• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Bullet Journal Accountability Group

Recommended Posts

I AM LAAAAAAATE.

I mean, not for this group, but It's a goal in my challenge to make a plan for each week and it's WEDNESDAY and I have no plan. I'll take some time and figure it out.

 

I'm trying to decide what I need to do to draw out my goals in the bujo for a challenge tracker, but still have a calendar for planning. I think I am going to have to draw the 4 weeks in there too and just try and make it fit.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone! My name is Chris or Ryuu on here and  I just found this group and love my Bojo for keeping track of my challenges and other stuff. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out the best way to get a picture onto the forums lol. (tips?) 

 

Here is my current challenge :D 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

I still haven't gotten my BuJo off the ground yet. Work has me out of town for a few days for training. I expect I will get some time in the evenings to get this thing rolling. 

 

What's the plan? 

 

18 hours ago, karinajean said:

I AM LAAAAAAATE.

I mean, not for this group, but It's a goal in my challenge to make a plan for each week and it's WEDNESDAY and I have no plan. I'll take some time and figure it out.

 

I'm trying to decide what I need to do to draw out my goals in the bujo for a challenge tracker, but still have a calendar for planning. I think I am going to have to draw the 4 weeks in there too and just try and make it fit.

 

The tracker can be anything you want! To me, I think your calendar is a tracker in itself. If not you can always use the edges of the calendar for tracking spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Starpuck said:

So my BuJo is going fine as a use for tracking the habits, but I can't seem to get into a groove with using it daily for other stuff.    Part of it is fearing 'mistakes'.   The other part is just not knowing what to write in there daily.

 

All the main tracking is being down with the map layout! 

Sooo not sure what to do on a daily, or even semi-daily thing.    I could make a page to keep track of the things I need to work on for my D&D game... hmmmm, just not sure hehe.

 

 

I've tried a bunch of different ways of tracking and I finally figured out that I like "going with the flow" for daily stuff. I used to draw out a whole week's layout and felt like I wasted too much space. It always looked good but wasted space I could use for other stuff. I just never knew what to add to fill up the space. Now I add a quote, or a doodle that reminds me of that day. My examples below.

 

As for mistakes, one word, pencil. I do almost everything first in a pencil that is either HB or a lower H pencil. If you make a mistake after you add ink, there is always white out. Or just embrace the mistake, which has taken me a year to do. Haha.

 

Structured layout example :

xv8DAW2.png

 

Go with the Flow everyday example : 

O5cuOse.png

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @Ryuu1011! I've found that imgur is the easiest for uploading and then copying the link for the forums. I used to use photobucket but the adds and lag time on that site makes it unusable. 

 

I love your challenge tracker and how you added the extra level of color coding as well. I may steal that in the future. :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Shogun said:

Hey! I'm a BUJOist, too! Mine got featured in the NF instagram account and I even got @RedStone to start one! Who do we have to sleep with to get in here?

 

Bujorgy? That sounds wrong but so much fun! 

 

Welcome!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Shogun said:

 

YAAAAY!

 

What do I do, now?

 

Well we linked our current challenges, if you want support there. 

 

For week 1, I asked about trackers and forming habits. Do you track daily, do you use a tracker for just challenges, or do you track monthly to form a habit? What have you discovered works for you and if you have been doing it for a while, what sort of advice do you have for those who are just starting? If you track daily, what is your bujo ritual? If you want to share your pages, please do. We always love seeing what others come up with. :) 

 

And as always, if you have questions, ask away! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:27 AM, Jonesy said:

Motivational Quotes 

Habit is a cable; we weave a thread of it each day, and at last we cannot break it. Horace Mann

 

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. Will Durant 

 

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Jim Rohn

Wah! I really needed this. I will be following and I LOOOOOVE the idea, but have no time right now to do this properly. I have started about 17 Bujo but never passed 1 week with one... Will cheer you on! and I loved all the reference materials. Thank you so much for sharing them!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Starpuck said:

So my BuJo is going fine as a use for tracking the habits, but I can't seem to get into a groove with using it daily for other stuff.    Part of it is fearing 'mistakes'.  

 

I use Frixion pens for everything. That way I can always erase. (Just don't write super sensitive info you have never to forget, because it erases in heat too.)

Frixion SAVES me on a daily basis when I study since I make so many mistakes and can erase ad infinitem... Changed my life.

They come in all color (I love the dark blue!) and shapes (pencils, pointball, felt tips, highlighters) so you should be able to find something to fit your style.

Only drawback is that they use up pretty fast, so think about buying recharges once you have a color/shape that you like!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Bujorgy? That sounds wrong but so much fun! 

Bwuahahaha.

