Greetings and salutations

Hi everyone. I've been hanging around reading NF articles now for a number of years and over that time have always said to myself "oh i'll create an account one day" well I'm nearly 30, I have no friends a job that kinda sucks, zero motivation and to make matters worse (bare with me its not all bad news) I have a wonderful partner and 2 young girls that I absolutely adore watching me sink into a spiral of self doubt and depression. 

So today is that day, today is the day that I start to really change my life and turn it from the black empty dungeon with goblins hiding behind every door to the bright sunny meadows and old growth forests of the elves. 

A little bit about myself,

I'm nearly 30, I have a wonderful partner of 2 years and 2 wonderful girls (I am unfortunate that I can't say they are biologically mine, but I love them like they are) that I tend to talk about alot. I work as an accountant in Melbourne Australia (Kangaroos and deserts, not Alpines and Mozart) and over the years almost all my hobbies and interests have fallen by the way side. I tend to struggle around people I don't know and have a tendency to withdraw and pull away from people making it difficult for me to keep in touch with friends, i'm one of those few that when I say its me not you I actually mean it. I used to play a fair bit of DnD 3.5 and RPG/FPS games but of late the xbox only gets used for Netflix. I do a little bit of weight work and some cardio but nothing to brag about. I enjoy hiking but haven't done anything about in far too long. And i'm currently trying to turn our family eating habits away from take out and "quick" meals of meat and oven baked chips to something a little healthier (although the battle with trying to get the kids to eat vegetables is an epic quest each night by itself). My will power is almost completely empty every day and that is my first challenge.

I look forward to becoming part of the community.

~Corey

• Like 1