Happy to find this place!

Happy to find this place!  I've had a good health & fitness run for the past 5 years but have come to the realisation I've fallen off the wagon completely for the past 6-7 months.  It's hard to believe that I used to look forward to working out and salad was delicious!  Now working out seems like a total drag again,  I don't eat as many veggies and honestly am binge on sweets to varying degrees every day.

I was never super strong, fast or flexible but I do realise I am probably not going to get back to where I was.  Or at least any time soon.  When I was really on top of all this fitness stuff, I was at a point in my life where I did not have much else going on. I easily had the time to batch cook meals and work out.  Now that I have some projects I am very excited about kicking off, my time is taken up a bit more and I find it much easier to get into old habits.    This isn't to make excuses by any means! I am here because I want to get back onto some healthy habits. I feel happy and proud of other aspects of my life, but am also feeling more lethargic and depressed due to my unhealthy choices.  We all know how good working out is for mental health.  Anyways I just need to find a new balance as my schedule is not as open as it used to be.

With the knowledge that new habits start slowly, my only goal for today is to not eat any sweets.  I am not out to cut sweets from my life entirely, but I need to kick my cravings.  I've done it in the past and I can do it again.

I look forward to getting to know people here!  Hooray for all of us!

• Like 3

Hey Steven, welcome to Nerd Fitness! Sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what happened and where to start to get back on track, but let us know if you want any help or tips figuring out how to get started. Between us, we can usually come up with some workable ideas. ;) 

Around here we do four-week challenges, wherein we set a few small, actionable goals for ourselves and work on them over the course of four weeks. Some people pick some consecutive goals and work on them one week at a time, while others focus on developing habits or finishing projects. It's a very flexible system that nevertheless helps people find some structure and work towards real change. It happens slowly, as you say, but only with consistent practice! 

The current 4WC is wrapping up on Saturday, but if you'd like to get started, the Lv 1 Guild Leader @Hazard would tell you it's never too late to begin. If starting now seems awkward, you can also spend some time thinking about and planning what kinds of challenges you'd like to focus on and jump in with the next challenge, which officially starts Nov 26. In the meanwhile, I would recommend poking around other people's challenges to get a sense of how they work. 

• Like 1

Ah! sugar

nothing is SO vile as that enticing Nasty stuff.  everyone seems to have their own poison.

If I helps, my system is to write it all out.  make a counting of it and feel guilty.   my nerdiness comes out in making a graph.

this has been my struggle...

you can use this kind of a system to keep you accountable to following your own exercise program as well.  but with 5 years of good exercise under your belt... your doing pretty awesome IMHO

sug.JPG

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

On 11/16/2017 at 4:03 PM, Watermelon Steven said:

Happy to find this place!  I've had a good health & fitness run for the past 5 years but have come to the realisation I've fallen off the wagon completely for the past 6-7 months.  It's hard to believe that I used to look forward to working out and salad was delicious!  Now working out seems like a total drag again,  I don't eat as many veggies and honestly am binge on sweets to varying degrees every day.

I was never super strong, fast or flexible but I do realise I am probably not going to get back to where I was.  Or at least any time soon.  When I was really on top of all this fitness stuff, I was at a point in my life where I did not have much else going on. I easily had the time to batch cook meals and work out.  Now that I have some projects I am very excited about kicking off, my time is taken up a bit more and I find it much easier to get into old habits.    This isn't to make excuses by any means! I am here because I want to get back onto some healthy habits. I feel happy and proud of other aspects of my life, but am also feeling more lethargic and depressed due to my unhealthy choices.  We all know how good working out is for mental health.  Anyways I just need to find a new balance as my schedule is not as open as it used to be.

With the knowledge that new habits start slowly, my only goal for today is to not eat any sweets.  I am not out to cut sweets from my life entirely, but I need to kick my cravings.  I've done it in the past and I can do it again.

I look forward to getting to know people here!  Hooray for all of us!

How are the sweet cravings/binges coming along?