Hey everyone! Nice to meet y'all!

I'm Spencer! Just your average college guy who loves to game, read, draw, and basically be a huge nerd. 

Found this site while browsing Reddit for life advice. (Great start, I know.) I've tried things similar in the past, trying to get myself to get off my ass and actually move. As for the fitness goals I have, I've wanted to enter a physique show ever since I was little and Arnold in the movie Pumping Iron. I thought he looked like a real life superhero, and since then I've wanted to better myself. My only problem is... I'm incredibly lazy. I've started and stopped so many times I can't even remember what I've done. However, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, and as a twenty-something, that was shocking. I'm trying to turn that around and live a healthier life. This site seems like the right mix of elements, and I can't wait to start!

Here's hoping for a better life!

"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds." -Gordon B. Hinckley 

NF Profile

3 hours ago, Spencer the Paladin said:

Hey everyone! Nice to meet y'all!

I'm Spencer! Just your average college guy who loves to game, read, draw, and basically be a huge nerd. 

Found this site while browsing Reddit for life advice. (Great start, I know.) I've tried things similar in the past, trying to get myself to get off my ass and actually move. As for the fitness goals I have, I've wanted to enter a physique show ever since I was little and Arnold in the movie Pumping Iron. I thought he looked like a real life superhero, and since then I've wanted to better myself. My only problem is... I'm incredibly lazy. I've started and stopped so many times I can't even remember what I've done. However, I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure, and as a twenty-something, that was shocking. I'm trying to turn that around and live a healthier life. This site seems like the right mix of elements, and I can't wait to start!

Here's hoping for a better life!

Welcome to the rebellion Spencer! Feel free to look around, and maybe have a look at the 4-week challenges. That tends to be the best area for us nerds trying to grow on habits.

Level 38 [TBD]

Welcome to the fun place! I was diagnosed with high BP in my early 30s, and my doctor told me age is a very minor factor compared to genetics and life style. We can control one of those two... let's go! (Literally. Moving around and being active makes BP go down if you do it regularly and over a long stretch of time.)

Don't let the fact we're halfway through the four weeks deter you from setting up your challenges. In fact, starting with a smaller one might be easier for a first-timer?

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50