• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

moonboots

Bulletproof (Butter) Coffee

I know there seems to be some disagreement on whether butter is paleo or not. Does anyone have any experience with butter coffee/bulletproof coffee? Is it a worthy exception to not drinking your calories? I have a coworker who swears by it and my limited experience has been great but don't want to derail my journey here right as i start by not giving it up if necessary.

My question would be why it's necessary. Chucking some butter in your coffee isn't some sort of magical panacea that will suddenly turn you into Godzilla or something.

The world loves its fad foods, and I think buttercoffee is just another one of them.

That said, if you really enjoy it and want it to be an exception to your diet, don't sweat it. Unless you're putting a whole stick in there it probably won't ruin you, assuming everything else is in line.

For the record I usually put coconut oil in my coffee to stretch the boost. I tried butter this morning. Not really the same. I'm done putting honey or any other natural sweetner in my coffee, done. No more of that. Black coffee puts hairs on your chest, sugar and white bring early rest.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

If you NEED calories, it's pretty great.  If you're keto/heavy fat dependent in your diet/workouts, it's pretty great.

It's absolute shit for losing weight, because it's essentially drinking 500 calories in no time.  Calories that aren't THAT filling (though fat does have satiating properties), and could be used for, I dunno, 5 pounds of veggies instead.

Can it work in a weight loss routine?  Sure.  So can ice cream, pizza, and soda.  It's about the moderation.  But like @calanthrophy said, it's not some magical panacea.

If you NEED calories, it's pretty great.  If you're keto/heavy fat dependent in your diet/workouts, it's pretty great.

It's absolute shit for losing weight, because it's essentially drinking 500 calories in no time.  Calories that aren't THAT filling (though fat does have satiating properties), and could be used for, I dunno, 5 pounds of veggies instead.

Can it work in a weight loss routine?  Sure.  So can ice cream, pizza, and soda.  It's about the moderation.  But like [mention=48407]calanthrophy[/mention] said, it's not some magical panacea.
Excellent input Phoenix. If I may reply it seems one man's (or woman's) butter coffee may be different than another's. 500 calories is pretty big I really can't endorse that unless you are replacing a meal (please don't do that this way). The way I mix it I get about 120 calories in my 12oz of dirty water. No honey to sweeten so there's that. If the stretched out energy keeps me from impulse eating that's great. Better BMs are great but.... if you are having hard poops you need more veggies anyway. Fat is great long burning fuel however if you are trying to drop pounds it's pretty much better to try to burn what you have already. That said if you want coffee before your morning run. Leave the grease out.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk