Starbuck keeps up the routine.

Starbuck

I hadn't been planning to do this challenge. Life has become crazy busy. I made this (questionable) decision to do some full time study during my year off and as the end of semester is coming up, I have been reminded that university is actually rather busy and stressful. Anyway, I was seeing my dietitian today and had this moment where I realised just how much it helped me to write out a brief structure at the start of each day (basically what I was doing in my last challenge here). So, that is basically what I will be doing. I probably won't be particularly interactive on here during this challenge, but hopefully this gets my back into the habit of posting and I will participate more once I'm through this busy period. 

Goals

Structure my life. 

- Brief overview of plans for the week each Sunday. 

- Write out brief structure for the day each morning.

Study every day

- In just over three weeks, this will all be over. This needs to happen.

Eat regularly

- Aim for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner +/- supper every day

Keep training

- Continue lifting 4x weekly. Other exercise on top of this is a bonus. 

• Like 4

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Instagram | Twitter | Training Journal 

(Weight x Reps x Sets - all weights kg unless specified)

Week One Plan

- Monday: Breakfast with a friend, dietitian appointment, training

- Tuesday: Lecture in the evening, training.

- Wednesday: Lectures and tutorials for most of the day.

- Thursday: Afternoon lecture and tutorial, training, dinner out with friends (only if assignments are finished).

- Friday: Maths and microeconomics assignments due, tutorials, training.

- Saturday: Time to plan for exam study.

Monday 23 October

Food:

- Breakfast out, snacks and lunch at home, dinner out with Mum.

Dietitian appointment

Training 

Assignments 

- If happy with assignment progress then plans to watch the new Bladerunner (finally)

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

8 hours ago, Laghail said:

Following but I demand breakfast pics next time.

Also, where are you on micro these days?

Yesterday's breakfast was actually a very instagram appropriate acai bowl... 

It is very much a micro 101 subject. The assignment I'm doing currently is looking at a sugary drinks tax as a method of internalising a negative externality. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Tuesday 24th October

Food:

- Breakfast at home

- Lunch at home

- Dinner likely out with my brother

- Snacks at home

Other things:

- Lecture in the afternoon

- Lots of work on assignments

- Hoping to get to the gym before the assignments...though that is pending how work is going. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

I had a really productive morning yesterday, but then got very little done after lunch.

Didn't get to the gym - and frustratingly won't be able to get there today (though can maybe squeeze in a half hour swim).

Wednesday 25th October

Food:

- Breakfast at home

- Morning snack at home

- Early lunch at home

- Bring something from home for afternoon snack

- Dinner at uni

Other plans:

- Will be at uni for lectures/tutorials from 1200-2000

- Try to get a quick swim in between classes

- Get these assignments really under control.

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

2.5 more weeks! so close

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Oops. All fell apart a little bit. 

Basically I decided that I wanted to get one assignment out of the way before Thursday. So, I did this "I won't go to bed until I've got this done" thing which backfired horribly. Spent all Wednesday night procrastinating. Achieved sleep deprivation, but not much work. Ultimately put me way behind. 

In the end, we were given an extension on maths. So, I got the micro assignment done without any issue. I don't have very much left on the maths assignment now (except one question I haven't done has me a little stumped), which is now due tomorrow.

This does push back my exam study a little. Although I do feel that working through this maths assignment is reasonable study in itself. 

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Plan for today (Sunday 29th October)

Food:

- Something quick on my way to barre.

- Proper breakfast out post barre

- Lunch with family - it's my brother's birthday. 

- Dinner at home

- Possibly snacks at home...but depends how big lunch it.

Other plans:

- Barre in the morning

- Family time in the middle of the day

- Finish this assignment

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

10 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Plan for Tuesday 31st October

Food:

- Everything at home

Other plans:

Study

(I need to find a bit more structure...any thoughts)

there was some talk in @Grumble's thread ala @Sylvaa I think about setting aside study time in half hour increments. so you could do a half hour of studying after breakfast before allowing yourself to eat lunch or do X.

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

9 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

there was some talk in @Grumble's thread ala @Sylvaa I think about setting aside study time in half hour increments. so you could do a half hour of studying after breakfast before allowing yourself to eat lunch or do X.

You Rang?

Yup! What I do is set aside 30 minutes every night to work on my school stuff - after which, I get tea and dark chocolate. It definitely keeps me motivated when I don't want to open my computer at night. :) 

Depending on your study plans / assignments, break it down into smaller pieces (i.e. I'm going to write out one paragraph, then give myself 10 minutes of NF or something similar). Sounds like you are so close! You got it!

• Like 2
10 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

10 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

You Rang?

Yup! What I do is set aside 30 minutes every night to work on my school stuff - after which, I get tea and dark chocolate. It definitely keeps me motivated when I don't want to open my computer at night. :) 

Depending on your study plans / assignments, break it down into smaller pieces (i.e. I'm going to write out one paragraph, then give myself 10 minutes of NF or something similar). Sounds like you are so close! You got it!

Thanks! I love the 30 min a night plan (and definitely wish I had been using it from the start of the semester). I definitely need to be putting in more than that now...but that has given me an idea. I have found the pomodoro technique helpful previously (it is basically 25 minutes of dedicated work with no distractions followed by a 5 min break...and repeat). So, I think that will be how I attack it today - and then we'll see how this goes. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Plan for Wednesday 1st November

Food:

- Breakfast, lunch and snacks at home

- Dinner out with my brother

Other things:

- Study (using Pomodoro technique) - goal for today is to complete the 2015 past exam for maths and to write out definitions for my microeconomics cheat sheet (they let us bring a double-sided A4 piece of paper into the exam).

- Try to line up some diving for the week after exam - something to look forward to will help, right? 

• Like 2

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

10 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Try to line up some diving for the week after exam - something to look forward to will help, right? 

absolutely!

Instagram | pinterest

Plan for Thursday 2nd November:

Food:

- Breakfast, lunch and snacks at home

- Dinner out

Other things:

- Haircut

- Training

- Study - keep using pomodoro, do 2016 maths past exam, work on the micro cheat sheet

- Heading to music bingo tonight - will hopefully be a reward for all my hard work. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Got the annoying news yesterday that I didn't get matched with a job for the first half of next year (though I did get my first preference for the second half of the year, so it isn't all bad). This means that I now have to apply asap to the clinics that didn't get matches for that term. 

Plan for Friday 3rd November

Food:

- Breakfast, lunch and snacks at home.

- Possibly dinner out with my brother (had to postpone the dinner we were supposed to have earlier in the week)

Other things:

- Get job applications off first thing in the morning (done).

- Phone interview with one clinic at 11am.

- Study - Continue Pomodoro, finish 2016 maths exam, actually do something for micro. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log