• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Let's try this again. So.... I tried on the last challenge, and I mostly achieved what little goals I had but now I actually want to document that success (and keep up with you guys because I miss you all). So here is round 2 or the remix.

I'm doing PT for my back finally so I'll be back into tip top shape soon! My PT is awesome (and a sexy, silver fox Scottish man which always makes things more fun) and is really going into detail to finally FIX the issue instead of just masking it, so I'm super stoked. I also really miss running and since my back is feeling better I'm going to try to put that back into my routine. I think it will also help my anxiety a ton. I'm also trying to convince my mother to join a gym, so if I can I'll throw swimming in too. Finally - eating better needs to get in there and law school stuff should probs be included somewhere too. 

Goal 1: Physical Therapy - 2 times a week. 

- Don't Cancel

- Do the homework

Goal 2: Cardio (is hardio) (*On hold pending approval from my PT*)

- Run or other cardio workout 2 times a week

- If back is painful - don't do.

Goal 3: Eat a vegetable twice a day

- Start drinking smoothies for breakfast again

- Keep up the good dinner work

Goal 4: Law School

- Write EVERYTHING down

- Get Outlines completed

- Purchase study aids

- Start studying for finals

Image result for marvel text posts 

• Like 3

Quick update today: 

Ate spinach and onions at breakfast and carrots, rutabagas, and potatoes for dinner.

and went on a walk with the pupper, pictured here in her Halloween costume: 

Good start to the challenge! :)

Now to study Contracts then go to bed.

image.png.1fe80d9729e014c11997273fa5b0c70d.png

• Like 2

It's our favorite atomic brunette! Missed you, buddy! 

AB.gif

You can do this challenge. Are you going to try to sub something non-painful for goal 2 on bad back days? Or just call it recovery and move on with your life? (Either tactic seems valid.)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Adorable!

I like her. :)

8 hours ago, Norgaard said:

Oh studying is a killer!. 

im doing my last year right now and Im not good at sitting on my ass studying :(

It really is. Congrats on your last year!!

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

It's our favorite atomic brunette! Missed you, buddy! 

AB.gif

You can do this challenge. Are you going to try to sub something non-painful for goal 2 on bad back days? Or just call it recovery and move on with your life? (Either tactic seems valid.)

Missed you guys too!

Thanks! Probably just call it recovery - at least for a few weeks.

22 minutes ago, raptron said:

YAY! Glad you are here with ass-kicking goals lined up, as usual. 

:D 

• Like 2

Today was day 1 of PT which was great. My PT is probably the best I've had yet and I think this round is actually going to be helpful. 

Running is out of the question as I took my dog on a walk and ran a few yards with her, but it hurt quite a bit more than I expected - so I figured swimming would be helpful. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of asking if I could start swimming for cardio because I'm super antsy doing nothing but he shot that down quickly and told me I need to hold off until he gives me the go ahead. At least he gave me a good series of exercises to do so I get to somewhat move again.

I could ignore him and do it anyway, but considering he's basically a Paul Hollywood clone, I don't think I'll push it. Therefore, Goal 2 is on hold until further notice. :(

e97b1ff87e69fa6dcaf6a050f470bd70--agree-

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of asking if I could start swimming for cardio because I'm super antsy doing nothing

I get that but remember, you are doing the PT to 

On 10/20/2017 at 1:49 PM, Asa Pond said:

FIX the issue instead of just masking it

Why do you think you are antsy doing nothing? Because it sounds like you are doing something. :) 

Would it help things if you set mini PT goals for yourself? Maybe that can help ease some of the antsiness. 

4 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Why do you think you are antsy doing nothing? Because it sounds like you are doing something. :) 

Would it help things if you set mini PT goals for yourself? Maybe that can help ease some of the antsiness. 

Like, actually physically antsy. I'm getting jittery and like I need to burn off a bunch of energy, but I have no way to do it which is frustrating.

1 minute ago, Asa Pond said:

Like, actually physically antsy. I'm getting jittery and like I need to burn off a bunch of energy, but I have no way to do it which is frustrating.

Oh that's frustrating. :( 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raptron said:

Did he poke your back and solemnly say "underproofed"? 

He did! And I still haven't gotten a hand shake yet. :(

qe1ArAo.gif

I've spent ten minutes trying to figure out the perfect way to subtly slip the phrase "soggy bottom" into a post, but, well, there you have it.

So, I suggest you make "follow PT's instructions" into a challenge element and pretend it's, um, part of your secret agent mission?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I've spent ten minutes trying to figure out the perfect way to subtly slip the phrase "soggy bottom" into a post, but, well, there you have it.

Subtle indeed. :P 

• Like 3

ONE of these days I will once again complete a successful challenge. Today is not that day.

Updates: PT is going fabulously. Still not 100% - I'd say I'm at about 70% but I'm calling that a win from the 30% I was when I started.

Law school is hard but satisfying. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5416128

(If I know you guys as well as I think I know you then get your minds out of the gutters. If it's just me then #awk.)

The next two months are no longer known as November and December but rather Finals Prep and Finals so I'm probs not going to be doing much that doesn't involve my head in my books. 

I really want to catch up with everyone though so I'll likely be sticking my nose into your challenges soooooooon! 

Miss you boos.

• Like 3

Miss youuuu! 

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

ONE of these days I will once again complete a successful challenge. Today is not that day.

Hehe. Yeah me too. :P 

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

The next two months are no longer known as November and December but rather Finals Prep and Finals so I'm probs not going to be doing much that doesn't involve my head in my books. 

Let the craziness being. :) Just try and take care of yourself and move around whenever you can, even if it's minimal. It will help!