OK, here we go. Tracking closely this week!

This week (10/23 - 10/29), I will...

• Hit Step Count Every Day!

• M    TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

• Gym Three Times!

• Five Days of Good Food Choices!

• Magnesium AND Vitamins Every Day!

• M   TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

• Three Minutes of Planking Five Days!

If I succeed doing all of these things, I will treat myself to a set of rings I've had my eye on for a long time. I want these rings!!! 

So... HERE WE GO.

Monday, 10/23 check in:

• M    TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

• Gym Three Times!

• M   TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

On Monday, I ...

• Surpassed my step count (11,248/7,500)
  • Went to the gym - 15 mins of strength (arms/back) and 45 mins on the elliptical (hence the high step count!)
  • Took my magnesium and vitamin supplements

On Monday, I didn't...

• Love all of my food choices. I did well until the end, when I caved and grabbed far too much dessert
  • Plank... because I hadn't decided to start until Tuesday!

On Tuesday, I will...

• Get my step count, even without going to the gym (dance aerobics when I get home?)
  • Start planking! Woohoo!
  • Make a healthy smoked salmon salad for dinner :)
  • NOT eat chocolate chips and peanut butter (I already tossed the chips to prevent mindless snacking... the temptation is too strong for me)

Monday started off strong for me - woke up early and went to the gym, made good food choices for most of the day, got a lot accomplished... then I saw the bag of chocolate chips sitting next to the jar of peanut butter, and my mind just said "WANT." Ugh. It wasn't even in moderation... I didn't measure how many chips or how much peanut butter, just threw them right into the jar and watched television. So, whoops.

Today, I had my morning coffee and green tea. I'm planning on sushi for lunch (YUM), and a spinach salad with smoked salmon, green beans, peas, and a mustard dressing. I will NOT snack after dinner, unless I am genuinely hungry. Which, from past experience, I never am. I get bored, I think of tasty things that I just want, and then I eat it. IF I do decide to snack, I will have some Cheeze Its, but I'll measure and track. 

I will also remember to pack my gym bag and lay out my work out gear so I can go straight to the gym tomorrow morning. Depending on how I'm feeling, I might just elliptical it, but I'm hoping I can get some squats and leg presses in.

Tuesday, 10/24 check in:

• M    TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

• Gym Three Times!

• M   TU   W   TH   F   SA   SU

On Tuesday, I...

• Hit my step count (7732/7500) - marched in place and walked around my living room a lot while watching tv
  • Tracked all of my food and was happy with the choices I made
  • Took my magnesium and vitamins
  • Planked for a total of 3 minutes (six planks total)

On Tuesday, I didn't...

• Go to the gym, but I hadn't planned on it
  • Cook dinner like I intended, but I had leftovers instead

On Wednesday, I will...

• Go to the gym
  • Eat my smoked salmon and green beans for dinner (not sure if I'm feeling the salad yet... we'll see)

Tuesday was a good day. I'm happy that I hit my step goal... I was only halfway done when I got home from work, and I usually don't do too much moving after 7. So instead of sitting on my butt, I did some movement. Including planks! Ugh planks suck. I did six planks at about 30 seconds each (I think my fifth was ~40 seconds so I could "relax" a little during my last one). For now, I'm not interested in keeping the times on the individual planks - just wanna get planking! Hopefully I'll be able to do the full three minutes with *less* planks (obviously lengthening the time of the individual planks), but for now I'm just training my body to get used to them.

As I'm writing this Wednesday morning, I've already been to the gym and am a little over halfway to my step goal. I'll probably hit it before I leave work, but I still want to get some more movement in after work!