Pollyanna Simplifies...Sorta?

PollyannaAgain

Hi! Only three goals this time and a One & Done List.

1. Prepare for Whole30: All of my bloodwork came back normal, so I figured I might as well try this to see if it improves my energy any. (But it turns out I suck at sticking to things so...)

• Meal plan for the whole 30 days (no pun intended...) +5
  • Write up grocery list & shop for 2 weeks at a time (due to budget) +5/each list/trip combo completed (ie, no points for just a list or just shopping)
  • Do pre-30 measures and record +5
  • Take pictures of food & water consumed + 1/day

2. Focused Flexibility Daily

• Buy FF +5
  • Schedule a time to do it +2
  • Actually do it +2/day

3. Dog Training Daily

• Make a training plan based on up to three specific behaviors +5
  • Set up training board +1
  • Schedule training time +1
  • Record in training log + 1/day
  • Actually train +2/day

One & Done List (+1 each):

• Christmas shopping for core family
  • One thing daily from the Stress List
  • New tires/brakes/spark plugs
  • Other car maintenance
  • New webhosting for business site
  • Revamp budget

I'm leaving for a conference early tomorrow, so you guys won't hear from me again until Monday. Have a nice weekend, everyone!

• Like 6

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

Thanks, guys! @CakeBanisher, I borrowed the One & Done from someone else's challenge, but at this point I don't remember who!

Also, next time I say I'm going to start on a Sunday (particularly after a busy weekend!), you guys need to remind me of this challenge...I got back late Saturday b/c of construction and traffic, and then when I got home from my craft fair on Sunday (and after grocery shopping), the water was off! So I didn't get to prep any food. I don't even have an egg...So I'm going to have to push my dates back by a couple of days (two to be safe b/c today is so not on the plan either...Why are all the pre-packaged hardboiled eggs and plain veggies sold out today???).

I wrote up a basic meal plan, like "meat this week is x and y" and "eat it like this," but not which days to eat what on. That way I don't feel guilty when all I manage is the "protein salad" two or three days in a row...If I happen to start feeling better, I'll probably start trying more complex stuff like actual recipes and such. O.o

I have plans to cook a chicken...a whole chicken, and some skinny-looking steaks called "sizzle steaks." They looked like they'd be quick to cook and good to toss in a salad or with veggies, so I figured, what the heck...I'm also going to try to do this clarified butter stuff and their mayo. I hate mayo, but I do eat it in tuna and chicken salad, so I guess I need it. And then I'm going to make up some hardboiled eggs and a frittata because those seemed safe and easy-ish. I'm going to mix and match all that this week. I think that counts as their "ingredient meal" stuff, and that's basically the level I have time for at this point.

I am down to 193lbs as of this morning, and still at 43" on my belly. Would you believe even just typing those numbers is mind-boggling? I can't believe I didn't notice what was happening to my body all this time. And it's not like I was sitting around gobbling up candy and fast food by the fistful to get here, either. That's hard to deal with.

Anyway, I've been super anxious about this college class I'm doing all weekend (spoilered 'cause long and boring...)

Spoiler

I hate discussion boards. But two students posted on the homework board about people "bringing in outside readings" (Seriously? You don't want people to relate course materials to their other knowledge?) and "just trying to one up each other" (there was none of this either, it was 99% "wow, that's interesting"-type stuff and the remainder was asking questions). And I know they weren't talking about me (and neither was the prof when he responded) because my posts weren't related to either of their complaints (maybe the reading one a little), but I've been ruminating on that all weekend, and it really made everything much less enjoyable.

But then I get to work this morning and find an email from the TA asking me to re-do my post because I "failed to address some points in the rubric." And I'm so confused right now because I used the rubric as my outline...I appreciate the opportunity and everything, but what the heck is going on with this class? And it's not just this assignment. The first quiz we took had a question on it that was impossible to answer correctly based on the readings and lectures we'd done so far...we covered the answer in the very next lesson after the quiz, and sometimes when I'm listening to the lectures I'm sitting there wondering if I missed a reading...but according to all the stuff that's posted, I've done them. This is supposed to be a certificate series, and I really don't think I'm going to be able to complete it at this point. I've got a B in the class, so it's not like I'm failing horrifically, but I have never in my entire life had this much trouble in an academic setting, even when the teacher was a total moron (and I had one in high school who insisted "Anglican" was pronounced "an-gel-i-can"), and I'm seriously starting to wonder if there's something wrong with me...

Anywho. I'm tracking points in my bullet journal thingy, and I'll probably just update those here once a week because I find that part particularly tedious.

Hope you all have had a better start than me!

• Like 2

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

You have a very similar meal planning approach to me.  I just sort of get food for a week or so, and am like "well, I'll eat this in some order over the week" and go with it :)  I also tend to eat exactly the same thing for breakfast every single day, lol.  So sorry about your water!  That's gotta be super annoying :( 

And I'm sooo sorry about your class! :( I have a grad class right now that's somewhat similar, although it isn't discussion board based.  We have our first big exam on Wednesday, and the people who've taken it before are literally just saying "sucks to be you, his tests are totally irrelevant to what you do in class so good luck."  He's also one of the most disorganized professors I've ever had.  Anyway.  Can you ask the TA for additional clarification?  Do they maybe have specific comments, or can tell you which points they're claiming you didn't address?  Or, you know...anything even remotely helpful?  If you have the full syllabus, maybe just read a week in advance to try and mitigate your teachers failures?  

A slow start does not the challenge decide - you have excellent goals, you will totally succeed despite your water and your professor! :) 

• Like 3

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

2 hours ago, CakeBanisher said:

Can you ask the TA for additional clarification?...If you have the full syllabus, maybe just read a week in advance to try and mitigate your teachers failures?

I emailed her back as soon as I saw the message, but haven't heard back yet. They're four time zones from here (I think, definitely at least three), so I'm just...waiting. And after I did today's quiz, I was wondering how feasible reading ahead might be. I'm going to see how much I can manage before I want to pull my hair out. :D

2 hours ago, CakeBanisher said:

A slow start does not the challenge decide

Thank you for the reminder! :)

----

My "Stress List" was mentioned in the One & Done, and I've got a question for you guys. I've written up a list of all the things I could think of that might be (probably are) stressing me out, brainstormed some things I can do that would mitigate the issues, and rated each on a High/Medium/Low scale. My question is should I try to knock the Low things off the list to take some pressure off (they're less mentally-involved, but fairly time-consuming), or should I deal with the High ones first? A mix? Any other ideas? Thanks!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PollyannaAgain said:

My "Stress List" was mentioned in the One & Done, and I've got a question for you guys. I've written up a list of all the things I could think of that might be (probably are) stressing me out, brainstormed some things I can do that would mitigate the issues, and rated each on a High/Medium/Low scale. My question is should I try to knock the Low things off the list to take some pressure off (they're less mentally-involved, but fairly time-consuming), or should I deal with the High ones first? A mix? Any other ideas? Thanks!

If the low-level things are easy but just time consuming, I'd try to set some time aside to clear them off the list. I have trouble with seemingly insignificant things piling up and becoming insurmountable, so taking them out if you can is a good idea. Higher-stress things will generally end up taking more time than you think, and starting only to realize you don't have enough time to deal with the thing fully can be really discouraging. On the other hand, it might be a good idea to get started and just work on them a little at a time. Especially if they're more personal, you'd be surprised at how much "work" you can do between sessions of actively working on the thing; having a record of what you got through last time when you get back to it can be really helpful to get a variety of perspectives on the issue, even if all the perspectives are your own. 

That was a long rambly way of saying "get as much as you can done upfront and work on the rest when life allows, but persistently." 

• Like 2
On 10/23/2017 at 3:02 PM, PollyannaAgain said:

I emailed her back as soon as I saw the message, but haven't heard back yet. They're four time zones from here (I think, definitely at least three), so I'm just...waiting. And after I did today's quiz, I was wondering how feasible reading ahead might be. I'm going to see how much I can manage before I want to pull my hair out. :D

Thank you for the reminder! :)

Okay first *hugs* since I am right where you are. It can be hard when you are doing things completely online and you are waiting on clarification on things. HOpefully you have heard back from the instructor.  I would say, try it. I mean it depends on your workload, but I do it. I have one class where we are allowed to work at our own pace (there are still deadlines for things) but if you want to get ahead it is encouraged. So I work on it, my other class's work for th week comes in, I focus on that, then I go back to the other one. And I have even read ahead a bit (since I know the readings for the entire semester) in the other class if I see that I have extra pages of technical reading that might take longer. I would say, if you can find time to get a few pages done ahead of time, it may be worth it.

On 10/23/2017 at 3:02 PM, PollyannaAgain said:

----

Okay, so here is my thoughts on the stress list. I love the idea and may steal it, but that is besides the point.

I would say knock off what you can. If there are a few things that might take a short amount of time, just do those first. Then work on the high or the low as you have time for them. It may mean making another sorting point of length of time, but if you can knock off a few that are low stress but short time or if you have an afternoon where you can get a longer high stress one done, then I say knock it out.

Does any of that make sesne?

• Like 2

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

Grr. This woman! Respond. To. Your. Students'. Emails! Sheesh. I emailed her again. I'm super upset about this whole deal. I don't know what I did wrong, and she won't answer so I can actually get it fixed and move on. Yeah, TAs are busy, but three days to respond? That's ridiculous.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Stress List, guys. When I made the list originally, it felt really good, but now, every time I look at it, I get more and more upset...I haven't been able to read through the entire thing in one sitting since the day I made it! Thank goodness I rated and brainstormed everything before I put it down that first day. I'm going to skim through and tackle the first "Low" thing I come to, just to get something started.

I did my BAPs yesterday for Focused Flexibility. I hate this phrase, but it's very appropriate--LOL. I did better than I thought, especially on my neck and the back-bending thing, but everything else was pretty low. I'm working on the first and third BAPs for this two week session (I don't know if I'm actually allowed to say what those are?). But anyway. There was that...

And today, I feel like I got hit with a sledgehammer. Seriously wishing I could have called in! I don't know if I can make it until my vacation in November or not. It feels so far away...

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Grr. This woman! Respond. To. Your. Students'. Emails! Sheesh. I emailed her again. I'm super upset about this whole deal. I don't know what I did wrong, and she won't answer so I can actually get it fixed and move on. Yeah, TAs are busy, but three days to respond? That's ridiculous.

Okay, I totally get this. So last spring, I had an instructor I could not get responses from him at all. In fact, after spring break, I finally emailed my other teacher asking if there was any other way to get help since my instructor on my other class was not helpful. Instructor stupid finally emailed back with a note saying it can take 3-5 business days to get a response. to a COMPLETELY ONLINE CLASS. EXCUSE ME?? he kept this up the entire second half of the semester. We also only had about half the points we were told we would have in the syllabus. I ended up going to the department head multiple times. Hopefully you get a response soon. Can you email the instructor if the TA is not responding. I think at this point, you would be okay to do so.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Stress List, guys. When I made the list originally, it felt really good, but now, every time I look at it, I get more and more upset...I haven't been able to read through the entire thing in one sitting since the day I made it! Thank goodness I rated and brainstormed everything before I put it down that first day. I'm going to skim through and tackle the first "Low" thing I come to, just to get something started.

That sounds like a great idea. I do like the idea, but it can get overwhelming. Hopefully you got a few things knocked off.

I did my BAPs yesterday for Focused Flexibility. I hate this phrase, but it's very appropriate--LOL. I did better than I thought, especially on my neck and the back-bending thing, but everything else was pretty low. I'm working on the first and third BAPs for this two week session (I don't know if I'm actually allowed to say what those are?). But anyway. There was that...

And today, I feel like I got hit with a sledgehammer. Seriously wishing I could have called in! I don't know if I can make it until my vacation in November or not. It feels so far away...

Feel better.

• Like 1

Friday! Finally!

I finally heard back from the TA after I emailed her again. The assignment was graded last night, but I'm not going to look at the grade because I'm feeling more energetic and less sad this morning, and I don't want anything to ruin that.

I downloaded 7 Cups where you can talk to "listeners" about what's troubling you. I haven't worked up the courage to talk to anyone yet, but they have some exercises you can do on your own. Not as in depth or as many as I had hoped for, but it's good for now. I felt bad burdening my friend with some of the stuff I'm going through because he's also having a rough patch. Sometimes, I feel like all we ever talk about is me. I've been making a conscious effort not to bring up any of my issues or to sound too sad about things he asks about, and to talk more about what he's up to. I feel like I've been dumping a lot on him, though he did point out that he's usually the one to turn the conversation in that direction. He likes to fix things, but it still makes me feel guilty. Last night, we had a nice conversation that was more like what we used to have, and it was very refreshing. :) 

The Whole30 is not going well...and by that I mean, I'm basically starting over each day (and thus adding another day on to the end...). I didn't prepare enough (food or mentality-wise) for this week, sadly. I figured I would probably wind up doing a Whole60 or so anyways, but I'd like that 60 to start sooner, rather than later. But tomorrow is a new day! (Yes, I already messed it up for today with my breakfast...)

