[Mini] Getting to Know You

Sylvaa

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Was totally singing the song in my head before opening the link. Thanks for scratching that particular mental itch. :) Cool idea for mini. I'm definitely going to play along.

Also reminded me of the Addams Family movie. Some kids perform this song before Wednesday and Pugsley perform the fencing scene from Hamlet. Great movie. Also...I've had a secret crush on Julie Andrews since I was a child. Mary Poppins remains one of the greatest movies of all time as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 4

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Resets

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

14 hours ago, annyshay said:

Was totally singing the song in my head before opening the link. Thanks for scratching that particular mental itch. :) Cool idea for mini. I'm definitely going to play along.

I keep singing it every time I see the title! I may not have thought through how many times I'm going to sing the song in the next few weeks....

10 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Also reminded me of the Addams Family movie. Some kids perform this song before Wednesday and Pugsley perform the fencing scene from Hamlet. Great movie. Also...I've had a secret crush on Julie Andrews since I was a child. Mary Poppins remains one of the greatest movies of all time as far as I'm concerned.

Julie Andrews is amazing. 

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This looks like a fun challenge.  Can non-Adventurers play too?

Absolutely! Actually, as there are 10 questions, if anyone wants to start early and answer some this week - it would highly encouraged!

• Like 2

The highest I have ever been was while camping with some men from my church outside of (or rather above) Durbin, WV. The elevation is just over 3,000 feet in one of the most mountainous counties in WV. Even Durbin, which is at the bottom of the mountain, is at 2,743 feet.

I don't really like the "live in any time" question because I try to be a "live in the present" kind of guy, but I guess if I had to choose it would be 40's and 50's (post WWII), because of the rise in popularity of theater and cinema. I would probably have done pretty well then as an actor because even WV had a bustling vaudeville theater scene in the 40's. Plus, this era was kind of the tail end of some of America's greatest writers: Steinbeck, Hemingway, Salinger, Kerouac, Faulkner, Orwell, McCullers, Chandler, etc. My second choice would be Elizabethan England (also because of theater), but...y'know...the plague and all...

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Absolutely! Actually, as there are 10 questions, if anyone wants to start early and answer some this week - it would highly encouraged!

Cool, then I'm in!

When was the last time you were lost? I have only ever been lost once that I can recall.  When I was 9 my dad took a job in a fairly small town in Utah and we had been living there for a couple of weeks.  I knew my address, which was on 200 North, across from a small market.  I was walking back from the store one day and got to  a small market that I thought was the one by my house, but was actually one that looked similar.  I checked the street signs and saw that I was on 600 North so I knew I had to go south, but in my 9 year old mind I thought I had to walk 400 blocks.  So I started walking and for what felt like forever and checked the signs again and I was already at 100 North.  Confused as how I could have gone so far already, I started retracing my steps until I found myself at 400 North.  I knew I hadn't gone 300 blocks but was really confused because the street sign clearly said 400 on it.  I started to get really scared until I noticed a small engraving in the sidewalk when I got to 300 N that read "3rd North".  I immediately figured out what was going on, but I was too relieved to feel stupid at the time, and so happy to finally know how to find my home again.  The worst part was that I told my older brother about it and he teased me mercilessly for weeks :(:D 

If you had an extra hour every day what would you do with it?  Honestly, I would probably spent it surfing the net and doing the same time wasting things I already do with the hours I have

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Honestly, I would probably spent it surfing the net and doing the same time wasting things I already do with the hours I have

Love that honesty. I started getting up earlier to give myself "more time," and on more than one occasion I have been guilty of just laying on the couch, scrolling through my phone, wasting time. :)

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12262-1405712108-28

• Like 2

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

When was the last time you were lost?: True story about Sylvaa. I have a very scary sense of direction. Where I can generally go somewhere once (maybe twice) and consistently find my way back there. The interesting thing is that if I get off track on the way, then I will continue to have the same issue EVERY time I go.

The last time I got really lost was when I was 20 and moving to Philly. I didn't have a cell phone with GPS because this was 2003. I got lost and ended up in West Philly (which, isn't really the best place for a young single woman to be. 

What is the best costume you have ever worn?Growing up, my mother made all my costumes, so I always had really good ones. One of my favorites was a jester costume. I was totally Harley Quinn before she was cool. I also went from Meg as Family Guy which was really fun (especially because I AM Meg). 

• Like 3

I haven't even opened the link and the song is stuck in my head!

Hello All!

The best costume I have ever worn was Velma (from Scooby Doo). My haircut did not turn out the way I had intended so I made the best of it. My glasses were black frame, bought an orange turtle neck from good will, cut a brown pleated skirt to land just right, dyed knee high socks, I even had brown shoes that worked just right. Sadly I had no where to go that Halloween and no pic for myself. I wore it running errands and was stopped by so many giddy people. Second best (I know not a question, but hey I have a pic!) was Hamburgler-ette, equipt with a Happy Meal box as a purse. Oddly enough a local McDonalds caught fire that night, I was at a Halloween Party and have witnesses that can vouch for me!

148814_635166334749_1352092_n_zpswbe93sp

When was the last time you were lost? I'm not entirely sure when the last time I was lost was, but I have gotten lost thanks to road construction on more than one occasion go to visit a friend. He got REALLY good at figuring out where I was based on random things I was listing off that I saw. Once I knew I was on the interstate, but had no idea which direction I was going. He figured out where I was based where I could see a certain building in regards to my car (right driver's window, left rear etc.).

• Like 2

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself."-unknown

I'm totally onboard with this.

What do you think about when there is nothing to think about?
I either think about that one book I've always wanted to write. Or I think about a scene from a book, movie, show, or video game and self insert myself into it. I either play the bad ass or I play the meta god and dissect all hubris. I like to see what makes a certain scene or person tick. Ina fictional sense.

If you could live at any time in history when would it be?
I would give how many hundreds of years in the future it takes to have easy access to a "ready player one"esque virtual reality system minus the dying ecosystem of the earth. Or a point where we can upload human consciousness into the ether that is technology. But in non-Soma (video game) ending.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Growing up, my mother made all my costumes, so I always had really good ones.

This was true for me too, but seeing how I have used up my 2 question quota for this week, you will have to wait until next week to hear the rest of the story :P 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

11 hours ago, Korranation said:

a "ready player one"esque virtual reality system minus the dying ecosystem of the earth. Or a point where we can upload human consciousness into the ether that is technology. But in non-Soma (video game) ending.

OMG this needs to happen right now! 

628b747f8ccdfb757062f36a27eedecfc2295f51

• Like 3

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

On 10/20/2017 at 1:13 PM, Sylvaa said:

Growing up, my mother made all my costumes, so I always had really good ones.

Me too! Including excellent costumes for my junior prom and senior ball. ;)

What is the best costume you have ever worn?

So many good choices, but I think my favorite was my Snow White costume. I helped sew it with my mom. I trick-or-treated with a bunch of my friends in middle school. We were all Disney princes/princesses. I love a good group cosplay, and I'm pretty sure this was the costume that really started it for me. 

When was the last time you were lost? I don't really think of it as getting lost...

8a5de5f40f1364587b59cbc18940bb36e8c0c895

Seriously though, I got lost in the San Diego Convention Center at the beginning of the month. We had a big professional conference there, and I was giving a poster presentation. There were literally thousands of poster slots and they were NOT IN ORDER. *ahem* Needless to say, there was a lot of unnecessary wandering about, but I like to think of it as an adventure. Hehe.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

1 minute ago, annyshay said:

What is the best costume you have ever worn?

So many good choices, but I think my favorite was my Snow White costume. I helped sew it with my mom. I trick-or-treated with a bunch of my friends in middle school. We were all Disney princes/princesses. I love a good group cosplay, and I'm pretty sure this was the costume that really started it for me. 

I WAS SNOW WHITE TOO!

I was about 5 though - but it looked amazing!

• Like 2
On 10/19/2017 at 9:10 PM, Wolfen said:

Yes, Addams Family movie = awesome. Plus, crush on Christina Ricci. ;-) 

Anddd guess who has an old crush on Dick Van Dyke. Thank you, Mary Poppins, for adding so much to our lives! 

I learned to jump up and click my heels at an early age, because I wanted to be just like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. For many years it was my stupid human trick/signature move. I could probably still do it, only with less height than I used to get... 

• Like 2

If I don't answer these in order, it will really bug me. So:

Job I will never have again:

Cocktail Waitressing. I know this is supposed to be a typical, easy, entry-level job, but people, this is HARD! I have had 40+ different jobs in my life (because I was a workaholic, and I thought working was really fun), and this was the only one I was truly bad at. I could NOT for the life of me remember who ordered what and get it to the correct person. I would have to wander around the bar asking, "Is this your beer? Is this your beer?" and sometimes I could never find them, and had to return the beer to the bartender. Then, I'd get off at 2 or 3 am, and when I went home, I'd dream that I was waiting tables, trying to figure out who ordered what, and when I woke up to start my day, I felt like I'd just gotten off of work. UGH. There were some things I liked about it, but I hate being bad at my job. 

The highest I've been, not in an airplane:

I actually do not keep track of these things. I tried to plug in some guesses and I still don't know. I know that in some places, you feel high, but you aren't (Zermatt, Switzerland, 5,276 feet). In other places, you feel low, and you aren't (Grand Canyon, South Ridge: 7,500 feet). I've been on the continental divide in Costa Rica, and I don't know how high that would be, but the average elevation in that country is 5,000. I took the lift from Zermatt up to Schwarzsee (8000 feet +) to hike, and we could see Matterhorn Base Camp from where we were (10,700 feet), but I don't know how high we hiked to. I've spent a decent amount of time traveling around the Swiss Alps visiting family, and I don't know how high any of that was, but it certainly FELT high, especially when you cannot see out your window due to clouds (in La Forclaz, 5,010 feet).  When I was in Yosemite, we drove up to Tolumne Meadows, which is 8,600 feet, the highest of my random Google guesses. It did not feel high because it was flat, but my husband felt winded during the hike, which he blamed on the altitude. I did not feel it. It seems safe to say I haven't been above 10,000 feet??

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CallunaTook said:

Job I will never have again:

Cocktail Waitressing. I know this is supposed to be a typical, easy, entry-level job, but people, this is HARD! I have had 40+ different jobs in my life (because I was a workaholic, and I thought working was really fun), and this was the only one I was truly bad at. I could NOT for the life of me remember who ordered what and get it to the correct person. I would have to wander around the bar asking, "Is this your beer? Is this your beer?" and sometimes I could never find them, and had to return the beer to the bartender. Then, I'd get off at 2 or 3 am, and when I went home, I'd dream that I was waiting tables, trying to figure out who ordered what, and when I woke up to start my day, I felt like I'd just gotten off of work. UGH. There were some things I liked about it, but I hate being bad at my job

This makes me laugh - I loved being a waitress / bartender. I used to do so at an off-track betting parlor and had regulars who would refused to be served by anyone except me (to the point where when I left, so did they!). Like a year later, I walked into an appliance store and one of my previous customers worked there. I still remember what he and his wife used to order! Now, I couldn't tell you anyone's name, but I knew them by food and drink!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

This makes me laugh - I loved being a waitress / bartender. I used to do so at an off-track betting parlor and had regulars who would refused to be served by anyone except me (to the point where when I left, so did they!). Like a year later, I walked into an appliance store and one of my previous customers worked there. I still remember what he and his wife used to order! Now, I couldn't tell you anyone's name, but I knew them by food and drink!

Then, my dear, you are VERY TALENTED!!!!!!! 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, CallunaTook said:

Plus, crush on Christina Ricci. ;-)

I didn't have a crush on Christina as much as I had on Wednesday Addams. Especially in Addams Family Values when she terrorizes the horrible Thanksgiving play.

And as for Dick Van Dyke, I would argue that he just about stole every scene he was in.

“There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps.”

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler