Hi there,

I'm in my late 30s with a physical job but still a little over weight. I keep asking myself where is like to be a year's time (fitter, more content, less anxiety)

But when I turn around another year has gone and not much has changed...

So I'm going to make more of an effort, starting small  with a bit of exercise and a bit meditation I'm hoping to build both of them into a lifetime habit.

Thanks for listening and if anyone's got any hints of love to hear them.

Jim

Hi and welcome!

I'm new here too and in the same situation. I would suggest checking out the challenges forum and maybe post your own. The community here seems great, and  seems happy to help me build my own life-long habits.

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

IDK Jim: I've lost over 45# in the past 4 months what has really worked for me is cleaning up my diet and even though I like you work a very physical job adding 30 min or so of hiit to my daily practice three times a week. The other days I really ought to run-walk or crawl but I haven't got there yet. My town is full of hills.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Jimscarecrow said:

too much skyrim

There is no such thing.

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 11/5/2017 at 5:54 PM, Jimscarecrow said:

Hi there,

I'm in my late 30s with a physical job but still a little over weight. I keep asking myself where is like to be a year's time (fitter, more content, less anxiety)

But when I turn around another year has gone and not much has changed...

So I'm going to make more of an effort, starting small  with a bit of exercise and a bit meditation I'm hoping to build both of them into a lifetime habit.

Thanks for listening and if anyone's got any hints of love to hear them.

Jim

Hi Jim,

How the health and fitness goals coming along?