Lil_Red_Devil Channels the inner Demon Monkey

Friday:

Distance = unsure, but at least 2 miles
Calories = 2,109

Much tired, but muscled through work on caffeine and made it out to a concert last night with my SO. The opening at, The Brothers Osborne, were great. The main act, The Cadillac Three, not so much. They either had too much to drink before going on or they are more of a studio band.

• Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Epic Quest

"Even the smallest candle burns brighter in the dark."

oops, been a while since I stopped by. Cool armor! Woohoo on the inches lost!
Cheers hun! And don't worry, I sort of disappeared last week into paperwork, mortgage rates, insurance quotes and all that rubbish so you've not missed much :-)

So yeah, last week was treading water while I tried to manage the rest of my life. On the whole, though, it went alright considering. My weight and measurements remained stable, I managed around 2 miles a day during the week, and sanded the majority of my dining table surface so it's nearly ready for staining.

That's 10 miles further down the road, and as an added bonus, look what I found hiding behind the dorms on campus...

DSC_0025.JPG
  • Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Monday:

Distance = 2.3 miles
Calories = 1,523

Tuesday:

Distance = about a mile
Calories = 1,680

Very stressed of late, with little sleep, having to redo the mortgage on the house and then my SO feeling unwell. Trying to find the motivation to exercise, walk, or do anything really but falling short. I'll keep trying, as what else can you do.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

That's a nice looking Assassin Fitness Center hiding behind the dorms!

Indeed, I'm excited to play around on it. Hoping I have the energy this morning :-)

Wednesday:

Distance = 1.44 miles
Calories = 1,548

Slowly getting better, and have volunteered to lead a kids "Bear Hunt" leading up to Christmas, so that should be fun.

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

It got quiet in here.  You doing okay, Lil Red?

Hi Hazard, well, to be honest things were not so great for a little while. Remortgaging the Hobbit home was stressful, along with the usual strain of the holiday season with my SO, who doesn't like Christmas and is estranged from most of his family. But things are going a bit better now and I'm pushing ahead with my walking. I'll get a full update in later today. But thank you for checking on me, it really means a lot *hugs*
  • Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Hello again everybody!

Soooo, yeah, it's been a while, but I'm making a comeback!  Let me fill you in on what has been happening - 

20414446.gif

In short, we were remortgaging our hobbit hole and, since my SO has very little financial sense it was up to me to get it all sorted out.  I'm also STILL waiting for a surgery date.  I'm arguing with my Macbook on a seemingly daily basis, and, to add insult to injury, my SO is convinced I'm suffering with memory loss.  I'm not, I'm just stressed, but he won't be satisfied until I see the doctor and get a piece of paper saying "No really, she's fine."  I love that he cares enough to worry about me so much, but sometimes I just want to hit him upside the head lol!  All this stress meant that I stopped tracking my diet and activity, as it took quite a bit of energy just to keep DOING the things, let alone recording them.

We then had the holidays, which involved homemade cinnamon rolls and boardgames with a friend who has a similar estrangement from his family.  I understand my SO not being close to his family, but it does make Christmas difficult because my family, even across the many miles, is very close and we all LOVE Christmas!  New Years was spent up in Glasgow seeing some friends, which was great and, thankfully, didn't kill my health efforts as we walked pretty much everywhere.

This does not mean that I have not been regularly exercising, and in fact the argument about my memory reminded me to take a look at my priorities and to recognise that not everything is of equal importance in my day.  As such, I'm trying to really push myself to make sure that my health (both physical and mental) are a priority.  I've been walking more and I'm back to tracking my food and measurements, so I'll do my best to get back to reporting them here :)

• Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Ok, let's play a bit of catchup:

January 4:

Distance = 3.25 miles

Calories = 1,671

Weight = 159.4

Measurements = 38-31.5-40

January 5:

Distance = 0.5 mile

Calories = 1,509

January 6:

Distance = unknown (much house cleaning)

Calories = 1,036

January 7:

Did not record

January 8:

Distance = 0 (ill)

Calories = 1,483 (*grumble grumble* bread)

January 9:

Distance = 5.3 miles

Calories = 1,642

January 10:

Distance = 0.33 (brain in hyper-focus on work)

Calories = 1,583

Weight = 159.4

Measurements = 37.5-31-39.5

Travelling along the Old Forest is rejuvenating to the soul. There really is nothing quite like lying under the stars listening to the wind passing through the boughs. It strikes me the dichotomy of such a place - ancient trees that have stood for time unknown covered with new leaves that live their entire life in less than a year. The beautiful dances of nature :-)

• Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

January 12:

Distance = 6.91 miles
Calories = 2,053

So hungry! But I did walk a long way AND do 20 minutes of climbing training, so I likely burned a lot of those extra calories. I also got a chance to try out my new climbing gloves, which are awesome!! On inspiration from a friend, I went to the local golf shop and picked up some under armour cold-weather golfing gloves. The grip on the wet bars was amazing and, unlike a lot of non-gendered gloves, the small size actually fit my hands with very little excess at the fingertips.

I know my hands would naturally develop calluses and grip over time, but I like having soft skin. I also do a lot of computer work at the moment, so having shredded hands after every workout would just suck.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

The weekend was largely filled with DIY and mental health care (lots of reading and a trip to a masseuse), but I'm starting Monday feeling decently rested and motivated, which is no small thing. Probably managed a mile in total over both days, but I wasn't wearing my Garmin.

January 13:
Distance = unknown
Calories = 1,650

January 14:
Distance = unknown
Calories = 1,489

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

January 15:
Distance = 2.43 miles
Calories = 1,441

Tried to dance the leader part at tango this evening and failed utterly lol. Some followers could sense my directions while others seemed to want me to quite literally shove them around the dance floor.

• Haha 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Is that net calories? (Calories eaten minus exercise).  Or is that the total you ate?

Gross calories, as I don't trust the calorie burn numbers from my Garmin (it told me I burned an extra 1,200 from a 40 minute workout lol I wish!)

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Only a little over 900 calories seems pretty low. Cool that you found some gloves that work!
It is, but unfortunately I'm what the farming world would call an "easy keeper". My body naturally wants to carry bulk, and if I'm not doing heavy strength training then it all goes to pudge. It's a pain to get the pudge off, but once it's gone I'm normally pretty good at maintenance, erratic hormones and surgical recovery notwithstanding.
  • Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

The weekend was spent travelling to see a friend with severe social anxiety, so not much exercise and unknown foods as I didn't do the cooking, but I tried to limit myself to only eating as much as I was hungry for.

My brain weasels have been extremely active since my latest injection last Monday and, to make matters worse, the doctor is now telling me that surgery isn't likely until June or July now, which could interfere with flying home for a big family reunion in early August. I feel so powerless, and thus useless. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but it's so hard some days.

January 22:

Distance = 0

Calories = 1,641

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest