• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Bullet Journal Accountability Group

A Bullet Journal Accountability group you say...

This group might be for you if you do any of the following.

Do you enjoy writing down the things you accomplish? Do you track your exercise, sleep, or water? Do you need to write down dates and times in order to remember them? Do you feel that most planners are not flexible enough for your daily needs? Do you make thousands of to do lists? 

hUFSjhb.jpg?1

My intentions for this group are sort of shown in the above picture. My plan is to post some resources I've found helpful, encourage others to share what's been successful for them, post weekly bujo prompts, and have a place where other bujo enthusiast can post pictures, ask questions, get help or just get ideas on what to do. So if this sounds like something you might enjoy or you already bujo and you have knowledge to share, please join in! 

If you want to join please post a short introduction and a link to your current challenge. :) 

Group Members & Challenge Links

1. Jonesy

2. Karinajean

3. Katrin aka Morag

4. Starpuck

5. Elena aka Artenara Jones

6. Super Starling!

7. Daryl of Barbaria

8. Kathleen's Adventure

9. NightWatcher13

10. Chris aka Ryuu

11. The Shogun

12. Machete

We are not capped at 10 just added the numbers because I didn't want to count each time. Lol

• Like 2

FAQ

What is a Bullet Journal? 

An analog system for keeping track of to do lists, collections, and notes. It can be a diary and a sketch book, pretty much anything you want it to be. 

Who created the Bullet Journal? 

Ryder Carroll at BulletJournal.com

How do I start a bullet journal? 

It's as easy as picking up a writing instrument and a notebook. The best beginner example on how to start a bullet journal can be found at bulletjournal.com. I'll list more resources below. 

Resources 

Getting started:

Ryder Carroll - Bullet Journal : Getting Started

Kim - Tiny Ray of Sunshine : Thorough Guide to the Bullet Journal System

Kara - Boho Berry : Bullet Journal 101 Archives

Buzzfeed : Bullet Journal Explained

Shelby - Little Coffee Fox : Ultimate Bullet Journal Guide

Tools

Books

Any notebook you have :) 

Leuchtturm1917 A5 Notebooks

Moleskine Notebooks

Rhodia A5 Dot Grid

Essentials Grid-lined Notebook, A5

Hobonichi Techo

Pens

Any pen you have :) 

Staedtler Triplus Fineliners

Tombow Dual Brush Pens

Fountain Pens

Papermate Flair

Sakura Micron

Mildliners

Misc. 

Ruler

Washi Tape

White Out

Watercolors

Post It Tabs

• Like 1

My name is Jonesy. I've been on Nerd Fitness for about 5 years and have never started an accountability group before. I started a bullet journal in 2016 after being disappointed that I couldn't find the planner I wanted. I still struggle with daily use and overcoming my fear of messing up a page. It's a work in progress as is my challenge. I'm back to building habits since I've let them relax way too much. 

• Like 2

Hey! I love the idea of bujos. I use what I call a #hobobujo, which is a bullet journal KIND OF in a dated diary called a hobonichi that just has really nice paper and is totally cute. I do a combo list / task / goals tracking bujo in there plus a more daily diary.

This challenge I'm trying to get back to my workout roots, which are to write down every week what I'm going to do and when on a calendar, and then check things off as I do them. I haven't been doing this well for most of the year and honestly, I'm not hitting my goals because of it!

• Like 2

Hey this is a good place you started here.

My name is Katrin (and Morag on the forums here). I have a passion for bujo's and keeping my mind run smooth by putting schtuff down on paper so the noise in my head quiets down. At least a little.

I journal. Calling it bullet journaling, eeehhhh, it started there, I started there... but it's a gray area for me. Or... a colourful one...

I have tables tracking things, and I doodle, and I collage, and I write (not-always-)morning-pages and I take notes during meetings, and I make lists. The lists have bullet points. Usually.

I don't do yearly and monthly calendar-like things because those just don't work for me, or haven't yet, anyway.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/103775-Morag-creating-metal-slag---one-way-or-another

My challenge is overhere and I'd really, really like to hang out and inspire and be inspired.

NF-cross-pollination for the win!!

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 3

My bullet journal has been collecting dust, so here I am.

Hi, I'm Zeroh, and I started a bullet journal back in February, just using things I had laying around. Then in May, I upgraded to a dot grid journal that should be all filled up around the end of the year.

• Like 1

Oh oh oh!   Hi!  Me please!

Starpuck here!  I love lists and always write down things I need to do and want to do, and try to track and ... I'm notorious for always buying new notebooks to start over, and then I found the Arc / Tul style notebooks and they are amaze!  But, but, but, this time around, I actually got a proper BuJo for tracking my main big nerdy adventure stuff in!    I've been here at NF since 2013, and I do a bunch of stuff, (Hah, RangerBrain) so having the BuJo really helps.  My biggest struggle is keeping up with it from Thu night through Sun which is like... if my weeks were oceans, those days are definitely deadly waters.

