• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Bullet Journal Accountability Group

54 minutes ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

On one page it had me write the month and then all the dates of the month going down the left side of the page.

I think that's just a master page (like a calendar you'd put on the wall) that's an at-a-glance calendar for birthdays, appointments, big stuff. Then people usually make either one page a day or one spread a week to get the nitty-gritty day-to-day stuff done. 

Other thoughts, squad? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super Starling! said:
2 hours ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

On one page it had me write the month and then all the dates of the month going down the left side of the page.

I think that's just a master page (like a calendar you'd put on the wall) that's an at-a-glance calendar for birthdays, appointments, big stuff. Then people usually make either one page a day or one spread a week to get the nitty-gritty day-to-day stuff done. 

Other thoughts, squad? 

Exactly! Usually you use that for your monthly spread. If you want super details or an overview or you have a crapton of stuff you are doing that month. For me, monthly I do a monthly spread, examples below, a budget page, weekly page and a challenge page.  Yours does NOT need to be as elaborate as mine, I go overboard. Yours can just be a list. :) 

List

bXXkRHJ.png

Calendar

eoB83eS.png

Circular

wxdBnG2.png

• Like 2

Ok here are some of my sketch note pages over the past 2 years, I’m showing the first one just so you know when I started i sucked too lol. I’d like to think I’ve gotten a lot better. Oh and also these are literally my notes I'm taking during the events or when I'm in a class so the spelling is awful lol. They go in order from oldest to newest. 

da167c12715a657d85fa66d71df0cd18.jpg838e682df038ef14fd160edb1737b677.jpg713b5960e90f2152ab50fd9bafb3953f.jpgd78982456536aae94a2e9b0d18f503b2.jpg98b3b4ced67b622ff2877b35931a3648.jpg46dfe3d8d3fbeae77386ee136497114e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2017 at 6:26 PM, Jonesy said:

CHECK IN

Weekly Prompt #1 : Building Habits through Tracking

Now that week 1 is almost over, how did your tracking go?
Did you do what you set out to do?
Did you start building that habit?
Do you need some help? 

So far my tracking is going very well. Pretty close to 100%ed all my goals for the first week. :D I've tried to do a lot of pages in the past but I never end up really using them so almost the only thing I have now is my challenge page and a shit ton of To-Do lists lol. I always try to make my pages pretty but ehhh it normally doesn't work or takes too much time >_< so I mostly just stick to playing around with fonts.

• Like 2

@Ryuu1011 I love how you can see your skill level progress. I'm envious of your use of space. 

I don't believe bullet journal pages need to be pretty. As long as they are helpful, useful and functional, they are perfect! 

• Like 2

Thank you ^_^ A lot of that use of Space is just me trying to fill up the whole page, which ends up looking better. One of the things I quickly realized when I 1st started sketchnotes-ing was the there is always space if you curve, shrink, or distort a word enough, and that often when you do that it doesn't even end up looking bad. Which helped a lot with the initial fear of "oh no what if it doesn't fit!". That and if you mess something up bad enough just make it into a black arrow or black box, get a silver pen and write over it. (ex the black arrows in the 4th picture were originally really bad mistakes)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ryuu1011 said:

Ok here are some of my sketch note pages over the past 2 years, I’m showing the first one just so you know when I started i sucked too lol. I’d like to think I’ve gotten a lot better. Oh and also these are literally my notes I'm taking during the events or when I'm in a class so the spelling is awful lol. They go in order from oldest to newest. 

"Happiness is having a lot of pens"  <-- love it!

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 3:08 PM, Jonesy said:

Welp, not what I was picturing....

Me either!

6 hours ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

Being new to this BuJo concept, I have a question. I followed the process in setting up a basic BuJo according to the video on the website. On one page it had me write the month and then all the dates of the month going down the left side of the page. What is the intended purpose behind this? I feel perhaps it should be obvious, but it isn't to me, so I am humbling myself and asking. With 31 dates going down the side of the page, I don't feel like there is a lot of room to put a lot of information for each date. Is this supposed be used for some kind of master monthly plan? But isn't that what goes on the right side of the page for the month? Just curious.

