Totally unsexy accomplishment about money

This is not a sexy accomplishment at all, but I'm super proud of it. I set a goal by the end of November to have all recurring charges (Hulu, Netflix, etc...) moved off of credit cards and onto my checking account. I'm trying to pay off my debts, and my first step is to stop accruing more debt. 

Today, I moved my last recurring charge over! I know I'm going to be way more thoughtful about recurring charges I set up, now that I see them coming out of my checking account every month. 

I feel like today is Day One of not going into more debt!!!

• Like 6
On 10/31/2017 at 12:34 PM, SeanP said:

Awesome, debt sucks!  Crush it anyway you can! 

Debt TOTALLY sucks! It's getting in the way of things I want to do. I'm crushing it, killing it, and destroying it!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Harleytrypp said:

No CarolAnnS, that is TOTALLY a sexy accomplishment... debt sux as mentioned above.  The fact that you are taking intelligent steps to get our of debt, and not accrue any more unnecessarily.... so hot!   keep up the good work.

Thanks! I wish I'd done this years ago. I feel so liberated, it's so weird! I didn't think it would be a big deal mentally! Now I get all into seeing my overall debt amount go down each month! Crazy!

Congrats!

I use a credit card for every day purchases and another for a few recurring charges, but I pay them off with every paycheck, so never any interest charges, but I still accumulate points. Almost $50 a month in cash back!

But getting existing credit card debt paid down is a great feeling! Working on my wife's student loans right now. She has 3 degrees... Every bonus goes towards the highest interest one, and and an extra $300 a month should get rid of that one in a few months. :) Making the minimum payment would take like 7 more years!

• Like 1