Gemma off the edge; here be dragons

Gemma

19 hours ago, Gemma said:

In happier news, I did maintain my already-well-established habits, so I'm taking that as more evidence that if I can just get a thing to have a dedicated, non-negotiable spot in my daily routine, and hold it there for a month or so, it can remain stable even when I get easily distracted by shiny objects.

Great realization!

giphy.gif

Chimichanga

Level 3

Mercenary

Start/reboot:

• Track The Macros!  5/28 (still light on the protein!) 
  • Prayer journal 5/28 
  • Write 1k words/day 3/28 (no, but I spent two hours setting up kickoff-day word sprints for my region for tomorrow, so whatever. Tomorrow is game ON!) 

Keep on keepin' on with:

• weight training 3 days/week with Starting Strength coach4/12
  • maintain mediation streak  9/28 (Headspace streak - 62)
  • maintain French practice streak 9/28 (Duolingo streak - 98)
  • IMG%5D

• Like 3

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Read Harder Challenge                                                                                                                                        

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

You streaking up a storm!!!

59f9a1c26cb8f_ScreenShot2017-11-01at6_26_22AM.png.aa7dc56d44024a5d29a784afaa897957.png

• Haha 5

“Writing is thinking. To write well is to think clearly. That's why it's so hard."

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

2018 Level-Up Plans                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Battle Log

On 11/7/2017 at 7:23 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

Any writing updates? 

Ah, yes, thanks for keeping me honest. I've been neglecting the forums ... but as of today: 

Start/reboot:

• Track The Macros!  5/28 (I've pretty much epic-failed at this, can not seem to remember to do it. And as for trying to limit calories ... yeah, that's not really working out the way I planned. I was tired all the time, pooping out halfway through workouts, and gained four pounds anyways. So new plan = eat as much as I'm hungry for and buy a bigger damn dress for the ball. Give the one I can't fit into without bulging to the thrift shop. Someone out there is that size without being miserable for it, let her have it!) 
  • Prayer journal 5/28 (Too much to add during NaNo. Try again next month.)
  • Write 1k words/day 12/28 (been pretty much kicking NaNo butt since kickoff day, although I can feel the Week Two doldrums lurking at the edge of my consciousness. No big worries, I've conquered Week Two before.) 

Current NaNo wordcount: 17484
    5a036eebca4d7_ScreenShot2017-11-08at3_51_25PM.png.177e39ae3c951a20b108841c9d8e83e1.png

Keep on keepin' on with:

• weight training 3 days/week with Starting Strength coach: 8/12
  • maintain mediation streak  16/28 (Headspace streak - 70)
  • maintain French practice streak 16/28 (Duolingo streak - 106)

• Like 4

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

So yesterday I had the most awesomest workout of ever in my whole history of workingoutingness- 

drg_frigg.gif

I woke up with a BEAUTIFUL combination barometric/neck spasm headache and just generally felt like I'd got hit by a truck. As little as a few months ago, if I'd'a woke up feeling like that I'd'a just texted my coach with a "nope, sorry, can't" copout message. 

But I didn't do that. 

And I wound up squatting 95# for 3x3 - which I have actually squatted before, prior to this last reset, but the last time I did it the squats looked like ... well, let's put it this way, my coach was saying things like "that's okay, don't worry about it, we just want you under the bar at that weight, it'll get better" 

It got better. They looked good yesterday - proper depth, no pitching forward, no chest caving, almost no valgus collapse. 

Coach sez Monday I'm going to squat 100#. Holy spit, three digits y'all. On the back of an ol' lady who could not squat an empty bar five months ago. 

Then I benched 95# for doubles, which was my 1RM two weeks ago.

Then I deadlifted. 

Then I came home and marinated in Epsom salts forever, because daaaayyuummmm, my DOMS wasn't even delayed. But still. 

Happydance!

tcex6gD.gif

• Track The Macros!  5/28  
  • Prayer journal 5/28 
  • Write 1k words/day 14/28  (Current NaNoWriMo count 21,777, 4theWords streak 7 days)

• weight training 3 days/week with Starting Strength coach: 9/12
  • maintain mediation streak  21/28 (Headspace streak - 73)
  • maintain French practice streak 21/28 (Duolingo streak - 109)

• Like 1

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor

On 11/11/2017 at 7:17 AM, Gemma said:

I woke up with a BEAUTIFUL combination barometric/neck spasm headache and just generally felt like I'd got hit by a truck. As little as a few months ago, if I'd'a woke up feeling like that I'd'a just texted my coach with a "nope, sorry, can't" copout message. 

But I didn't do that. 

And I wound up squatting 95# for 3x3 - which I have actually squatted before, prior to this last reset, but the last time I did it the squats looked like ... well, let's put it this way, my coach was saying things like "that's okay, don't worry about it, we just want you under the bar at that weight, it'll get better" 

It got better. They looked good yesterday - proper depth, no pitching forward, no chest caving, almost no valgus collapse. 

Coach sez Monday I'm going to squat 100#. Holy spit, three digits y'all. On the back of an ol' lady who could not squat an empty bar five months ago. 

Then I benched 95# for doubles, which was my 1RM two weeks ago.

Look at all those personal bests that you knocked out of the park even while having a shit day! That is definitely kicking ass and taking names. All the reasons why consistency is king, getting into the gym even when we don't feel like it. 

On 11/11/2017 at 7:17 AM, Gemma said:

Then I came home and marinated in Epsom salts forever, because daaaayyuummmm, my DOMS wasn't even delayed. But still. 

lollz 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Time to Burn this Challenge DOWN!!!!!! 

tumblr_oo0zuv8hzI1sz5v4do4_500.gif

• Track The Macros!  5/28  
  • Prayer journal 5/28 
  • Write 1k words/day 27/28: I am calling this a win even though I only wrote enough yesterday to keep my 4TheWords streak alive. That was a conscious and deliberate choice, because yesterday was nonstop. I proctored a final exam in the morning (which I still have to grade, bleh), then moved the last of my stuff into my new office, then had to come home and do an irrational amount of nails/makeup/generally girliness-themed primping for the Marine Corps Ball last night. So fitting in the 444 words I needed to keep the streak up = plenty! 
    I ***WAS*** way ahead of the game for NaNoWriMo. The past couple days have been less productive but I had enough cushion that I am still on track. Plus I am taking the rest of the month as a writing/catch-up-with-house-stuff staycation, so plenty of time to win this year, no worries  - whoo hoo! 

wfW_SPbwpm0vGP9VpMQZbU15qFTg_4zPTZavLJnj

• weight training 3 days/week with Starting Strength coach: 11/12 - I did NOT work out yesterday, but again conscious choice (see above re: Marine Corps Ball)
  • maintain mediation streak  28/28 (Headspace streak - 80)
  • maintain French practice streak 28/28 (Duolingo streak - 116)

Y7I7FyNcya6FAaMC758Bi3eLyQ1APT4WW1uqqEPc                                      mcvSaFSSEXklfU9oNM5WnhGJVXT-3jXrWNed_zLX

So - once again I took on too much (story of my life, furrealz), but once I modified it for realisticalness I think - that went well.

Next challenge I'll be back to more specifically Warriorizing, moving confidently in the direction of my 200# deadlift: now with added creatine (since I'm no longer trying to stay lean/unbloated to look whatever in a ball gown). 

This was fun :) 

tenor.gif?itemid=8952590

• Like 1

-David McCullough

2018 Walk to Mordor