Here's my current challenge, with a BuJo tracking style I decided to try and am super geeked about!

I'm allllllways looking for new ideas on layouts and stuff, so, I'm glad we've got this going!  Thanks @Jonesy!

• Like 2

Heeey Everyone,

I'm Elena, and here I go by the battle name Artenara Jones and I'm going through my first challenge. You can read about it here:

Karina Jean talked to me about this group because I mentioned I used my bullet journal to track my meals. I've just started using a bujo, so I'm stilll figuring out what works for me. I got into them because my life is kind of random and I have ADD, so I really needed a planner flexible enough to cope with that lol.

Anyway, I thought it would be cool to join this group to share and learn. See you soon! :)

• Like 2

Image result for habits

Weekly Prompt #1 : Building Habits through Tracking

For the first week of the challenge, I want each of us to create a tracker. You can track whatever you want and however you want. Once you have figured out what you want to track/how you are going to track it, I want you to think about how you can make tracking a habit. If you have already created a tracker, since it is the end of October, show us what you have already done! 

How are you going to remind yourself to track? Are you going to set time aside to do it or mark it complete right as you complete it? Think of what will work for you and if you don't know, try out a few different options. Just make sure you remember to track. :)

If you already make tracking a habit, what are your tips for keeping it going? What struggles have you run into and succeeded at overcoming?

Tracking Examples : Water, Exercise, Reading Progress, Home Projects, Challenge Progress, etc

• Like 4

So for tracking, I've decided to track my challenge progress. I always start out strong tracking habits and then forget around week 3. I want to push past that!  

g8ygp6Y.jpg

My plan is to check in with my tracker between 9pm - 10pm since I'm supposed to be going to bed before 11pm. In order to build the habit, I set an alarm for 9pm as a reminder!

• Like 4

I'm in.

I'm Daryl, and I'm completely new to this Bullet Journal thing. I've been in the habit of keeping lists in a small, pocket-sized notebook. Lately this has been used only to track daily meds, meditation, and my parkour workouts throughout a week. Somewhere along the way I got away from making other kinds of lists. My list-making could really use a face-lift. I think the BuJo is worth a shot.

I acquired a brand new notebook to use for this challenge. Bigger than my usual pocket notebook, but not as big as a full-size notebook. As I am new to this who BuJo thing, it will likely take me a while to get used to it.

First things first, I have to set my challenge up before I can do anything else. I'll post it here once it's up and running.

• Like 3

Given my recent dentist adventure, I've decided I need to form a new habit even though it's not necessarily one of my challenge goals this time around.  Still, I came up with a good comparison for my story-based challenge so it fits!

Weapon Care and Armor Mending!

A successful adventurer must keep their weapons in good shape with daily care!    So, each sword is 14 boxes long, and I fill in a square every time I do a night time brushing routine.      The mended armor is making sure all the pieces are stitched together and in good care, and nothing is stuck between the leather flaps.   This is my flossing regime.  (Which was non-existent up to this point.)    Starting off with aiming to floss at least four times a week, so each shoulder is a week, then the armor bases each have four spots to fill in.   Extra days of flossing will fill in all the finer details.   Tada!

9puZo5p.jpg

And of course, my actual challenge goals are all tracked on the left side with my hunting down the artifact for the cloaked man!

• Like 6

Mid-Week Check Up

How is everyone's challenge going? For your Bujo, are you making progress or do you have any questions? Do you recommend any trackers or which ones are your favorite for building habits?

Tracking Examples

Self-Care Tracker

Making the Most of Habit Tracking

8 Habit Tracker Ideas

Motivational Quotes 

Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it. Horace Mann

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. Will Durant 

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Jim Rohn

• Like 1

Hi :) got a suggestion from @karinajean to stop in here for Bujo help and ideas :) I just found out about these recently from "How To ADHD" on YouTube, and started using one a week or two ago - so far it's been super helpful, and easier for me to use than most planners I've tried to use (sooooo many dead planners...)
My challenge is here : 

• Like 3

Welcome newcomers!     Hihoooo Bujoooooo!  And away!

Or something like that.

So my BuJo is going fine as a use for tracking the habits, but I can't seem to get into a groove with using it daily for other stuff.    Part of it is fearing 'mistakes'.   The other part is just not knowing what to write in there daily.

All the main tracking is being down with the map layout! 

Sooo not sure what to do on a daily, or even semi-daily thing.    I could make a page to keep track of the things I need to work on for my D&D game... hmmmm, just not sure hehe.

• Like 1