• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Bullet Journal Accountability Group

So far I'm doing well to get the basics of the BuJo process down. It's helping me to remember longer term projects I otherwise would have forgotten about. I finally have a page dedicated to the current NF challenge, with little shuriken logos to mark completed tasks.

• Like 3

CHECK IN 

Weekly Prompt #2 : Express yourself

How did you do expressing yourself for week 2?

Do you have a sure fire way to get your creative juices flowing?

Did you struggle getting into a creative space?

8 hours ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

So far I'm doing well to get the basics of the BuJo process down.

Awesome! I know it can sometimes take a while to get in a good bujo groove. 

8 hours ago, Daryl of Barbaria said:

It's helping me to remember longer term projects I otherwise would have forgotten about. 

That's exactly what a bujo is amazing for. :) 

• Like 1

Related image

Weekly Prompt #3 : Practice

This week I want us to think of something we wish our journal had. Do you wish you had prettier handwriting or do you wish your lines were straighter? Pick 1 thing you wish you could do better and practice. Either on a blank page or a stray piece of paper, practice doing. Do it once a day for a short amount of time. If you don't have a chunk of time to do it, break it down into smaller time incitements. 

Practice Examples : Brush script, maybe you want to practice daily bujo, new font, dividers, etc   

• Like 1

72ef947bc9238735a3bc735840ebacc7.jpg

Weekly Prompt #3 : Practice

This week I want us to think of something we wish our journal had. Do you wish you had prettier handwriting or do you wish your lines were straighter? Pick 1 thing you wish you could do better and practice. Either on a blank page or a stray piece of paper, practice doing. Do it once a day for a short amount of time. If you don't have a chunk of time to do it, break it down into smaller time incitements. 

Practice Examples : Brush script, maybe you want to practice daily bujo, new font, dividers, etc   
I like it. I'll practice adding more proper black lines to my bujo. I always do pencil doodles and writing in pencil. The commitment of ink pen, proper, non-erasible ink pen... yeah... I'd like to have more of that in my bujo. I'll give it a whirl.

Here yesterday's colouring-while-watching-riddick:
3a5dc65e48a073071dc417810f1e8b18.jpg

And also my new-pens-need-testing-out-post-it-doodle
0.35mm Black ink pigma micron, Faber-Castell water solutable colour pencils: leaf green, silver, walnut brown and burned ochre.
Crappy pic: my phone no natural light.

a4230370aaf76e17b1ef3270596f2ed5.jpg70909e6ffc2a1b316523212ef7e95af8.jpg

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

• Like 2

Mid-Week Check Up

How is everyone's practice going? I see @Ryuu1011 is rocking the handwriting practice. :) 

Practice Examples

Handwriting Tutorials

Practicing Handwriting

Hand Lettering Practice Sheets

Headers and Banners

Motivation Quotes

Don't wish for it, work for it. 

“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” ― Aristotle

There's no denying the importance of practice. The hard part is figuring out what to practice. - Scott Adams 

• Like 1

Related image

Weekly Prompt #4 : Reflection

Congrats for making it to week 4! This week I want us to review our progress.

How are you doing with your tracking?

Do you still make time for creativity?

Are you still practicing?

Do you do a daily review or weekly review to help keep yourself accountable? 

• Like 1

Oh I have been doing bujo things, but just holding course.   I feel like, for me, the BuJo is more about keeping track of random thoughts of things I need to do or want, and less an outlet for creativity.     Since I try to get some art time in 4x a week as is, most of my creative floon is pushed toward that.      But!  I have learned that unique tracking options are encouraging and motivating for me to use.

I also 100%'d part of last weeks challenge, to which I promised myself some nice colored pencils for the color coding part of my tracker!    So I got some Prismacolors coming in today!

• Like 3

I noticed something today guys...  this is big for me.

For the first year of my loose BuJo'ing, I used a disc journal, pages easily added or removed!    I got an actual softcover, bound, dot journal though and for this past four weeks, I've used that!  WITHOUT tearing pages out, and leaving old weeks in to reflect on and...  not worry too much about lack of 'perfect set up' or anything!    Verrrrryyy interesting!

• Like 3

For the first year of my loose BuJo'ing, I used a disc journal, pages easily added or removed!    I got an actual softcover, bound, dot journal though and for this past four weeks, I've used that!  WITHOUT tearing pages out, and leaving old weeks in to reflect on and...  not worry too much about lack of 'perfect set up' or anything!    Verrrrryyy interesting!

Sounds Good, Starpuck! Progress not perfection. You Go!

---

-- Charles de Lint

19 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Accepting imperfections is a huge deal. Awesome progress! 

How do you feel about keeping those pages in your journal? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Morag said:

Sounds Good, Starpuck! Progress not perfection. You Go!

One of the toughest lessons for me!  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Accepting imperfections is a huge deal. Awesome progress! 

How do you feel about keeping those pages in your journal? 

