Challenge: Br0din presents Rowvember

Br0din

It is deemed time to partake in an epic challenge of body and mind.  I have seen Br0's and Swolemaidens struggle and excel at all the glorious feats of strength like squats, deadlifts, snatch, clean and jerks just to name a few.  I've also witnessed the awesomeness of the lifting Br0 with the shrugs, curls, bench press and calf raises.  However, one neglected body part must be given its proper worship.  The back.

2egcswh.gif

In light of this, I declare this month to be Rowvember.  You shall go to your Iron Sanctuary and give worship by doing 10 sets of 10 1 arm rows within 10 minutes.  Make sure you are doing proper 1 arm rows.  This is a great example of a proper row.

1432308569-single-arm-rows.gif

You are allowed to use straps.  This was written with the intent you use Dumbbells, but kettlebells are allowed.  If you have an idea for something else, ask for permission first for it to count.  Cable rows are not allowed.  

As not all worshipers are at the same level of difficulty, so do the level that will challenge you. 

Weights in (m/f)

Beginner  25lbs/ 15lbs and over            +.5 str, +1 wis, +.5 con

Medium 50lbs/ 30lbs and over              +1 str, +1 con

Hard  75lbs/45lbs and over                    +1 str, +1 con, +.5 sta

Nightmare 100lbs/60lbs and over        +2 str, +1.5 con, +.5 sta

No one completed nightmare last time, but if someone is worthy.  There is a secret hidden level that's so hard that it scared everyone for reals.

Image result for you're not worthy

Summary:  1-arm dumbbell row, your difficulty level, 10 reps each side, 10 sets; for time.  Post your glory in this thread.

This Challenge will run the entire month of November.

• Like 3

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I wanted to have a challenge that can difficult every level lifter and I didn't want to limit awesomeness by not making a hard enough level. So, Nightmare is... tough. And... it leaves something on the table to train for in the future improvement. 

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

I'm going to have to start conservatively low to see how it jives with my shoulder mish, but I will give it a go next back day!!

12 minutes ago, RedStone said:

I'm going to have to start conservatively low to see how it jives with my shoulder mish, but I will give it a go next back day!!

This is a good strategy for all.  Start off with an "easy" (for you) weight and then build it up.

• Like 1

Wheymen

10 minutes ago, Br0din said:

This is a good strategy for all.  Start off with an "easy" (for you) weight and then build it up.

Ja. I was tempted to request a lady bug tee ball version, but I think 15 is conservatively light for me. If it's a no-go for now, I'll just have to show up epic next year!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Grumble said:

9 sets in 9:57 on hard mode.

Let's go people. I know you can beat me.

Image result for whoa

That's better than anyone has done it so far.  but still not good enough for the hidden level.

Image result for thor hammer

• Like 1

Wheymen

12 hours ago, Jon, Destroyer of Mice said:

We'll aim for completion first.

:o 

giphy.gif 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Finished beginner* 9:38.

* 1) I don't do rows. I hate rows with the fire and fury of a thousand suns, though db version is definitely the least objectionable.

2) I just got new gear that I'm breaking in this week by adjusting PRs

3) These shenanigans directly followed OHP PR (weight and reps), and deadlift PR yesterday

• Like 6

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

37 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

* 1) I don't do rows. I hate rows with the fire and fury of a thousand suns, though db version is definitely the least objectionable.

3) These shenanigans directly followed OHP PR (weight and reps), and deadlift PR yesterday

But rows are so much fun.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 11/3/2017 at 1:52 PM, Mallorey said:

Oooh I'm interested! And I love one arm rows :), seeing as I've been having a hard time with barbell rows maybe working one arm at a time some more might do me well :D I will get started as soon as I get back to my regular gym (seeing as my parent's gym doesn't... have free weights :sorrow:)

Awesome! The more the merrrrrrrier! 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 11/3/2017 at 11:59 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Yissss PRs

• Thanks 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Just realized it was the last day so I snuck it in just under the wire! I played it safe on easy with 15... think I could have done 20 or 25, but haven't been training much/hella sick AF so I stuck with it. I don't think 30 would be in the cards, even on my best day. Also as I write this I just realized that I read the instructions wrong, and did EMOM for 10 minutes. Oopsie. well.. technically I did 10 sets in 10 minutes... soo....

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I guess Rowvemenber is over...  So sad...

• Like 1

Wheymen

17 hours ago, Br0din said:

I guess Rowvemenber is over...  So sad...

Rejoice....

We are now into Deadcember....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...