I've been secretly doing the Ranger mini, though I guess it's not a secret now...Anywho. I'm working on the last list for the week today--things you don't like about yourself. O.o It aligned, oddly enough, with the chapter in my animal behavior textbook about communication and signals, and then annoyingly, the audiobook I started listening to joined both those things together to point out that maybe I've been running people off instead of trying to bring them to me...I haven't figured out what to do with this information yet though.

Only one chapter left of my readings for my Animal Behavior class too, by the way. Then I just have to listen to...three more lectures *sobs*...I was pleased to find that coloring, which I despise, actually lets me concentrate on the lectures, so I bought a coloring book and have been working through it each lecture. I might finish the reading today, so I can focus on chugging through all those lectures next week.

But that reading and another discussion post are the only serious things I'm doing today. After that, I'm going to crack open a nice smutty romance novel and pray that I have enough stock for tomorrow's fair! (I probably do, people don't buy as much in the town I'm headed to).

• Like 3

On 10/27/2017 at 8:05 AM, PollyannaAgain said:

Friday! Finally!

I finally heard back from the TA after I emailed her again. The assignment was graded last night, but I'm not going to look at the grade because I'm feeling more energetic and less sad this morning, and I don't want anything to ruin that.

Well, hopefully the grade isn't as bad as you think. And hopefully you kept the energetic and less sad feeling.

I downloaded 7 Cups where you can talk to "listeners" about what's troubling you. I haven't worked up the courage to talk to anyone yet, but they have some exercises you can do on your own. Not as in depth or as many as I had hoped for, but it's good for now. I felt bad burdening my friend with some of the stuff I'm going through because he's also having a rough patch. Sometimes, I feel like all we ever talk about is me. I've been making a conscious effort not to bring up any of my issues or to sound too sad about things he asks about, and to talk more about what he's up to. I feel like I've been dumping a lot on him, though he did point out that he's usually the one to turn the conversation in that direction. He likes to fix things, but it still makes me feel guilty. Last night, we had a nice conversation that was more like what we used to have, and it was very refreshing. :) 

*hugs* I know how those relationships can be. They like to fix things and while its hard when there is nothing they can do, listening to others problems help. I have never heard of 7 Cups but I can see where it would help. Hopefully you can keep having good conversations with your friend.

The Whole30 is not going well...and by that I mean, I'm basically starting over each day (and thus adding another day on to the end...). I didn't prepare enough (food or mentality-wise) for this week, sadly. I figured I would probably wind up doing a Whole60 or so anyways, but I'd like that 60 to start sooner, rather than later. But tomorrow is a new day! (Yes, I already messed it up for today with my breakfast...)

Eventually it will stick. Or maybe you should start with just getting one meal or half a day to work first, then worry about the whole day.

I've been secretly doing the Ranger mini, though I guess it's not a secret now...Anywho. I'm working on the last list for the week today--things you don't like about yourself. O.o It aligned, oddly enough, with the chapter in my animal behavior textbook about communication and signals, and then annoyingly, the audiobook I started listening to joined both those things together to point out that maybe I've been running people off instead of trying to bring them to me...I haven't figured out what to do with this information yet though.

The ranger mini was rough this week. And I understand the secret not so secret mini. hopefully your feeling better and can see some ways to use the information in front of you.

Only one chapter left of my readings for my Animal Behavior class too, by the way. Then I just have to listen to...three more lectures *sobs*...I was pleased to find that coloring, which I despise, actually lets me concentrate on the lectures, so I bought a coloring book and have been working through it each lecture. I might finish the reading today, so I can focus on chugging through all those lectures next week.

I think this is a great idea. I don't get lectures right now (just more reading in the terms of notes) but I may try it once I get some lectures.