 

That sounds perfect.   I am picturing pics of people on the floor, surrounding by delightfully created BuJos!  Hahahaha.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do sketch notes/ visual note taking in addition to BuJoing when ever I have to actually take notes like at a conference or something (I'll post some pictures when I get home from one of my note books) and the easiest way that I found to get over that fear of messing up the page is to draw a simple boarder (like a plain line)  around the page. When  I first started out it really helped to just put *something* on the page that I didn't have to worry about and the boarder gives you a way of doing that

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Bwuahahaha.

 

That sounds perfect.   I am picturing pics of people on the floor, surrounding by delightfully created BuJos!  Hahahaha.

 

Welp, not what I was picturing....

 

Image result for see myself out gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

I do sketch notes/ visual note taking in addition to BuJoing when ever I have to actually take notes like at a conference or something (I'll post some pictures when I get home from one of my note books) and the easiest way that I found to get over that fear of messing up the page is to draw a simple boarder (like a plain line)  around the page. When  I first started out it really helped to just put *something* on the page that I didn't have to worry about and the boarder gives you a way of doing that

 

Yes share! Also brilliant! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CHECK IN

Weekly Prompt #1 : Building Habits through Tracking

 

Now that week 1 is almost over, how did your tracking go?
 
Did you do what you set out to do?
 
Did you start building that habit?
 
Do you need some help? 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jonesy said:

CHECK IN

Weekly Prompt #1 : Building Habits through Tracking

 

Now that week 1 is almost over, how did your tracking go?
 
Did you do what you set out to do?
 
Did you start building that habit?
 
Do you need some help? 

 

 

I started the damned thing. That is what I set out to do. Success. :victorious:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to post a picture of mine sometime tomorrow after I've worked through the final installment (the weekend) a bit. Does anyone else have a slightly unattractive one? Or one where it starts out with promise but then your handwriting/pen choices change depending on what you have handy (pens or time-wise)? AND THEN IT GETS SLOPPY? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

 

I started the damned thing. That is what I set out to do. Success. :victorious:

 

YES! Way to go! 

 

13 minutes ago, Super Starling! said:

I'll have to post a picture of mine sometime tomorrow after I've worked through the final installment (the weekend) a bit. Does anyone else have a slightly unattractive one? Or one where it starts out with promise but then your handwriting/pen choices change depending on what you have handy (pens or time-wise)? AND THEN IT GETS SLOPPY? 

 

Yes! I also have pages, like the duck hunt one, where I didn't even use! Some I just end up using to doodle on. What to see those? Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Does anyone else have a slightly unattractive one? Or one where it starts out with promise but then your handwriting/pen choices change depending on what you have handy (pens or time-wise)? AND THEN IT GETS SLOPPY? 

Oh, boy, do I!! That's why I started to designate a fineliner to be my "tick off pen" for the week, it goes in the pen-loop of my bujo and stays there together with my mechanical pencil for everyday writing / morning pages and such.

I usually set up my tracker table with two fineliners, one for the lines and one for the items on the list...
And I only ever track a week, not a whole month. I'm currently in a tracker for break week, week 1 and week 2 of the challenge and I will try to remember not to do that again, it is rather messy indeed...


da8ac6438c421137638308e3054069e4.jpg

And then there's the spread when I didn't take any proper time to sort it out at all, I wrote it up with a really smooth ballpoint pen and filled it out with the same pen. Tracking four weeks, no finesse, no pretty, no ruler. Le sigh. I know not what I was thinking:
7d30fda46abdae5f0586c099d306f7af.jpg

So an emphatic yes, those do happen.

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Yes! I also have pages, like the duck hunt one, where I didn't even use! Some I just end up using to doodle on. What to see those? Lol

 

I literally always want to see everyone's bullet journals, all the time. 

 

Here is mine, a mess of appointments, things I've done, things to remember, checked-off goals, and smudged fountain pen ink: 

 

Journals.thumb.jpg.baee2e8146696c09a96667ae5824e87c.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"misguided hope" cracked me up this morning, omg.  I grok that SO much hahaha.

 

Great looking stuff here guys, way to go on week one tracking!  I will post a pic shortly... gotta get drawing day #4 in first!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being new to this BuJo concept, I have a question. I followed the process in setting up a basic BuJo according to the video on the website. On one page it had me write the month and then all the dates of the month going down the left side of the page. What is the intended purpose behind this? I feel perhaps it should be obvious, but it isn't to me, so I am humbling myself and asking. With 31 dates going down the side of the page, I don't feel like there is a lot of room to put a lot of information for each date. Is this supposed be used for some kind of master monthly plan? But isn't that what goes on the right side of the page for the month? Just curious.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now