The Story of Scalyfreak

Stranded in a strange and foreign land, one single ally by her side, scalyfreak set out to explore, learn, and conquer. She fought the terrible fiends Fear and Fury. She defeated the Misery Monsters. She reaped rewards and earned glory. But over time, it gradually became clear that in her eagerness to amass fortunes and experience, scalyfreak had forgotten to pay attention to the main quest line: The one that requires her to guard her own health and well-being.

It is time to refocus on the main plot. However, standing in scalyfreak’s way are the most challenging opponents she has ever faced: The never-dying twin dragons, Procrastination and Self-Indulgence.

Scalyfreak has faced the dragons before. Long, hard-fought battles that inevitably always ended in her defeat. But not this time. This time, she has changed her strategy, and she is preparing for the battle with patience and focus.

This time, it will end differently.

Hello everyone. As you now doubt have figured out, I'm new here. 

I like playing D&D and video games, I read way too much, and occasionally try my hand at cheesy fiction writing. When I'm not doing whatever I feel like doing, I work in a tech support center for computer parts. It is just as crazy as you've heard it is - trust me when I say none of those stories are exaggerated.

My NF Character is a bit misleading. For one she is at level 2 even though I am brand new here. When I went through the quest list to put stars on the ones I wanted to do, I found several that I completed while at the gym yesterday, so I marked them as complete. For another, she is currently a rebel, but  am pretty certain I am actually a warrior. I recently discovered the sheer awesome that is a well executed deadlift, and I genuinely enjoy doing squats. (I've been told this makes me weird. I think that's a good ting.)

I am recovering from a leg injury and have lost all momentum I once had when it comes to working out,  and I'm trying to get that back. I have never had momentum when it comes to my diet, so I'm starting from scratch there. I am still not entirely sure how the challenges here work - reading up on that is on my todo list - but when I figure them out, I plan to do them in pairs. One challenge to take me closer to defeating Procrastination, and one to prepare for eliminating Self-Indulgence.

The first two, to help kickstarting the missing momentum will be:

1. Go for a walk every day, regardless of weather
  2. Stop drinking soda except on special occasions
  • Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Welcome to the rebellion!

First of all - big thanks for all of your help with reporting spam threads! Football season seems to have made it crazy! 

Secondly, sounds like you are super ready to start this process! Found your challenge thread and I will be following along - can't wait to see you be even more amazing!

• Like 1

What are you talking about? I'm already amazing! As well as over-weight and out of shape, but I'm working on fixing the last two... :)

And you're welcome on the spam threads. I loathe them myself. Left-over from having been a forum moderator in a long distant past.

• Like 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

13 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

What are you talking about? I'm already amazing! As well as over-weight and out of shape, but I'm working on fixing the last two... :)

And you're welcome on the spam threads. I loathe them myself. Left-over from having been a forum moderator in a long distant past.

You are totally right! I've edited above comment!

I never realized how much I hate them (and how many there were!) until I got the power to get rid of them! 

• Like 1

Great, no pressure now...

How do I become a Revolter? I love that title! I could turn "revolting" into a verb and get away with doing it to people!

Thanks! I can absolutely do that. I'm a talkative sort of person, online at least.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 9:42 PM, scalyfreak said:

I recently discovered the sheer awesome that is a well executed deadlift, and I genuinely enjoy doing squats. (I've been told this makes me weird. I think that's a good ting.)

Sounds like it's time to pay visit to the altar of the iron temple. Squats are friends. Come visit our challenges and see how people approach them. They're generally awesome, like you. Also, like you, I am recovering from some injuries and finding ways to work around them. Annoying, but part and parcel. Welcome!

I'm doing a challenge thread in the newb forum right now, but I will probably come visit the forge for my next challenge. I want to learn how to do a proper overhead press.

I'm have not fared so well lately,  fighting the long road.

so I wandered in this place; seeking respite...

and I must say

what be this Place?  and yes, well fare thee stranger.  have a brew. have ye done well recently against the twin menacing monsters?  Many a great Hero has succumbed to them, methinks....

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Um. I may have avoided battling the two monsters... actually I took a stab at Self-Indulgence, and I think I drew blood. Procrastination on the other hand... that one is still too powerful for me.

I need to level up a lot more before I face them head on, and upgrade my weapons and armor as well.