Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well, my isnpiration for this challenge is the hunger games... Allthough the books where awfull, and the movies were kinda meh... I don't know, let's see where this goes.

 

This month's challenge is all about getting hungry (Hunger Games... you know... :P)Well, not really starving-to-death-hungru, but kinda hungry... I decided I really need to know if I'm hungry, thirsty or just want to put my teeth in something tasty. That's why I will start intermittent fasting. So I will set a time I can start eating each week. If I feel good enough to keep fasting I can fast longer.

 

Goal 1: Intermittent Fasting/Diet

 

Week 1: Breakfast around 12:00 PM

Week 2: Breakfast around 1:00 PM

Week 3: Breakfast around 2:00 PM

Week 4: Breakfast around 3:00 PM

 

tumblr_nhqlmwB5qt1rlqg3xo1_500.gif

 

Coupled with this I want to try a low carb diet for this month. And then I just mean skipping as much as possible bad carbs: pasta, bread, white rice, candie, cookies, fruit juices, pudding, cakes,... (the list goes on)... you get the idea... 

 

Cheat day to give me some hope is on saturday.

tumblr_npnzs16g0V1uxku6jo1_400.gif

 

Goal 2: wake up every day around 5:00 AM

 

 

Well, I have to get up every morning to keep up with my enemies! And, it makes me active, some alone time in the morning, I get to make a planning for the day. etc... It will probably be the hardest the first week.

 

tumblr_o215a6oDwG1rmdospo1_500.gif

 

 

Goal 3: drinking 3l water/day 

 

Just staying hydrated, something I find very difficult!

 

tumblr_ombb4hIYGQ1vczpxxo1_400.gif

 

 

Goal 4: do something active every day

 

So yes, this wouldn't be about fitness if I wouldn't do something about that, so I made a list with activities I can swap between. It's a ll about getting my body fit, mobile, more functional... Not necessary about getting more muscle. If I do a certain activity I will go more in depth describing what I did more in detail. For me it will be better that wayto see if I make any progress.

 

Activity 1 Hill sprints

tumblr_owaacmf7mU1w5hsq0o1_500.gif

 

Activity 2 Walking 1 hour

tumblr_nvn9jhve5W1tk8xwdo1_400.gif

 

Activity 3 Yoga

tumblr_oj531yhZfD1uhx9abo1_540.gif

 

Activity 4 Strength training 

tumblr_nhsmy2r4kR1r85hlio1_r1_1280.gif

 

Activity 5 Swimming

giphy.gif

 

The ideal routine would be like this: (but that is crazy, maybe I can get there in a few months)

 

- Yoga and walking every day

- Strength training 2-3 times a week

- Hill sprints 2-3 times a week

- Swimming 1-2 times a week

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post

I did intermittent fasting for two days already... Couldn't get to the others part yet. Apparently it takes time to give my life more structure, but I guess it is ok, better to go slow and steady then jump to far and fail with keeping up. I will try to wake up around 6 tommorow, maybe add in some yoga, because my body feels wrecked...

  • Like 3

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post

You need to keep us updated on the fasting! I've been curious about it for a while but haven't tried it myself, the longest I've gone without food is 10h. lol

Your ideal routine matches my ideal routine but I'm far from it aswell. One step at a time and a whole lot of patience will get us there. :)

  • Like 4
Link to post

Hey Tash! Nice challenge. I love the list of activities to do every day and the specificity with all your other goals. Definitely give everything time to sink in; doing too much at once can be overwhelming, and falling off the wagon will get you nowhere fast ;) That said, it's great to be optimistic and to go after your goals wholeheartedly, so don't hold back! You got this!

 

Tagging @Jlailin for intermittent fasting. Maybe you guys can be buddies. 

  • Like 3
Link to post

Hi, Tash!  Your goals look great!  Your way of easing into the intermittent fasting is probably smarter than what I did.  I just completely jumped into the 16/8 fast schedule with no prep.  Is your goal schedule 16/8 or are you shooting for the 24 every 4 days thing? 

 

I haven't been doing the fasting thing super long, but it's been... I dunno, like three months or something since I started.  If you have any questions or just want to commiserate about being hungry together, give me a shout! :D

  • Like 3

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post

Woke up (3h to late, but I couldn't fall asleep), and did my yoga. I only did three asanas:

 

upward tree pose: basically standing upright, with your arms and hands as high as possible in the air: stretches the spine very well...

standing forward bend: felt I was really stiff and to much rounding my back, not bending from my hips. But hipflexibility is one of my main isues, and I never got it perfect before. Who knows, in time...

cobra pose: basically like a push up position but with your lower body (hips, legs feet) on the ground round your back... I couldnt take this long because my back felt very stiff, felt some pain when coming back out of the pose, probably because of lack of flexibility...

 

14 hours ago, Inazea said:

You need to keep us updated on the fasting! I've been curious about it for a while but haven't tried it myself, the longest I've gone without food is 10h. lol

Your ideal routine matches my ideal routine but I'm far from it aswell. One step at a time and a whole lot of patience will get us there. :)

 

5 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Hi, Tash!  Your goals look great!  Your way of easing into the intermittent fasting is probably smarter than what I did.  I just completely jumped into the 16/8 fast schedule with no prep.  Is your goal schedule 16/8 or are you shooting for the 24 every 4 days thing? 

 

I haven't been doing the fasting thing super long, but it's been... I dunno, like three months or something since I started.  If you have any questions or just want to commiserate about being hungry together, give me a shout! :D

Hmm, I don't think I have many questions, I did intermittent fasting on and of the last three years... And some days if I'm very busy I totally forget that I want food (so clearly I'm not hungry) and just don't eat for 24 hours without noticing. Thng I lack is consistency, and not doing it for two or three days and then gorging on food for the next month.

 

I once did a 20hour fast, three days in a row. This had great effects on my body and my mind. I think I want to strive for this. 

  • Like 4

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post
5 hours ago, Tash said:

Woke up (3h to late, but I couldn't fall asleep), and did my yoga. I only did three asanas:

 

upward tree pose: basically standing upright, with your arms and hands as high as possible in the air: stretches the spine very well...

standing forward bend: felt I was really stiff and to much rounding my back, not bending from my hips. But hipflexibility is one of my main isues, and I never got it perfect before. Who knows, in time...

cobra pose: basically like a push up position but with your lower body (hips, legs feet) on the ground round your back... I couldnt take this long because my back felt very stiff, felt some pain when coming back out of the pose, probably because of lack of flexibility...

Nice!  Good job getting it done!  Those are great poses.  I tend neglect my tree pose because my ankles don't like it very much.  As for cobra, I usually do the baby cobra (the one where you don't use your hands to push up--just the low back muscles).  I find it less straining, but still great for stretching and muscle building.

 

5 hours ago, Tash said:

Hmm, I don't think I have many questions, I did intermittent fasting on and of the last three years... And some days if I'm very busy I totally forget that I want food (so clearly I'm not hungry) and just don't eat for 24 hours without noticing. Thng I lack is consistency, and not doing it for two or three days and then gorging on food for the next month.

 

I once did a 20hour fast, three days in a row. This had great effects on my body and my mind. I think I want to strive for this. 

Woah!  That's amazing!  I should be asking you questions. :P  How did you prepare for the 20 hour fasts?  Did you eat regular meals for a certain number of days before hand?  And how do you come out of such a long fast able to eat regularly?  I'm finding that if I do longer fasts, my stomach shrinks and I just don't get hungry enough to eat the right number of calories to sustain a good energy level for working out.  

  • Like 2

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

 

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

Link to post
35 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Nice!  Good job getting it done!  Those are great poses.  I tend neglect my tree pose because my ankles don't like it very much.  As for cobra, I usually do the baby cobra (the one where you don't use your hands to push up--just the low back muscles).  I find it less straining, but still great for stretching and muscle building.

I know that version, but I find the original version better. If I do it a few days in a row my back is more flexible and can take it. Also in my yoga warm up there is a certain move in which my back makes a lot of cracking noises. Since I added the cobra it doesn't make those noises anymore after a while.

 

36 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Woah!  That's amazing!  I should be asking you questions. :P  How did you prepare for the 20 hour fasts?  Did you eat regular meals for a certain number of days before hand?  And how do you come out of such a long fast able to eat regularly?  I'm finding that if I do longer fasts, my stomach shrinks and I just don't get hungry enough to eat the right number of calories to sustain a good energy level for working out.  

I didn't really prepare for the longer fasts. It just started as my normal IF but I just wasn't hungry untill I had dinner. So then I just ate dinner. I had to be carefull not to eat to much though. But that's really my problem, my stomach is really to big and I can always eat insane amounts of food. I wasn't working out during those fasts though. I guess that if I workout early in the morning, and then use the tehcnique I described in another post - in which I would wait with drinking coffee for three to four hours later - it wouldn't make much difference for me.

Apart from being big, my stomach can also take it a lot before my internal alarm goes off, which isn't really usefull. I really don't know proper amounts or my limits...

  • Like 3

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post
12 hours ago, Tash said:

standing forward bend: felt I was really stiff and to much rounding my back, not bending from my hips. But hipflexibility is one of my main isues, and I never got it perfect before. Who knows, in time...

Try going only halfway into the forward fold position (bent at the hips, but aiming to get back parallel to the floor, not trying to get your head down to your feet). Let your arms hang and just relax. After a few breaths, try to deepen from there into the forward fold, and see if it's any easier. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
10 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Try going only halfway into the forward fold position (bent at the hips, but aiming to get back parallel to the floor, not trying to get your head down to your feet). Let your arms hang and just relax. After a few breaths, try to deepen from there into the forward fold, and see if it's any easier. 

Hmmm, i might try it, but won't fix anything immeditaly, I have my physical condition that makes evrthing so goddamn hard :P

  • Like 3

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post

25/10 

 

- Fasted untill 12:30 PM

- drank 1.5 L water

- I feel to wrecked to do something active though, just going to watch some movie or serie and hit my bed. I made a painting today so my day is productive enough. :D 

- I'm really tired, so I'm not going to try to wake up at 5:00 PM untill next week. It's also fall vacation then so I have more time to focus on my goals :D

- I'm also thinking about making goals for every day during my vacation, since I don't have really much to do this seems like a good idea. It's like a mini-challenge for this month :D 

 

  • Like 2

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post

Sorry, I was busy on thursday and friday with working in my atelier from 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM. But it was worth it. and yesterday I bingewatched Stranger Things :P.

I have been fasting everyday untill 12:00PM. On saturday I even fasted untill 2:00 PM. Only today I took a break as Sunday is my cheatday and had some breakfast early in the day. This is officialy my longest time I have been doing intermittent fasting. And I'm ready to keep this going! 

 

As said before I will also make a mini challenge with goals for next week because I have a lot of free time. I will just make a list and see everyday what I will work on, some points will be goals for every day (based on my challenge).

 

  • drink 3l of water every day
  • IF untill 1:00 PM every day
  • do yoga every day (morning or evening)
  • clean my room 
  • unless it is raining I will go anywhere by foot (getting active)
  • read a book for my literature class, I'll try to make +/- 1 hour free every night to read in bed. 
  • finnish my summaries for the last 4 books we have seen in Literature class ( 2/day)
  • finnish my summaries for the 3 artists we have seen in art history (1/day)
  • visit Extra City (art gallery) for my philisophy essay (possibly on saturday)
  • visit the zoo to draw animals at least once
  • draw ad sculpt for one of my next works: "glory hole" (if you don't know what that is, don't google it!)
  • draw for my next series of paintings
  • Like 2

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post

Hey sorry guys, 

 

I had a psychotic episode. I have been in hospital for a few weeks. I honestly don't know how long, a month I guess? But I'm back now. I can think clear now for a week, allthough feeling numb (meds). 

The good news is that I could start doing IF again and have been doing yoga every day since I'm not in psychosis anymore. I also will go for the next challenge this month. Still thinking what I'm going to do.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge
Previous challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Facebook

Instagram

Link to post
20 hours ago, Tash said:

Hey sorry guys, 

 

I had a psychotic episode. I have been in hospital for a few weeks. I honestly don't know how long, a month I guess? But I'm back now. I can think clear now for a week, allthough feeling numb (meds). 

The good news is that I could start doing IF again and have been doing yoga every day since I'm not in psychosis anymore. I also will go for the next challenge this month. Still thinking what I'm going to do.

Keep on trucking man, good job with the yoga.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines