Lil_Red_Devil Channels the inner Demon Monkey

8 hours ago, Lil_Red_Devil said:

March 5:

Exercise = 15 minutes jogging, 15 minutes walking, 20 minutes calisthenics

Calories = 1,563

March 6:

Exercise = 3 mile walk

Calories = 1,845
*I both love and hate when friends visit. I can't stand all the questions and looks if I eat less than them ("Aren't you hungry?", "You don't need to lose weight", "Don't tell me you're turning into one of THOSE women..."), so I cave in :-(

I hardly ever say I am trying to lose weight as an answer, for this very reason.  I say I'm satisfied , or if I'm passing on dessert I say I'm cutting back on sugar (which is true) People feel bad abour their food choices and reflect it back on you. and UGH for dance drama, really are we still in jr. high people?!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I hardly ever say I am trying to lose weight as an answer, for this very reason.  I say I'm satisfied , or if I'm passing on dessert I say I'm cutting back on sugar (which is true) People feel bad abour their food choices and reflect it back on you. and UGH for dance drama, really are we still in jr. high people?!
I'll try to remember the sugar one. I'm not cutting back, but most people recognise it's a health thing do they aren't likely to fuss over it.
  • Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Epic Quest

"Even the smallest candle burns brighter in the dark."

March 7:

Exercise = 1 hour of yoga

Calories = 1,228

March 8:

Exercise = 1 hour tango dancing, 30 squats, 30 press ups

Calories = 1,267

Holding up fairly well, though the hunger is starting to set in. I'll need to up my water intake to silence the growling beast.

• Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

March 9:

Exercise = 1 hour walk, 30 squats and 30 press ups

Calories = 1,454

March 10:

Exercise = nothing formal but I did do a lot of walking around town, including 6 blocks and 2 flights of stairs fully loaded with grocery bags

Calories = 1,896 but very little junk food, I was just really hungry!

March 11:

Unknown exercise (DIY day) and unknown calories

Measurements = 155.2 lbs, 36.5-29.5-38.75

A good start, but I can do better :-)

• Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

March 12:

Exercise = 30 squats and 30 press ups, 2 hours of tango

Calories = 1,755

March 13:

Exercise = none

Calories = 1,080

Monday was stressful, as my SO lost his wallet so I had to buy him a new train ticket, then pick him up at the train station around 11:30pm to pay for his car parking. Thankfully I had tango to keep me busy for most of the night, but I did eat a bit more and had to have some Coke to stay awake.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Sometimes life doesn't go to plans. Tango sounds like fun.
That's very true. This whole week had been things not going to plan, but it seems like by some magical miracle I didn't get shoved off track, which is making me very happy.

I have no idea what I ate over the last few days, as they were full of first fever, then stressful arguments, and finally a group game day. But, my numers this morning at encouraging:

Measurements = 36.5-29.5-38.75
Weight = 154.2

Another pound down, HOO-RAH!
  • Like 2

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Monday: So. Tired. Stupid cat *grumble* 3:30am is NOT breakfast time... But you're so fluffy... Eat and drink anything that keeps me awake for this stupid symposium at work.

Exercise = Ha, yeah, nope
Calories = 2,212

Tuesday: Slightly better, but still recovering from sleep deprivation.

Exercise = 20 press ups and 20 squats
Calories = 1,454

Wednesday: No Brain, I do not need to start thinking about work at 4am. Go away.

Exercise = 20 press ups, 20 squats, and 40 minutes walking down to main campus and back
Calories = 1,341

Thursday: Sleep! Glorious sleep! Also tango practice :-)

Exercise = 30 press ups, 30 squats, and 60 minutes of tango
Calories = 1,570

Can I go crash in a corner now? Oh wait, I need to frost cupcakes... *splat*

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

I have seriously over-peopled. I've been working from home to hide and regenerate but that means very little exercise.

Friday:

Exercise = Nada (I barely survived the group office)
Calories = 1,407

Saturday:
Went to a fun tango event in town, but again, more people and a set menu.

Exercise = walking to the venue and an hour of tango dancing
Calories = 2,189

Sunday:

No idea. Friend's birthday. So tired.

Monday:
Hiding at home.

Exercise = nope
Calories = 1,325

Tuesday:
Still at home. Stupid UTI.

Exercise = I walked to the shop for cranberry juice
Calories = 1,127

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Wednesday: Symposium, but at least a decent lunch and limited biscuits/cakes to tempt me.

Exercise = walking across campus and back, dashing up the stairs several times to go to the ladies room *grumble*, and up 6 flights of stairs in the parking garage.

Calories = 1,471

#Measurements Update:

I had been measuring on Sundays lately, but this Sunday I was still carrying a food baby from a very late dinner the night before. So I delayed to avoid disappointing myself and measured this morning (Thursday)

Weight = 153.6
Measurements = 36.5-29.25-38.5

Slow down on the weight loss, but given the lack of exercise I'm not surprised. I'm just glad it's still moving in the correct direction. I think I'll go back to a Thursday weigh in so I don't feel a crash if I go out on a Saturday night and have a bit of leftover food tipping the scale.

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Hi everyone,

Easter weekend:

This was chaos - much DIY (I have 4 walls again in my sewing room, YAY!) and a friend stayed for the whole 4-day weekend to help and to avoid his family. We seem to be "that place" where friends go when they don't have anywhere else they can or want to go to for holidays. While I'm very happy being known as the safe haven, it does make maintaining any sort of schedule and diet difficult, and forget recording anything.

That being said, I did try to control my portions of all the yummy food and I don't think I did too bad since we were doing manual labour every day.

Tuesday, April 3:

Exercise = 1 hour walk, 30 press ups and squats
Calories = 1,455

Wednesday, April 4:

Exercise = 30 press ups and squats
Calories = 1,868

So much stress.

Working to finish revision on a publication before Friday and my supervisor seems to have no problem pushing everything right up to the last minute, which drives me mad. I know I don't like working to finish something at the last minute, so I prepare and plan, work out schedules of what needs to be done and give myself plenty of room at the end to unwind so I can read it once on submission day for grammar errors and click Send. That all goes out the window when your supervisor is a perfectionist who keeps poking at a project up until the last hours before the deadline and THEN suggests you give it one last read through..... At, you know, 10 at night when I should be going to sleep.... GAH!!

I also hate my office. I share a space the size of my living room with 12 other people and their desks. If only 2 or 3 are in, then it's bearable, but hey half a dozen or more and the noise is deafening. I end up working from home as much as possible, but again when you have a supervisor who won't settle on a day and time to have that meeting you need before the submission deadline, you have to be in the office on case they suddenly decide they have 30 minutes free right now.

Pretty sure this may be contributing to my anxiety and occasional stress eating. Open to suggestions on what to do about it.

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Greetings everyone!

It has been ages, but surgery takes a lot of wind out of the sails!

I'm pleased to report that everything went well.  The surgeon was able to remove 3 endometrial adhesions from my abdomen via laproscopic surgery and everything from the cervix up was removed via a vaginal hysterectomy.  Thankfully, this means that my recovery has been pretty swift and I'm back up to walking my normal distances, though they are more tiring than before.  I have also been doing some yoga to start getting my core back into the swing of things.  All is going well and, aside from two 1cm incisions, there will be no scarring from the surgery.  I have to admit, my inner surgeon was eyeing the stitching from the moment they removed the bandages and I was thoroughly impressed and am very glad I waited the extra time to get the surgeon I wanted.  

I also have to give major props to the staff at the BMI Priory, who were very attentive and took such good care of me, including liberal applications of tea.  They've even arranged a gynaecology physio appointment for me in a few weeks.  I had no idea that was even a thing!  But hey, any help to keep my remaining bits where they're supposed to be and in tip-top shape has got to be good.

As expected, nearly 4 weeks of inactivity coupled with 2 weeks of care provided by my SO who doesn't cook has had an impact on my weight and shape, but not nearly as much as I expected.  This is probably due to my lack of appetite after the surgery and my desire to get back moving as soon as possible.  I suspect there is still a bit of swelling around my abdomen, as my waist measurement has seen the biggest increase, but I'll just have to see how I get on.  Just before the surgery, I was at 152.6lbs and 36.5-29.25-38.5

Current weight = 156.4lbs

Current Measurements = 36.75 - 29.75 - 38.75

Now that I'm back to an acceptable level of activity, it's time to launch Project Homecoming!!

I would very much like to get down to 145lbs by my trip home (August 1st), which is in 12 weeks.  I know this is ambitious, but if some of this bulge is the result of fluid swelling, then it should come off a little more swiftly at first.  I'm also very much looking forward to being able to undertake full exercise and much climbing without the spectre of sudden pain.  I never realised how much that fear held me back, but for very good reason I suppose.  While clinging to a tree branch several feet in the  air is quite possibly the worst time to be struck with crippling pain, and the primitive survival-driven part of my brain must have registered that.  Now with that risk gone, I'm hoping to increase my confidence and push myself a bit more. 

I'm thinking that the best way to tackle this is to break it down into 3 x 4 week mini-challenges, and I'll probably follow a similar format to the ones run here on the forums.  Obviously I'd love to lose 5lbs from each challenge, but more importantly I want to build a new exercise routine in light of my new freedom and push myself to improve my fitness and climbing skills.  I'll keep my weekly Thursday weigh-in and measurements to track my progress, as it seems a good consistent point that I easily remember, but I'm open to suggestions for additional activities for my mini challenges.

Mini Challenge 1:

* Return to previous bodyweight fitness - able to do 3 sets of 10 press-ups, deep squats, lunges, crunches, and dips

* Return to previous walking fitness - walking for 1 hour at my SO's "storming" pace

* Complete traverse of the climbing bars

* Practising my calligraphy - write the alphabet (lower and upper case) once a day

I'll do my best to keep you all updated on how this is going, with photos so you can have a giggle at my terrible penmanship [emoji4]

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Update time!

Thursday, May 10 - 

Calories = 1588

Exercise = 30 minutes yoga, 5296 steps

DSC_0042.thumb.jpg.a43ff92dcd1fbefffb877aa0130da4c4.jpg

Friday, May 11 -

Calories =1428

Exercise = 30 minutes yoga, 5460 steps, 10 press-ups

I decided to try my hand at knitting this evening.  It did not go well.  I'm getting a friend to help me lol!

DSC_0046.thumb.jpg.fff40b79fcc04089133915bd2fa92db1.jpg

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Hormones - epic pain in the ass but apparently essential if I want to keep my bones from turning to dust.

Recent pros: new gym which is super fun, and lots of walking

Recent cons: Gained 3 pounds thanks to lady estrogen and being fed food I didn't make so I have no control over the calorie content.

Overall feeling grumpy but still determined.

• Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest

Sorry I missed your first post about the surgery. So glad it went well. Sorry about the weight gain, but once the hormones settle and you are back to cooking, I'm sure you will get back to where you want. ANd you will climb trees! I admit I've missed the awesome pictures  and tales of your tree climbing adventures. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Sorry I missed your first post about the surgery. So glad it went well. Sorry about the weight gain, but once the hormones settle and you are back to cooking, I'm sure you will get back to where you want. ANd you will climb trees! I admit I've missed the awesome pictures  and tales of your tree climbing adventures. 
Thanks hun, I'm looking forward to that too :)

Gym work is going well but ooft, my poor pectorals lol

But much love to the crew at Evolution of Fitness (http://www.evolutionoffitness.co.uk) for helping me find ways to work my muscles without risking injury to my surgical recovery.
  • Like 1

Level 2 Hedgehog

LRD's Daily Battle Log

Epic Quest