Themoon

Hi there I’ve already posted this in a few different places but I didn’t realize I didn’t do it already for the challenge! So here you go!

Swimming:
- 2-3x a week, 2,000 meters
- Wear fins when swimming for half 

Swim freestyle for 200m, get out of the pool and do 20 pushups and 20 abs of choice. Get back in the water and repeat above ten times. This totals 2000m of swimming 100-200 pushups and 200 abs of choice. This is one great workout for the arms and lungs. Hypoxic pyramid adding the PT at every 100m. Hypoxic- Swim 100m freestyle breathing every 4 strokes and build up to 10-12 strokes per breath for 50-100m each and work your way back down the pyramid. This workout, if you go from 2 - 12 - 2 using the even numbers as your step will only take about 20-30 minutes but will challenge your lungs to the maximum.

Running: 
- 5x a week run 5 miles 

I’ve been incorporating at least two or three of the following workouts in hopes of decreasing my time, my goal is to have a sub 12 minute 2 mile.

Workout #1:

- Run one mile easy/stretch

- Repeat 8-10 times

- Run 1/4 mile at 10-20 seconds under current mile pace

- Jog slow or walk 1:00

Say you are running a 9:00 1.5 mile run = 6:00 mile pace = 90 seconds 1/4 mile run. Try to hit these 1/4 mile intervals at 70-80 seconds. Benefits - increase foot speed, and build VO2 Max.

Workout #2: 

- Run one mile easy/stretch 

- Repeat five times 

- Run 1/2 miles at 10 seconds under current mile pace 

- Jog slow or walk 2:00

Workout #3: 

- Run one mile easy / stretch 

- Run one mile at 10 seconds above current mile pace 

- Jog 2:00 slow

- Run one mile at current mile pace

- Jog 2:00 slow 

- Run one mile at 10 seconds faster than current mile pace

- Cool down jog 5:00 

- Stretch

Workout #4: 

- Run 5:00/warm-up/stretch

- Run for 30:00 total BUT 

- Run 1:00 sprint / followed by 1:00 slow jog for 30:00

Hiking: on the weekends
The long distance ruck marches for 10-20 miles with at least 45 lbs in a rucksack. Rucksack for 1-4 hours at a time combined with smart foot care. 18 miles with 50 lb ruck sack in 4.5 hours. A good goal is to get 4 miles in under 35 minutes.

PT: Every Other Day 
- Pull-ups, 100 (10 sets of 10 reps). 
- Push-ups, 300 (15 sets of 20 reps). 
- Sit-ups, 300 (10 sets of 50 reps).

Hope everyone has had a good start to thier challenge! Keep up the good work!
  • Like 1

Holy crap! Talk about some serious RangerBrain™. RangerBrain™ is an illness very common around here, it means you want to do more workouts than what's possible due to lack of time.

Some very impressive stuff you put up there, you are probably well trained already.

We got some runners already in our guild paging @Xena, @jonfirestar, @Charlie_Quinn. (and they will probably even know more).

We also got a PvP about running which you can find here

There also is a whole guild dedicated to runners which is called "Scouts". But feel free to stick around the Rangers if you want to, we are a merry bunch, and there is almost nothing that isn't covered by someone in our guild!

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

29 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Holy crap! Talk about some serious RangerBrain™. RangerBrain™ is an illness very common around here, it means you want to do more workouts than what's possible due to lack of time.

Or just physically impossible :D and we prefer the term 'condition' rather than illness, Willes! Nonetheless this is certainly a serious case of RangerBrain™! 

Nonetheless as one of the people around here who also does an inordinate amount of workouts let me ask, have you been following this regime for long? I read somewhere that this was your plan because you were looking to join the military. If you are conditioned enough to be doing this level of work, fair play!

9 hours ago, Themoon said:

I’ve been incorporating at least two or three of the following workouts in hopes of decreasing my time, my goal is to have a sub 12 minute 2 mile.

Curious minds would like to know what your current times are? There are people around here that would be happy to run 4 miles in 35 minutes, let alone with a 50lbs pack!

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

@Mr_Willes @Xena @jonfirestar @Charlie_Quinn

Well you all certainly are a merry bunch!

I wouldn’t go quite far as to Self- diagnosed with RangerBrain tm (probably denial but I’m in school to be a nurse) but I’ve been working on this for a year or two, way back when I was first interested in joining the military but sadly, my kidneys keep me from serving (I have Nephrocalcinosis) (I was going to go in as a W68 but I’m training to be a nurse so it’s not quite the same but I’ll still be helping people) so now it’s just something I like to do to keep healthy and in good shape. It’s a little extreme, granted, but it’s just what I’m used to. My current times are a 7:24 mile and a 14:50 2 mile last time I ran them. (I swam the 1,500m (time was 25 minutes) and I ran the 1600m in high school, I graduated last year.) I also grew up in Washington so there were lots of trails and hikes for me to go on! There’s this one that’s 17.9 miles and I would go on it every month or so, some times more.

thanks y’all!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Themoon said:

Well you all certainly are a merry bunch!

Yep :) Welcome to the Rangers, by the way.

Thanks for the info, I was a little concerned that you were jumping into your plan cold but it turns out that you are just a major badass!

We currently have a walking/running distance PVP going. Feel free to join in. With numbers like those you would be a contender and I always relish more competition! 

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

On 10/28/2017 at 5:35 PM, Xena said:

Hi There! How did week 1 work out for you?

Amazingly well! Just got back from a run and I’ve been swimming every few days and been doing push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups every other day. I’m gonna work on an essay for school, I mean play Fallout New Vegas ultimate edition, I mean focus on school, cause I just got it :adoration:, a little pre birthday treat for me cause my birthday is on Saturday!

• Like 2
On 10/26/2017 at 9:14 AM, jonfirestar said:

Yep Welcome to the Rangers, by the way.

Thanks for the info, I was a little concerned that you were jumping into your plan cold but it turns out that you are just a major badass!

We currently have a walking/running distance PVP going. Feel free to join in. With numbers like those you would be a contender and I always relish more competition! 

Awww lol I’ve never been called a major badass before :GB_bonesrock: I’ll definitely join the PVP!

On 11/1/2017 at 12:54 AM, Themoon said:

Thank you! Any idea of doing a sort of special birthday workout? I once knew a guy who really pushed himself on his birthday as a way of celebrating for himself before he went out with his family and friends.

Sorry I'm late! I definitely know people who do one lap around the track or one mile for each year. Or I know people who try to run 5 miles and get a time (in minutes) under their age...this obviously isn't really possible until you rack up some years!

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

17 minutes ago, Xena said:

Sorry I'm late! I definitely know people who do one lap around the track or one mile for each year. Or I know people who try to run 5 miles and get a time (in minutes) under their age...this obviously isn't really possible until you rack up some years!

Oh geez 5 miles in 19 minutes!

• Like 1

Hey guys!

so my weekend was fun! I got some very nice gifts from friends and snagged a few bowls of ice cream (no cake for me, never liked it ha) but I went for a six mile walk in an hour (so about 3 miles per 30 minutes) with a friend, did some body weight work, while she counted out my reps, though I did get her to do some push ups on her knees so I consider it a good day! That was all for fitness so no swim or run but at least I got some distance and some strength in. 

Hope your week is going well!

• Like 2