• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello!

So I’m not quite sure if this should go in the running, swimming or hiking section of this thread so I’ll just stick it in the general section. You’ll see down below why (I’m literally doing all three of those activities)

Swimming:
- 2-3x a week, 2,000 meters
- Wear fins when swimming for half 

Swim freestyle (or any stroke of choice) for 200m, get out of the pool and do 20 pushups and 20 abs of choice. Get back in the water and repeat above ten times. This totals 2000m of swimming 100-200 pushups and 200 abs of choice. This is one great workout for the arms and lungs. I add in a Hypoxic pyramid at every 100m.

Hypoxic- Swim 100m freestyle breathing every 4 strokes and build up to 10-12 strokes per breath for 50-100m each and work your way back down the pyramid. This workout, if you go from 2 - 12 - 2 using the even numbers as your step will only take about 20-30 minutes but will challenge your lungs to the maximum.

Running: 
- 5x a week run 5 miles (goal is to get a sub 12 minute 2 mile run)

Workout #1: 

- Run one mile easy/stretch

- Repeat 8-10 times

- Run 1/4 mile at 10-20 seconds under current mile pace

- Jog slow or walk 1:00

ex:

Say you are running a 9:00 1.5 mile run = 6:00 mile pace = 90 seconds 1/4 mile run. Try to hit these 1/4 mile intervals at 70-80 seconds. Benefits - increase foot speed, and build VO2 Max.

Workout #2: 

- Run one mile easy/stretch

- Repeat five times 

- Run 1/2 miles at 10 seconds under current mile pace 

- Jog slow or walk 2:00

Workout #3:

- Run one mile easy / stretch 

- Run one mile at 10 seconds above current mile pace 

- Jog 2:00 slow 

- Run one mile at current mile pace

- Jog 2:00 slow 

- Run one mile at 10 seconds faster than current mile pace

- Cool down jog 5:00

- Stretch

Workout #4

- Run 5:00/warm-up/stretch 

- Run for 30:00 total BUT 

- Run 1:00 sprint / followed by 1:00 slow jog for 30:00

I’ve been mixing these workouts in with my regular workout shown below in the theory of dropping my run time significantly. (I’m cutrently at about 7.5 per mile so I’m at 15 solid minutes for the 2 mile) (sooooo close!)

The Run and Leg PT Workout:
Repeat 4-5 times
- Run 1 mile at your goal pace (5-6/mile) (no ruck sack)
 - Squats - 30 
- Lunges - 20 / leg 
- Calves (heel raises) - 30 per leg

Hiking: on the weekends
The long distance ruck marches for 10-20 miles with at least 45 lbs in a rucksack. Rucksack for 1-4 hours at a time combined with smart foot care. My goal is 18 miles with 50 lb ruck sack in 4.5 hours. A good goal is to get 4 miles in under 35 minutes.

PT: Every Other Day 
- Pull-ups, 100 (10 sets of 10 reps). 
- Push-ups, 300 (15 sets of 20 reps). 
- Sit-ups, 300 (10 sets of 50 reps).

It’s a lot but I manage to squeeze it in and honestly, it’s so good to be moving so much again! I recently joined this community and so far it’s been really nice and informative and motivational!

Thank you guys!