I use mine to track birthdays, bills, holidays and the moon cycle. 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2017 at 5:55 PM, Starpuck said:

Given my recent dentist adventure, I've decided I need to form a new habit even though it's not necessarily one of my challenge goals this time around.  Still, I came up with a good comparison for my story-based challenge so it fits!

Weapon Care and Armor Mending!

A successful adventurer must keep their weapons in good shape with daily care!    So, each sword is 14 boxes long, and I fill in a square every time I do a night time brushing routine.      The mended armor is making sure all the pieces are stitched together and in good care, and nothing is stuck between the leather flaps.   This is my flossing regime.  (Which was non-existent up to this point.)    Starting off with aiming to floss at least four times a week, so each shoulder is a week, then the armor bases each have four spots to fill in.   Extra days of flossing will fill in all the finer details.   Tada!

9puZo5p.jpg

And of course, my actual challenge goals are all tracked on the left side with my hunting down the artifact for the cloaked man!

AWESOME!

Late to the party. Challenge thread is up.

I guess I've been doing this on my planners since '09 or '10, primarily as training logs. Not as aesthetically pleasing as the ones over here, but they've served me well. I was able to digitize pretty much all the training I've done unbroken since 2012.

• Like 2

Image result for express yourself

Weekly Prompt #2 : Express yourself

For the second week of the challenge, I ask each of us to try something new with our journals. This can be using a whole page to draw, it can be laying out the whole week in advance, it can be just one day where you doodle or draw but at least once, try something different. You might not think you are creative but don't let it stop you from trying! 

Creativity Examples : A doodle, new lettering, different borders, try a new layout, or start a new collection page, etc

• Like 1

Oh wow, man.   I was away a couple days on the weekend and come back to see all this beautiful bujo'ing!   /faint!  

Finally got my updated tracking pic posted, so here's the progress from week one.

RuxHEGP.jpg

Express yourself this week hmmm?

Nice!

Just about to set things up for the week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Finally got my updated tracking pic posted, so here's the progress from week one.

So much fun, loving that tracker! 

• Like 1

CHECK IN
Weekly Prompt #1 : Building Habits through Tracking

Now that week 1 is almost over, how did your tracking go?   Did you do what you set out to do?   Did you start building that habit?   Do you need some help?   
Tracking seems to be going well so far, and the habits I've been focusing on (except for the cat box... Sorry fuzzies :( ) are getting stronger.
4c57604267bc5f4028f86e715b65848f.jpg
Not everything I wanted to finish on my week tracker got done, but it was super helpful to have a list of everything I needed to get done and be able to prioritize what needed done now, what could wait and what I needed to note down for later
5742bf5b23ee896d0aab4a46d51daa27.jpg
So far, so helpful. I'm liking this thing

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mid-Week Check Up

Sorry this is so late! How's this week going for everyone? 

Express Yourself Examples

Going somewhere?

Adding Borders

Banner & Headers

More than just a to-do list

Motivational Quotes

“You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club” – Jack London

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try” – Dr. Seuss

“Creativity takes courage. ” ― Henri Matisse

• Like 2

This week for our prompt I'm taking some more risks. Not anything crazy but I've been trying to incorporate more doodles/watercolor/ink into my bujo. In the past i've done watercolor and then inked over. This time I tried inking first and THEN watercolor. Was not sure if the ink would bleed and the Staedtler triplus fineliner are perfect! No bleed what so ever! I'm super excited 

T0tEM7i.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Morag said:

Gorgeous!!

15 minutes ago, Ryuu1011 said:

^What @Morag said, beautiful!! 

What kind of water colors are you using? similar to what you said I'd be afraid of just getting my journal too wet.

Thanks. 

A knock off of Koh-I-Noor watercolors. I only have 2 discs though. I found them at a small art shop and I like them because they are a little more portable than normal watercolor sets. I use a watercolor pen with them. If I wanted I could just grab them and go. 

Related image  Image result for pentel watercolor brush pen

• Like 3