Forgot the title! Here it is! Hi, I'm Chris.

Greetings, one and all! There's a nerd-fitness forum?! That's fantastic! How have I not found this before!

Anyways... My name is Chris and I'm 29 years old. Been actively working out for the past 3 years, the bulk of this exercise being kickboxing, strength and conditioning. I absolutely love it and I usually get a solid 4-5 workouts a week in addition to my job as a farmhand. ... Up until 4 weeks ago when life decided to deliver a spinning back-kick to the face! Last 30 seconds of the last round of sparring at kickboxing practise and I manage to tear a tendon in my ankle. So now I'm sat on my ass at home on sickleave from work and with waaaaaay too much time on my hands! So yeah! That's how I ended up here! :D (There apparently is a point where you run out of internet and is forced to find something new.)

So, since I'm limping around on one leg (I should get a cane and be badass like House) at the moment, needless to say I have been skipping a few legdays! Upper body is on point tho! I'm lucky enough to have a well equipped gym in my basement so I'm able to get some workouts in despite the handicap.

Some lifegoals for the time being is getting an education as a personal trainer as well as becoming a certified kickboxing coach (first course on this is in november so we're making progress!)

I also joined here because I feel quite lonely in my exercise endeavors. I miss someone to talk about fitness and dieting with. And if this forum is combined with a bit of nerdery that's perfect! Aside from fitness my interests evolve around reading (mostly fantasy), gaming, watching MMA and gardening.

I also do crossword puzzles. #thuglife

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you, Sylvaa!  Yeah I read about the challenges and that sounds like an awesome idea. Gonna join up with that for sure! :D

And still uncertain about that. If I manage not to f-up and injure it further I can start physiotherapy to strengthen it again when the pains stop. Which hopefully is soon! Since I'm off work and have an abundance of excess energy I've decided to spend this time on as much personal improvement as I can, so in a way its a positive thing :D

• Like 2
On 10/22/2017 at 1:38 PM, JustChris said:

I also joined here because I feel quite lonely in my exercise endeavors. I miss someone to talk about fitness and dieting with. And if this forum is combined with a bit of nerdery that's perfect! Aside from fitness my interests evolve around reading (mostly fantasy), gaming, watching MMA and gardening.

That's definitely what's appealing to me, too! I love the slightly old-fashioned forum format. I've been on several other message boards for different types of life goals and journeys but I had never tried one for fitness...but it makes sense. Best wishes to you!

What are your favorite reads and games, if I might ask?

9 hours ago, alannamoonlight said:

That's definitely what's appealing to me, too! I love the slightly old-fashioned forum format. I've been on several other message boards for different types of life goals and journeys but I had never tried one for fitness...but it makes sense. Best wishes to you!

What are your favorite reads and games, if I might ask?

You are so right! The old forum format feels so much more comfortable. I also try to stay clear of the largest ones as you tend to just become a drop in the ocean there and never make any real connections with anyone.

Favorite reads for the time being is anything by Michael J. Sullivan. Anything Riyria is gold and his new series seems promising too! Waiting impatiently for Pathrick Rothfuss to finish his books but he seems to be in about as much of a hurry as George R.R. Martin -.- Other than that there's Mark Lawrence, Anthony Ryan, Raymond E. Feist and so on. I'll try almost anything fantasy related and if it has roguery in it that's even better :D

As far as gaming goes its mostly WoW and Minecraft. (Oh, and also read a good chunk of the WoW books.)

How bout yourself?

• Like 1

Oh man, I've been hearing more and more about Patrick Rothfuss lately, even though he's been published for a good while. I'm going to have to read his work at some point! I'm not much versed in the fantasy genre, unfortunately; I tend to skim the surface with the most popular titles. I did just finish Cary Elwes' book As You Wish because I'm a huge fan of The Princess Bride, like many, hehe.

I play different things depending on whether it's solo or socially -- my extended family games together and we play Overwatch and Minecraft. With other people I play Guild Wars, and solo I'm big on Fallout and Skyrim and lately I've been a little bit addicted to Stardew Valley. I don't game a whole lot but I've tried lots of things and am terrible at all of them! :) (A bit like my exercise habits, haha)

Patrick Rothfuss is great but I find it somewhat annoying that he's never finishing his book series (or maybe he is but I've lost faith at this point). I really should check out some other genres but I'm the sort of person that when I find something I like I stick to it :P Shame really. I'm probably missing out on some amazing books. I'm open for recommendations!

You're more versatile than me when it comes to games then xD I've tried some other games but nothing on the regular. Tho I will play pokemon on the handheld whenever a new game is out. Pokemon is the shit!