What kind of music do you listen to/groups you like?

What types of music do you listen to? What are some of the musical groups you like? Looking to add to my playlist!

Laoch: (lay-uk)  Gaelic word for Warrior

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you. - Gandalf
  • Why can't we have some meats? What about them? They're fresh....  - Snaga

Bluegrass-Steeldrivers, Chris Thile, NickelCreek, Wailing Jennies, Chris Stapleton, Ben Solle, Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, David Ramirez

Weird/NewAge/Relaxing Stuff-Fleet foxes, Xavier Rudd, Jack Johnson, Lord Huron, Gregory Allen Isakov (I think), Andrew Bird, Passenger, Penguin Cafe Orchestra

Weird Al Yankovic-just fun stuff

Dire Straits-classic

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Anderson Paak-new to me, rappy and rocky sometimes (great showman)

Jason Isbell and the 400 unit-country

Head and the Heart-"alternative" I guess, just good

Of Monsters and Men-see above

Jonathan Coulton-kinda like weird al, funny A$$ songs

Matt The Electrician-country/bluesy

Noah and the Whale-fun, rocky

Radical Face-can't really classify

To name a few. Subbing to this thread.

Maybe a suggestion to others, mind listing 1-2 words about what kinda music it is?

• Like 2

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

I will have to answer this when I have some time, I listen to everything, from Polka Sunday mornings when I clean the house, to every day heavy metal, punk, jazz and am taking my daughter to the Symphony tomorrow so, yea extensive list or maybe a best of list coming soon

• Like 3

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I will have to answer this when I have some time, I listen to everything,

I listen to almost everything. I refuse to listen to bad music.

Like Frost, I will return later and provide a list that probably will be pretty long....

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

I like a bit of everything, myself. Mostly Five Finger Death Punch, 80's hair metal, 80's Pop, modern country. Even New Age

• All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you. - Gandalf

I started a list, but it became pretty ridiculous when I was at nearly 30 artists/bands, and I was still working my way through one of the genres I listen to...

I will listen to nearly anything. My playlist for lifting at the gym currently has Eminem, Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Disturbed, and a few similar bands on it.

Evening listening for relaxing and unwinding right now is Boyce Avenue, Imagine Dragons, and a lot of classical piano pieces, mixed with a bit of baroque.

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

I started a list, but it became pretty ridiculous when I was at nearly 30 artists/bands, and I was still working my way through one of the genres I listen to...

I will listen to nearly anything. My playlist for lifting at the gym currently has Eminem, Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Disturbed, and a few similar bands on it.

Evening listening for relaxing and unwinding right now is Boyce Avenue, Imagine Dragons, and a lot of classical piano pieces, mixed with a bit of baroque.
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

..top of my empty head ....

Heavy weight workouts:

Hatebreed - Sepultura - Amon Amarth - Body Count - Old Blood - Madball - Born From Pain - Bolt Thrower - Sodom - Rollins

Running / Space Out Cardio:

Heilung - Proxeeus - Filteria - Enya - Clannad - In Extremo - Captives Of The Void

Misc:

John Coltrane - Iron Maiden - Half Gram Of Soma - Dropkick Murphys - Eisenfunk - Handel - Railhazer - Demented Are Go

..i mostly use youtube to save stuff i like... bunch of playlists here if you have some time and are seriously bored... :)

• Like 2

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

36 minutes ago, Luds said:

..top of my empty head ....

Heavy weight workouts:

Hatebreed - Sepultura - Amon Amarth - Body Count - Old Blood - Madball - Born From Pain - Bolt Thrower - Sodom - Rollins

Running / Space Out Cardio:

Heilung - Proxeeus - Filteria - Enya - Clannad - In Extremo - Captives Of The Void

Misc:

John Coltrane - Iron Maiden - Half Gram Of Soma - Dropkick Murphys - Eisenfunk - Handel - Railhazer - Demented Are Go

..i mostly use youtube to save stuff i like... bunch of playlists here if you have some time and are seriously bored... :)

Wow! I listened to some of those artists, and I like it! Heilung is so unique!! Thanks @Luds , I will have to download some of these. 

• Like 1

WHOA, an Old Blood fan! :D Niiiice! And Madball.  Obscure but awesome. 

Dyed-in-the-wool metalhead here, listening to #smod about six hours a day, but at the moment my wife has somehow infected me with her alt-Americana silliness.  In particular... 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

3 hours ago, Luds said:

Work music. Excellent! *happily clicks on metal stuff and goes back to work*

• Like 1

My taste is very eclectic, so a little bit of everything, but mostly alternative rock and folk. Right now I'm digging The Lumineers, Nahko, Chris Stapleton, NF, and Skillet.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

An acquaintance introduced me to Sabaton about two months ago. They're ridiculously good.

• Like 3

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

It would be a great shame if this thread got too locked in on one genre, so I'm going to post a link to this little gem/classic, from the soundtrack of the movie 8 Mile, that unexpectedly made an appearance in my Heavy Lifting station on Pandora. By strange coincidence, the song started just as I was mentally gearing up to  make an attempt to dead lift a higher weight than I had ever tried to lift before, and I give at least partial credit for my new weight PR to the bass beat and general attitude of the song.

• Like 4

On 11/22/2017 at 7:17 PM, Thrillho said:

"Dyed-in-the-wool metalhead here, listening to #smod about six hours a day, but at the moment my wife has somehow infected me with her alt-Americana silliness.  In particular... "

..damn that's upbeat... NICE !

1894874_o.gif

• Like 1

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

For @Telethot , in the hopes it brightens your day :P

• Like 2

I have like...two main things I listen to.

I really, really love electronic music and especially love classic 90s feeling house. No surprise that my favorite band is Daft Punk then.

But when I'm at work or I really need to get work done on the game I'm working on...then Chillhop is my go to label. Chillhop is a label that releases downtempo and relaxing music. A lot of it is inspired by hip-hop and jazz...it's amazing. And they've got a 24/7 radio stream on YouTube that I love.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Chillhopdotcom

• Like 3

It's not the size knuckles of the boat knuckles that matters, it's the motion knuckles of the ocean knuckles.

Visit me at my humble website!

Okay, I'm going to have to get this album just for the name!

https://www.amazon.com/Run-Like-Hell-Workout-Explicit/dp/B00QP5V9OK

• Like 1

On 12/11/2017 at 12:29 PM, scalyfreak said:

Okay, I'm going to have to get this album just for the name!

https://www.amazon.com/Run-Like-Hell-Workout-Explicit/dp/B00QP5V9OK

I surprisingly like the Within temptation version better than Imagine Dragons.

Oh shit, that album is free on prime!

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I surprisingly like the Within temptation version better than Imagine Dragons.

Oh shit, that album is free on prime!

Prime is such an enabler!

• Like 1