delete

Aquarii

• Aquarii changed the title to [StarlordPhoenix] The First Trial: Discipline
On 10/22/2017 at 6:08 AM, StarlordPhoenix said:

think Mary Poppins

tumblr_lxwiv6SJpD1qdwjb5o1_r3_500.gif

On 10/22/2017 at 6:08 AM, StarlordPhoenix said:

Each one of the tasks for this trial must be completed every. single. day. No exceptions, no excuses.

This is one of the best ways to build discipline, with a consistent daily habit. I'm really glad you've returned. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Resets

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

43 minutes ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

I am happy to answer any questions that I can

I don't so much have questions, rather I find it bizarre how often 'Germany' comes up in conversation.  A woman I was in love with is heading to Germany.  Another person was going to flee to Germany after Trump's election. Another friend was visiting Germany.  When talking about an art program, a teacher mentioned Germany.  And I've wanted to look at lots of historic castles in Europe and my brain gravitated to Germany BEFORE all of these other times Germany came up.  I'm looking forward to any info or pictures.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

but I also tend to be an extremist and and all-or-nothing kind of person.

Perfectionism can often be more hurtful than helpful. There's nothing wrong with having all-out-give-it-everything drive, but the "or nothing" part can be a problem.

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild Heart

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

12 hours ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

This past week was TERRIBLE. I don't know if it is the stress of traveling and a new life style finally hitting me, the diet change (I eat with the family here), or just my body freaking out, but it has been one of the most physically and mentally draining weeks I have had in awhile (minus times I have been sick, of course). My joints have been aching for no reason (I am 23 and have no history of injury), I often get headaches (once normal for me in high school, but not normal anymore), often feel lightheaded or dizzy, and I feel physically exhausted and aggravated ALL the time. I am trying to do what I can (get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, take vitamins/minerals), but so far that is not helping much. 

One of my besties used to be an au pair. She said that she had a group of au pair friends she'd hang out with, kind of like an au pair support group. Do you have anything like that? If so, they might be able to help with tips on how to handle the stress of so much change all at once, since they'd also experienced it. 

Good luck with next week - I hope it goes better. Adventuring ain't easy...

• Like 2

I never can decide how often I want to do these updates. Every day? Every other day? Once a week...and then I just don't choose and half the challenge goes by before I do anything, haha. 

If we don't hear anything every week, we'll nudge you for an update. :) 

This past week was TERRIBLE. I don't know if it is the stress of traveling and a new life style finally hitting me, the diet change (I eat with the family here), or just my body freaking out, but it has been one of the most physically and mentally draining weeks I have had in awhile (minus times I have been sick, of course). My joints have been aching for no reason (I am 23 and have no history of injury), I often get headaches (once normal for me in high school, but not normal anymore), often feel lightheaded or dizzy, and I feel physically exhausted and aggravated ALL the time. I am trying to do what I can (get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, take vitamins/minerals), but so far that is not helping much. 

Getting used to a new schedule can be so draining! Sounds like you are doing everything right, I hope it doesn't last long!

• Like 2

What I picture when I think of an "au pair organization": ;)

• Like 1

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

On 10/28/2017 at 6:01 AM, StarlordPhoenix said:

if you ever want to go to carb heaven...go to Germany

Oh so you mean I'll die if I go there.  Hrm....

Well the beer I couldn't care less about but the pasteries...  I live in Rhode Island and a big section of the state is Italian . I'm half Italian (largest %) along with being Scottish, German, American Indian, etc.  How you describe the little shops over every corner is what it's like here.  If you go further down south, that mom&pop pizza shop vibe starts to disappear.  A main reason that if I move, it's NOT going to be in Bumfuck, Nowhere.  I want a place that has a lot of personality.  For some reason, I think Chicago, Philly, or NY in the USA.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:05 AM, StarlordPhoenix said:

new life style finally hitting me

Sounds like all of that stuff listed takes a part what you're going through.  Culture shock can sort of leave some people feeling unsure of anything about themselves as they transition to another culture.  It's like people challenge, "Do I feel this way because I was conditioned this way?" but for every question about the self.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

control tends to be a bit of a hangup for me. If I feel like I don't have control over things, I tend to freak out a bit. That paired with the fact that I may or may not be an introvert with a history of depression and anxiety creates the whole, travel abroad while playing in challenge mode, effect.

I have O.D.D. in addition to history of depression/anxiety so that totally makes sense to me.

On 11/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, StarlordPhoenix said:

But I have to fight tooth and nail to focus on, and absorb, information. Again, this is not normal. I have a brain like a sponge. I absorb information quickly and easily. I consider myself an intellectual and I love learning.

+

surely this cannot all just be stress induced

Image result for hmmmm

surely this cannot all just be stress induced

Related image
  • Like 1
Just now, StarlordPhoenix said:

My only real known allergy is mango (le sigh...I love mango)

How  feel about pineapple.

2 minutes ago, StarlordPhoenix said:

I knew depression and stress were playing into it

How I eat *creates* my anxiety/depression.  I've done experiments with it before.  When I go from Whole30 to eating random junk, it takes 2 weeks before I become suicidal-levels of depression.  It's kind of terrifying.  My first post on my current thread? *THAT* is how I felt.

• Aquarii changed the title to [StarlordPhoenix] The Adventure Trials: Discipline (pre-trial)