - Complete

• Like 2

I love the idea of that alarm! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Life is just throwing some craziness my way it seems.  It looks like I will be going on a site trip next month for a bit over a week.  Im not really sure about talking on exactly where I am going so I won't say much more for now, but Ben (SO) and I were talking and he was going to try to go with me.  On these visits most military people are done at 3 pm, so we would have every evening to ourselves to be tourists.  I was really excited about it by the time I left work, even had a pet sitter set up for the week, but Ben came home with news that his job wouldn't let him take the time off, and they don't want him traveling when he does because he is "mission critical"....  such bullshit.

So I was super depressed because it would have been our first real adventure vacation (besides me working) ever, and dinner went from a lovely chicken mushroom bake with gf pasta that I planned to wallowing in a half bottle of wine and a hot roast beef sandwich right before bed because Ben made it and put it in front of me. 

I am still really bummed and almost don't want to go now, but at the same time this is a place I would never pick to travel to and it could be a really cool experience.  I will probably go, I am just going to be bleh about it for a while first.

Good Things I Have Managed:

The house still looks like adults live there

I got up early enough to go to work the non toll way AND cook lunch for today and tomorrow

Tracked breakfast and lunch, both on plan.

Need To Do List:

Get in some exercise

Call the new Gym place to get set up for Monday AM class

Dishes

Cook awesome dinner that should have happened yesterday

• Like 2