But that reading and another discussion post are the only serious things I'm doing today. After that, I'm going to crack open a nice smutty romance novel and pray that I have enough stock for tomorrow's fair! (I probably do, people don't buy as much in the town I'm headed to).

Hopefully the fair and the homework went well. I know how nice it is to be able to say "and I am done for the day"

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 7:05 AM, PollyannaAgain said:

downloaded 7 Cups where you can talk to "listeners" about what's troubling you. I haven't worked up the courage to talk to anyone yet, but they have some exercises you can do on your own.

There’s an app for this?! That’s so cool! I’ll have to look into this. I hope it helps you! 

On 10/27/2017 at 7:05 AM, PollyannaAgain said:

But that reading and another discussion post are the only serious things I'm doing today. After tha

Good for you!! I need to do that more... knowing your limits and when you need a break is so important. 

Sorry my quotes are being screwy, but hopefully you get the idea!

sounds like you have a lot going on and I’m sending happy thoughts through the series of tubes that make up the Internet. I hope class this week is better than last with that silly TA. 

As for “starting over” each day, when I realize I’m in that cycle, it’s usually bc I’ve bitten off more than I can chew for the current circumstances. Maybe take a baby step first? When I don’t get a chance to properly prepare, it always throws me off. So on those days I try to eat one meal or snack healthily. I’ve also started to stash healthy protein bars in my purse, backpack, car, etc so I don’t feel like I’m falling off track. It helps me keep motivated and maintaining momentum. I dunno if that helps but... good luck! 

• Like 1

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

On 10/29/2017 at 8:25 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Eventually it will stick. Or maybe you should start with just getting one meal or half a day to work first, then worry about the whole day.

22 minutes ago, durfette said:

As for “starting over” each day, when I realize I’m in that cycle, it’s usually bc I’ve bitten off more than I can chew for the current circumstances. Maybe take a baby step first? When I don’t get a chance to properly prepare, it always throws me off. So on those days I try to eat one meal or snack healthily. I’ve also started to stash healthy protein bars in my purse, backpack, car, etc so I don’t feel like I’m falling off track. It helps me keep motivated and maintaining momentum. I dunno if that helps but... good luck! 

Technically, to call it a Whole30, you've got to be 100% on the plan all day, or you basically start over the next day and add another day to the end of the thing because they want you to have 30 consecutive days without certain foods. It's supposed to give your guts time to adjust/heal, and then when it's over, you add one off-limit food back in at a time to see if it messes with you. But I think you guys are right, and I'm going to have to adjust this challenge to be "Prepare for a Whole30" instead of do! Breakfast has really been my tripping up spot, so I'm going to start there in regards to prepping things, and otherwise just shoot for making every new meal better than the last.

I tackled a few small things on my Stress List! I discovered this weekend that I can actually read through it when I'm not stressed out...or at least minimally stressed, anyway! I downloaded some audiobooks and set up a thing so I can listen to podcasts in my car. Driving is very stressful for me, both due to all the other cars on the road and to the amount of time I'm in the car (2 hours minimum/day during the week). I thought making use of that time to learn might help. I also updated my music playlist for when I just want to listen to that. The only things remaining on that are to get a new pair of sunglasses (old ones vanished...) and to put this back massage cushion in that my sister got me. It heats up, which helps a lot with my back pain. Probably won't use the massage setting though. Knowing me, I'd think there was something wrong with my car!

• Like 3

Polly! Hola! 

I caught up on your writings.

Got a few things to say:

1. How are the pups?

2. Sorry to hear about the online class.  Sounds stressful.

3. The Whole30!!!???  Nice.   It is hard. I like how she says "being addicted to herion and quoting that is hard, having a baby is hard, but stop putting sugar in your coffee is not hard." Now I may have murdered that quote, but you get the point. ANYWAY! I have done it twice, and I'm sorry to say, it's not that it's hard, it's difficult.  The first time I got to day 24 ( my long time friend invited me to a cute Chinese restaurant and the Brussels sprouts I ordered was smothered in soysauce and sugar, they were soooooo good, hehe)

and the second I got to day 10. I didn't have The "oomph" 

but its worth it. I used to have to have chocolate every day, now I rarely crave it. Some wines to me are so sweet it's easier for me to say "no thank you"

But the biggest thing it did was gave me energy. Made me realize what foods crash me and what doesn't. I've always had chronic fatigue. And I've never been a morning person, by day 13 I was waking up.... awake. 

anywho, this isn't about me, it's about you! 