It's weird... hard at times haha.    But I am gonna tough it out. :)   That I have added colored pencils to the mix is very helpful.  If nothing else, I like the splash of color on otherwise grey days!

• Like 2

For me, I think just starting the Bullet Journal process from the ground up was a major accomplishment. Compared to the others I have seen on this forum, mine is certainly not flashy. Hell, I bought the notebook I am using from a $1 store! But it allowed me to make a start with the idea, and see if I can make it work for me. I can. And I think I even got a little bit into the artistic side of it with my workout tracking chart. At first I had a default "shuriken" logo I used to mark each box for a task complete, regardless of the task (I was a bit shuriken obsessed at the time). By the final week I had developed specific little graphics for each type of task: a cartoon-ish weight with "84 kg" written on the side of it for my bodyweight routines (84 kg roughly being equivalent to my bodyweight in metric units), also a yin-yang symbol for doing tai chi, and of course the shuriken for actual shuriken practice. I plan to continue on with this, maybe having unique graphics for additional kinds of weapon/ martial arts practice, and a little cartoon-ish Buddha for meditation.

Bottom line, the Bullet Journal is not going away.

• Like 3

Week 4 Reflection.

For the first time in a long while I have not just tracked the current week and how I did day to day. I didn't feel creative in a "lets full this page up" kinda way, but I had a whole page and a half left over from week 4 so I made a table comparing the 5 weeks of the challenge with one-another and reflecting on where I am, where I've been and where I'm headed.

And repeating past art does look pretty in the end afterall.

ETA link

---

-- Charles de Lint

On 11/17/2017 at 11:18 AM, Ryuu1011 said:

Working on my next Challenge Spread going to try an analog leveling system and see how I like it: 

Nice looking challenge spread you have there. You're going to have to update us on how it works out for you!

On 11/18/2017 at 7:33 PM, Daryl of Barbaria said:

For me, I think just starting the Bullet Journal process from the ground up was a major accomplishment. Compared to the others I have seen on this forum, mine is certainly not flashy. Hell, I bought the notebook I am using from a $1 store! But it allowed me to make a start with the idea, and see if I can make it work for me. I can. And I think I even got a little bit into the artistic side of it with my workout tracking chart. At first I had a default "shuriken" logo I used to mark each box for a task complete, regardless of the task (I was a bit shuriken obsessed at the time). By the final week I had developed specific little graphics for each type of task: a cartoon-ish weight with "84 kg" written on the side of it for my bodyweight routines (84 kg roughly being equivalent to my bodyweight in metric units), also a yin-yang symbol for doing tai chi, and of course the shuriken for actual shuriken practice. I plan to continue on with this, maybe having unique graphics for additional kinds of weapon/ martial arts practice, and a little cartoon-ish Buddha for meditation.

Bottom line, the Bullet Journal is not going away.

This is awesome! I'm glad you have discovered what is working for you and that it's even evolved over the last 4 weeks. It doesn't matter how flashy your journal is. The only thing that matters is that it WORKS for you. Love this little graphics you described. :)

8 hours ago, Morag said:

Week 4 Reflection.

For the first time in a long while I have not just tracked the current week and how I did day to day. I didn't feel creative in a "lets full this page up" kinda way, but I had a whole page and a half left over from week 4 so I made a table comparing the 5 weeks of the challenge with one-another and reflecting on where I am, where I've been and where I'm headed.

And repeating past art does look pretty in the end afterall.

Awesome job and I'm glad you were using it for more than just tracking. :) 

My own week 4 reflection:

I'm still getting intimidated by a blank page. I need to work on filling the space creatively so I need to get used to a page that doesn't look as appealing as I want it to look. I hate wasting space in my bujo but it's hard to fill the space. Practice will help and that's what I plan on doing. Also, I suck at tracking. I do so well in the beginning then even when I work on my bujo, I forget to track. I might have to make that part of my next challenge. Lol

• Like 1

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you all for joining this accountability group. I hope you learned something that will help you figure out your own Bujo style. 

Image result for Thank you gif

• Like 2

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you all for joining this accountability group. I hope you learned something that will help you figure out your own Bujo style. 

v49wk.gif

Thank you, Jonesy, for running this. How do y'all feel about doing this again next challenge?

We could rotate "leadership", if you feel that's better... my hand's up there.

---

-- Charles de Lint

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Morag said:

Thank you, Jonesy, for running this. How do y'all feel about doing this again next challenge?

You're welcome! I would be up for doing this again next challenge. :) 

If people do want to continue, is there anything that you still struggle with that you would like to get more info one? 

• Like 4

You're welcome! I would be up for doing this again next challenge.  

If people do want to continue, is there anything that you still struggle with that you would like to get more info one? 
Consistency for me is number one on my list; I can definitely see improvements over the last month but have a bit to go on that front. I'd definitely be for having another Bujo accountability thread next challenge :) thanks for making this one

Sent via Tapatalk