Not my w00t, Steve's w00t!!

(See attached image)

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/epic-18-month-exercise-trip-around-the-world/story-e6frfq80-1226334453882

No sweat: Man's Epic 18-month exercise trip around the world

Save this story to read later

BY KATE SCHNEIDER

news.com.au

April 21, 2012

12:00AM

Man completes exercising trip around 16 countries

Has compiled an impressive video of his feats

His 18-month journey spanned nearly 200,000km

How to travel the world for free

ALSO

Why overhead luggage is out of control

Watch

Exercising around the world

The man behind 'Nerd Fitness' decided to self-fund a 16-country, 18-month adventure around the world - by exercising.

Play

0:00 / 3:27Scrubber

mute

Fullscreen

Related Coverage

Obituary: Dr Mike deGruy

Liverpool's soccer cat goes viral

Caught on camera: The ultimate road trip?

Going for a record-breaking trek

Ben's is epic no paddle in the ocean

SICK of staring at a blank wall while working up a sweat at the gym and longing to spice up your routine?

One fitness fanatic has taken his workouts to a whole new level by embarking on an exercise trip around the world.

Steve Kamb, 27, went on a self-funded epic 18-month journey that spanned 16 countries and nearly 200,000km.

Proving you don’t need gym equipment to keep fit while travelling, he has compiled a video showing him doing a range of exercises and stretches at spectacular locations around the world.

The video shows him running out of his house and warming up in Madrid, doing jumping jacks at the stunning Milford Sound in New Zealand as well as the Whitsunday Islands and then skipping in front of Uluru.

He exercises on top of mountains, on boats, with Elvis impersonators, in front of temples, at the Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand, the Eiffel Tower, a scenic beach in Thailand and on the famous Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland.

Mr Kamb, from Massachusetts in the US, said he was inspired when he took his first trip outside of the US to Peru back in 2010 with a friend.

He runs the website Nerd Fitness and thought it would be fun to create a video of him doing push-ups at Machu Picchu. That prompted him to organise a trip around the world.

But it came at a hefty price.

“I decided to sell my car, my furniture, and most of my possessions so that I could book an around-the-world trip,†he said.

He spent most of 2011 technically “homeless†while visiting Australia, New Zealand, south east Asia, China, and Japan before jumping over to Europe to explore Spain, France, and Ireland.

“My trip began in Australia, and I knew I wanted to come up with a fun and clever way to document my adventure,†he said.

“Because I had the footage of me doing push ups in Peru, I figured I'd just exercise somehow in each fun location and figure out how to put a video together after that.â€

He was also inspired by the “Where the Hell is Matt" videos which show a traveller dancing at various locations around the world, and hopes to pass on some inspiration.

“I just hope this video makes people smile, and maybe inspires others to start planning their own epic adventure.

“And it doesn't need to be a worldwide adventure either - even just a trip to a place that's always been on the ‘visit someday’ list... there is no ‘someday’."

Travel the world for free: Man thinks outside the box

Steve Kamb proves you don't need to be stuck in a boring gym to get fit. Picture: Steve Kamb

GO STEVE!!

post-380-13567243593341_thumb.jpg

My Workout Log: Ass Getting Kicked. || My Beach 2012 Photolog: WINTER Beach 2012.

Convict Conditioning progression:

PushUps: Lvl3 || Leg Raises: Lvl3

Squats: Lvl7 || Bridges: Lvl4

PullUps: Lvl2 || Handstand Pushups: Lvl1 o_0