Hey I'm new how's it going

What is up, y'all, I just joined yesterday and as part of my first week of quests I figured out some of my "Big Why" stuff and I wanted to share with the class. Some background information about me: I'm a 25-year-old woman.. ish? I don't fully identify as really either a man or a woman but since I've got this afab body and people assume I'm a woman based on my appearance, I usually just roll with it. While I'm probably not fat enough to call myself "fat," I've been pretty solidly chubby since high school or so, and my weight has been slowly climbing since then. I've exercised only sporadically my whole life and I don't pay a lot of attention to what I eat, except when I decide to get skinny and starve myself for a month, and then give up and go back to not paying attention to what I eat. I'm a programmer and so I spend a lot of hours sitting on my ass. It's what I love to do but it doesn't lend itself to a healthy lifestyle without some effort.

Right so anyways here is my capital-m Motivation. As you can see these aren't all totally serious but I have to start with light, funny thoughts before I can convince myself to dig deeper, and also sometimes you have to laugh so you don't cry. Haha. Anyways here it goes:

• I'm always saying stuff like "I want a girl who can bench press me" but like what if I was a girl who could bench press me? Be the big muscle girl you want to see in the world.
  • I want to not be anxious about the way I look on top of all the other things I'm anxious about on a daily basis.
  • I'm just tired of not feeling good about myself! It's bullshit!!
  • I want to outlive all the people I hate.
  • I want to somehow show my mom that she doesn't need to be on a shitty diet and literally never have fun (which is what she's been doing lately) in order to be healthy and fit. I don't know if getting myself in shape will do that (she will probably say some shit like "oh it worked for you because you are so young, wait till you are in your fifties," despite that I have never previously been in shape, even as a teen) but it can at least be a start.
  • I want to be able to walk into the gym and feel like I belong there, not like a poser who will quit after a week.
  • Like 1

Catfolk; Level 1 Ranger

Welcome @Khajiit!! I love your attitude and you've got some great reasons for getting in shape - I'm so glad you found your way here to chase your goals with us!

Have you had a chance to look around and explore the guilds yet? Since you mentioned bench pressing, it sounds like you might be a good fit for the Warriors or my own guild family, the Rangers! Feel free to check out the NF Beginner Guide book to learn about the guilds and what their specializations are, so you can find your best fit!

Also, tomorrow we will be starting a new 4-week challenge cycle - every month (with a rest week in between), we set smallish goals for ourselves that move us a bit closer to our Big Goals, and then we record our progress or maintenance on challenge threads. If you know some things you're ready to work toward, you are more than welcome to jump in and create a challenge of your own!

Here is the guide to how the challenges work and what they're all about:

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/help.html/4-week-challenges/challenge-instructions-and-faq/

Again, welcome to the Rebellion and I'm so glad you're here! Please feel free to reach out to me if I can help you in any way - I want to see you be successful!!  :) 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Thanks, y'all!

@SkyGirl I've actually decided on the Rangers; I want to be Big and Strong but also Fast, plus running and hiking are things that I already know I enjoy, unlike lifting which I haven't actually tried yet. Haha. Thanks for the links! I think I am going to sit this challenge out; maybe watch what others are doing so I can get a feel for what I should do, and I'll jump in on the next one. :) 

Catfolk; Level 1 Ranger