• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

7h498.jpg

I'm back! Or at least I hope so. :P

The wedding in September was a smach, everything turned out amazing and I had the time of my life! So ok, the wedding came and went and a few weeks later I started feeling like shit honestly. Was always tiered, couldn't sleep properly and got more and more sensitive around certrain smells and stuff. And then came the puking.

9b4c0eeb139316917bf81ebcbc38dc52.jpg

So yeah....turns out we didn't even spend a week as proper man and wife until shit got super real. XD I'm preggers! YAY!

I think....

To be totally honest it scares the living crap out of me. How the hell am I supposed to take care of a baby when I can hardly take care of myself?! Ohwell, time will tell I guess. But to the POINT! I'm still obese. And I know that being obese is a whole other lvl of shitstorm to add to the normal crap of being preggers. So now that I have stopped puking my gutts out every morning I was planning on getting my shit together and getting my groove back on. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow and then we'll take all the measurements. Not fun. But it is what it is. But now I need to figure out what kind of stuff I can do when it comes to eating and moving around with a baby on board without messing everything up. I'm happy for all ideas and input!

• Like 1

Hi, calorie counting and knowing your bodies energy demands is really important to this process.  Even if you only count your calories for 1 month, that experience can help you the rest of you life (due to learning calories and fat/protein/carbs) in various meals.  Losing weight is a process, it took a while for you to put on the weight so getting it off will take a while too.  Doing it gradually is healthier anyway and will help you maintain your metabolism.  Many people have too big of a calorie deficit, which studies show can reduce your metabolism by 25%, then they tend to quickly gain the weight back.  I suggest you start out by using an online TDEE calculator to estimate your breakeven calories This is only an estimate, by tracking your weight you can make adjustments to your calories.  I recommend trying to stick to a 20% calorie deficit, that calculator allows you to choose that.

For diet, things like vegetables and drinking plenty of water will help you feel more satieted.  For protein egg whites, lean turkey meat, chicken breast and thighs without the skin, fish are all good choices.  For cabs unrefined whole wheat bread, brown jasmine rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain pastas are all good and have plenty of dietary fiber.  It is also important to get some healthy fats for you hormones and body to function well, but be careful these are packed with a lot of calories.   Examples are avocado and walnuts.

On 11/2/2017 at 10:18 AM, Adrianne said:

To be totally honest it scares the living crap out of me. How the hell am I supposed to take care of a baby when I can hardly take care of myself?! Ohwell, time will tell I guess. But to the POINT! I'm still obese. And I know that being obese is a whole other lvl of shitstorm to add to the normal crap of being preggers. So now that I have stopped puking my gutts out every morning I was planning on getting my shit together and getting my groove back on. I have an appointment with the midwife tomorrow and then we'll take all the measurements. Not fun. But it is what it is. But now I need to figure out what kind of stuff I can do when it comes to eating and moving around with a baby on board without messing everything up. I'm happy for all ideas and input!

Is it too early to ask how the midwife appointment went? The great thing about being pregnant is that all of the things you should be doing are still the same! 

Being obese while pregnant can raise your risk level for a lot of common pregnancy issues, so it's important to do what you can to keep yourself as healthy as possible. If you don't have a regular workout routine now, focus on walking more. I also do not agree with worrying about being in a calorie deficit right now - focus on getting calories from whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, and lean meats (depending on options available, you will need to limit / avoid certain fish while pregnant so talk to your doctor about this). Your body uses more calories while growing a baby, so you might find you lose weight anyway. 

• Like 1

First off, congratulations!

Be sure that you are taking care of your mental health. I gained much more weight during my pregnancies when I was depressed than when I was in a better place emotionally. Eating for two is a myth. You only need a few extra calories. Now is not the time to be worried about losing weight. Even if you are not consuming enough calories to maintain your own body, you are growing another one which is growing rapidly. You can always ask the midwife to not report your weight, just talk about nutrition and only bring it up if there is something to truly worry about.

With using a midwife, are you planning on a natural birth? I've been through some and holy cow is that a physically exhausting experience. You really need to be sure you have some good nutrition leading up so you don't start. I'm not saying you can't ever indulge, because sometimes the baby may demand you eat nachos. Just try to make most of the meals healthy. Also, I highly recommend a childbirth class and a doula or close friend/family that can be with you through labor. You can do this!

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎04 at 12:18 AM, Sylvaa said:

Is it too early to ask how the midwife appointment went? The great thing about being pregnant is that all of the things you should be doing are still the same! 

Being obese while pregnant can raise your risk level for a lot of common pregnancy issues, so it's important to do what you can to keep yourself as healthy as possible. If you don't have a regular workout routine now, focus on walking more. I also do not agree with worrying about being in a calorie deficit right now - focus on getting calories from whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, and lean meats (depending on options available, you will need to limit / avoid certain fish while pregnant so talk to your doctor about this). Your body uses more calories while growing a baby, so you might find you lose weight anyway. 

No no, it's ok to ask! As it was I just went in to take a load of blood tests and such. I'm all good. Got a Little high blood preassure but I always get that when they take it in the hospital. I have that lovelly White coat syndrome...yay. But besides that I'm healthy.

Yeah, I know that being obese is making this much more difficult, or at least can make it more difficult. My midwife has forbidden me from dieting but she wants me to eat healthy and move as much as I can. We have also gone over what I can and can't eat and most of the stuff I can have. The funny thing is that I have more or less completely lost interest in sweets. I crave salty black liquorice like crazy but that I'm not really allowed to eat too much of. The plan is to walk for an hour a day and then start swimming again on tuseday and thursday just to get something else in. Besides that I need to take care of my sleep and make sure I get enough.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎04 at 10:32 PM, Trixie Falsae said:

First off, congratulations!

Be sure that you are taking care of your mental health. I gained much more weight during my pregnancies when I was depressed than when I was in a better place emotionally. Eating for two is a myth. You only need a few extra calories. Now is not the time to be worried about losing weight. Even if you are not consuming enough calories to maintain your own body, you are growing another one which is growing rapidly. You can always ask the midwife to not report your weight, just talk about nutrition and only bring it up if there is something to truly worry about.

With using a midwife, are you planning on a natural birth? I've been through some and holy cow is that a physically exhausting experience. You really need to be sure you have some good nutrition leading up so you don't start. I'm not saying you can't ever indulge, because sometimes the baby may demand you eat nachos. Just try to make most of the meals healthy. Also, I highly recommend a childbirth class and a doula or close friend/family that can be with you through labor. You can do this!

Thank you! :D 

Yeah, that is one thing I'm struggeling with to be honest. I feel like a faliure for getting pregnant at this weight and I'm worried I will kill the baby....I don't think I've ever said it out loud before but yeah. That is what I'm worried about. I've been feeling so damn sick in the mornings that I've been having a hard time eating all together but finally I might be able to start getting going again with a decent food-scheduel. Wrote down the whole weeks intake last night so now I feel more in control again. :) 

• Like 1