Good luck to all your stresses. You sound like your already hacking at them!

• Like 4

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

48 minutes ago, Butternut said:

3. The Whole30!!!???  Nice.   It is hard. I like how she says "being addicted to herion and quoting that is hard, having a baby is hard, but stop putting sugar in your coffee is not hard." Now I may have murdered that quote, but you get the point. ANYWAY! I have done it twice, and I'm sorry to say, it's not that it's hard, it's difficult.  The first time I got to day 24 ( my long time friend invited me to a cute Chinese restaurant and the Brussels sprouts I ordered was smothered in soysauce and sugar, they were soooooo good, hehe)

and the second I got to day 10. I didn't have The "oomph" 

Hi! I haven't gotten to the "hard" part yet! Though, I guess I may have since just starting something can be really difficult sometimes, and for me with food--always! Cross your fingers for me. I could use more oomph!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Technically, to call it a Whole30, you've got to be 100% on the plan all day, or you basically start over the next day and add another day to the end of the thing because they want you to have 30 consecutive days without certain foods. It's supposed to give your guts time to adjust/heal, and then when it's over, you add one off-limit food back in at a time to see if it messes with you. But I think you guys are right, and I'm going to have to adjust this challenge to be "Prepare for a Whole30" instead of do! Breakfast has really been my tripping up spot, so I'm going to start there in regards to prepping things, and otherwise just shoot for making every new meal better than the last.

I think this is a  good idea. yes, it will take longer to get you through all of it, but it also helps you get ready for it. Hopefully this will make things slightly easier so you can get use to the idea before doing it all.

21 hours ago, PollyannaAgain said:

I tackled a few small things on my Stress List! I discovered this weekend that I can actually read through it when I'm not stressed out...or at least minimally stressed, anyway! I downloaded some audiobooks and set up a thing so I can listen to podcasts in my car. Driving is very stressful for me, both due to all the other cars on the road and to the amount of time I'm in the car (2 hours minimum/day during the week). I thought making use of that time to learn might help. I also updated my music playlist for when I just want to listen to that. The only things remaining on that are to get a new pair of sunglasses (old ones vanished...) and to put this back massage cushion in that my sister got me. It heats up, which helps a lot with my back pain. Probably won't use the massage setting though. Knowing me, I'd think there was something wrong with my car!

Yay for tackling the list. I know if I look at my List of Doom when already stressed and overwhelm, it doesn't go well. But if you look at it when your better, it can help to see what you can tick off. I understand the commute. I don't have as long of one (well, at one stretch, if you add up all my driving, maybe) but Hubby does, so I know how much it can throw the world off. I know he loves the audiobooks in the car, so hopefully that helps.

and the massager, I would probably think the same thing "when did my car develop that weird shake." LOL

downloaded some audiobooks and set up a thing so I can listen to podcasts in my car.

This is what I do too! I usually get funny ones instead of ones that teach me something since most of the time I need to give my brain a rest. Good for you seeking out educational stuff! I’m a big big fan of podcasts and audiobooks. They’re lifesavers. 

• Like 2

Do the best you can until you know better. When you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)

Current Challenge

Previous I

19 minutes ago, durfette said:

Hey @PollyannaAgainhow’s it going? How was your week? :) 

It's going! The week was okay. I was a bit down through most of last week, but this is the last week before my vacation, so I'm feeling pretty good right now! :) 

My sister and I took the pups to the pet store and the park this weekend. Neither was as enjoyable as they usually are. Both places were very crowded, and at the pet store, my dog kept barking at any other dog she saw. :( She did get to make friends with a cute little puppy, but only because I was able to get the woman's attention and ask for a meet & greet before my pup started barking. The others that we encountered were too far away for me to get their attention in time. It's frustrating for both of us because I can't get her to stop which is embarrassing, and she never gets to meet them because, well, would you want to let your dog approach one that's barking like a maniac? Anyway. I'm researching what to do about it now. I want her to be able to make doggy friends if that's what she wants (pretty sure it is since she doesn't bark when she gets to greet the other dog). Plus, it'll be awfully hard to attend our training workshops next year if she won't quit barking!

• Like 2