Nutrition was good yesterday...  but not going to be good today...  too much pizza.

I need to work on my butterfly pull ups.  I'm good when I just want to do it.  However, when I do it for speed in a WOD like Helen,  I lose all my technique.  Needs more practice.

My costume is on point today... see Monster Swolfie thread.

Image result for I'm tired funny

in other news...  I'm not sleeping.  I'm waking up hella early like 4:30 on a sunday.  I don't know whats going on with that...  but I'm tired...

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

13 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

You were not mocked nearly enough for this statement. 

Image result for I know right

people are off their game this challenge.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

Congrats on the muscle ups!

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Long over due update:

Image result for where have you been

Well...  I got sick wed night, woke feeling like shit on Thursday... went to work anyways.

Image result for a real tough guy

lasted about an hour, then my coworker showed up and told my I have to go home.  So, I took 2 sick days, cals were shit, but not too bad.  Lots of sugar in the energy drinks I was taking and left over skittles.  Sat, I went to Xfit, but only lasted 10 min into the WOD and I had to quit.  I then rested the rest of the weekend.

Image result for couch potato funny

Monday, I was feeling alright, but then relapsed into severe fatigue, that was main symptom,  during most of the day.  Then, right before work ended, I got all my energy back, so I went to xfit, with the intent to take it easy.  But then I had an awesome workout, went full 100%.

Nutrition:  Back on track.  I'm going to reduce my cals to about 2550 at the expense of carbs.  Going to try a more 33/33/33 macro style.  

Xfit skills:  I bought myself a jump rope.  I have a new record of 8 dups in a row.  I haven't been able to recreate my MU success, but I only tried them on Wed and I think I was starting to get sick.  Thursday is skills work day, so I want to do some learning on handstand walks.  (Come on, how cool will it be that I can teach Br0dinsdottir handstands by example!  All her friends will be hella jealous and all the dads will know how awesome I am.)

Ragnarok Prep:  First Baby shower is complete.  And lots of nesting happened over the weekend.  Br0dinsdottir's room is about 75% ready.  Crib should be here soon (Yeah, big kids legos!) so I get to put that together soon.  Since I'm not going to watch football this weekend,  I'm going to go see Thor and then I'm going to the gun range to test compact 9mm hand guns and then (hopefully) go purchase the lucky winner.  

Image result for commando funny

I'll be ready for all the luck suitors of young Br0dinsdottir.

• Like 5

Wheymen

8 hours ago, Br0din said:

No no no, the correct tool for intimidation of the sort you intend is clearly a shotgun.

• Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

14 hours ago, Br0din said:

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No no no, the correct tool for intimidation of the sort you intend is clearly a shotgun.

Best case scenario - Brave but foolish suitor breaches the gates of Asgard to find Br0din cleaning aforementioned shotgun, a 30-06 hanging comfortably on the wall over the sofa, and Br0dinsdottir herself just "tidying up" from a dry-fire practice session with the handgun of choice, removing the snap caps and efficiently reloading and reholstering.

In happier news the suitors ought not be coming around for a few years - plenty of time to do whatever you choose to with your arsenal. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5440336

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

3 hours ago, Gemma said:

Best case scenario - Brave but foolish suitor breaches the gates of Asgard to find Br0din cleaning aforementioned shotgun, a 30-06 hanging comfortably on the wall over the sofa, and Br0dinsdottir herself just "tidying up" from a dry-fire practice session with the handgun of choice, removing the snap caps and efficiently reloading and reholstering.

In happier news the suitors ought not be coming around for a few years - plenty of time to do whatever you choose to with your arsenal. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5440336

Uhm...  more like this:

Image result for bad boys 2 date

just kidding...  This would drive her to give a sympathy blowie in the car and the dude will do whatever he can to "get back" at me.  Teach her to make good decisions, then back it up with force.

but there are lines based on age...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wheymen

*when your daughter's suitor picks her up and her dad and workout buddies answer the door.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wheymen

24 minutes ago, Laghail said:

A handy guide - 

Base System

And here I'm stuck at "Your base."

• Haha 3

Wheymen

13 minutes ago, Br0din said:

And here I'm stuck at "Your base."

Are belong to us.

• Haha 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

41 minutes ago, Laghail said:

A handy guide - 

Base System

Is it bad I kept trying to mouse over that image to get the hover text?

• Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 11/11/2017 at 6:18 PM, Cataleya said:

Makin' my way back to the forums and wanted to say following. I considered getting a gun but have been nervous about it, so I'm interested in what your experiences have been.

You totally should investigate it.  Your local range will have Women's classes and clubs or just general beginner classes depending on what you're looking for.  Take a class, learn how handle to weapon, have proper respect for it and then learn how to be confident with it.  Welcome back!!

My trip to the range wasn't successful.  Apparently, I needed to come with a friend or bring my own guns to rent a gun.  And I didn't bring anything extra to the range, because I was there to do 1 thing, test fire 3-4 different pistols.  I even had cash in hand to make a purchase...  

Image result for so frustrating

Lets talk nutrition:  I failed to make any changes in body comp over the last 8 weeks.  I started off at 2800-2900 cals with 40/30/30 C/p/f ratio and then reduced to about 2500 cals.  I'm fairly certain I lost LBM and gained fat based on progress pics and tape measurements.  Super disappointing.  So I'm going to go back to 2900 cals for the rest of the month, with getting 250gr or so of protein at the expense of carbs.  See what happens.

I'm getting better at double unders.  I got 11 in a row, but I need to shorten my jump rope by an inch or so.

• Like 1

Wheymen

You totally should investigate it.  Your local range will have Women's classes and clubs or just general beginner classes depending on what you're looking for.  Take a class, learn how handle to weapon, have proper respect for it and then learn how to be confident with it.  Welcome back!!

Thanks!

Yeah, I've shot guns before and I feel generally comfortable around them (military family) but I am not sure how I feel about having one in the house. I think my biggest hangup is that I would want my stuff to be locked up enough to be a responsible gun owner, which feels counterintuitive to actually getting the gun if there was an emergency.
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Thanks!

Yeah, I've shot guns before and I feel generally comfortable around them (military family) but I am not sure how I feel about having one in the house. I think my biggest hangup is that I would want my stuff to be locked up enough to be a responsible gun owner, which feels counterintuitive to actually getting the gun if there was an emergency.

So many options for solving exactly this problem are on the market now. I use a Hornady RAPiD safe for the home defense gun. Gun is completely inaccessible to the granddaughter, but I wear a little rubber RFID bracelet at night and can open it instantly just by waving my arm near the sensor pad. 

• Like 2

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

9 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Thanks!

This is actually the next step for me too.  How to be secure and accessible.  Right now everything is accessible.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did eat 2900 cals yesterday.  My fats were a lot higher than I wanted, but I did alright.  

We squated volume yesterday.  4 rounds, E3MOM go for 30 secs.  So, 30 secs of reps and then rest 2:30 @ 70%.  I did 3 rounds at 225 of 8,8, 10.  Then bumped it up to 245 for 7.  We did pullups in the WOD and really felt the butterfly pullups come together.  I just repped them out.  

• Like 3

Wheymen

So many options for solving exactly this problem are on the market now. I use a Hornady RAPiD safe for the home defense gun. Gun is completely inaccessible to the granddaughter, but I wear a little rubber RFID bracelet at night and can open it instantly just by waving my arm near the sensor pad. 

What? That is awesome. I will need to look into that.
  • Like 2