What kind of music do you listen to/groups you like?

One of my favorite actors of all time, and it doesn't hurt that he can sing as well... ladies and gentlenerds, Mr. Hugh Laurie!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

4 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

One of my favorite actors of all time, and it doesn't hurt that he can sing as well... ladies and gentlenerds, Mr. Hugh Laurie!

Did not expect to like this as much as I do. Almost done listening to it.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

I enjoy EDM for most of the time. My usual youtube playlist searches, are glitch hop, melodic trance, melodic dubstep, and chillstep.

Grew up as a kid listening to Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Pantera etc. Couldn't name most songs, but its the kind of thing when I hear it I remember sitting in the back of my dad's pick up going to a campsite kind of nostalgia. <3

Otherwise I've got video game remixes, mostly Zelda, Chrono Trigger/Cross, Mario, Metroid, Final Fantasy, etc.

Other bands/artists I like
My Chemical Romance ( I honestly really only like their later stuff, like Black Parade and onwards.)
Blue October (Foiled is my jam.)
Evanescence
Lady Gaga
Tipper (if you like chillstep but want something that makes you think you're tripping out. XD )
Christina Perri (Love her song The Words <3 )

Philip Glass. - Koyaanisqatsi (original version)

..headphones on... check the bass is set properly...:)

..afterwards look into the movie series while you're at it

..ohh.. yes... and then sod that thinky stuff and let's dance

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

I was assigned homework of creating playlists. Some are harder than others. 

Working out (in no particular order)

Aesop Rock - Catfood

Aesop Rock - Catacomb Kids

Prophets of Rage - Unfuck the World

Grimace Federation - Strange Hours

Melvins - History of Bad Men

Mastodon - Steambreather

Run the Jewels - Go to sleep and count to F

Atmosphere - Trying to find a balance

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Sheer blues awesomeness with lots of Guitar Royalty on stage... we miss you, Mr King. Thank you for leaving your music with us.

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Sheer blues awesomeness with lots of Guitar Royalty on stage... we miss you, Mr King. Thank you for leaving your music with us.

Wow! Thanks for sharing that.  That was a great listen.  I came across your post right after a workout.  That was great for post-workout relaxing.

• Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Because the song itself is criminally underrated, because John Deacon frickin OWNS the baseline, because the beard, because they actually really filmed it on a moving train, and because, well, I dare anyone to find another music video that manages to make even half as many phallic references while keeping every person in the video fully clothed. :P

Happy Birthday, Freddie!

• Like 1

.....got a feeling ... Of a spam coming on.... But then again... Such good tunes should be forced on an unsuspecting audience....

aHWcN5YxuYc

... And just one more... As he is bloody divine...

... And now sleep my luvies... 

• Like 1

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

OMG so many good songs here :D

On 11/24/2017 at 5:17 PM, Nomad Jay said:

An acquaintance introduced me to Sabaton about two months ago. They're ridiculously good.

I just lisetened to it. So good! :wub:

On 11/26/2017 at 3:58 AM, scalyfreak said:

It would be a great shame if this thread got too locked in on one genre, so I'm going to post a link to this little gem/classic, from the soundtrack of the movie 8 Mile, that unexpectedly made an appearance in my Heavy Lifting station on Pandora. By strange coincidence, the song started just as I was mentally gearing up to  make an attempt to dead lift a higher weight than I had ever tried to lift before, and I give at least partial credit for my new weight PR to the bass beat and general attitude of the song.

Yay, Eminem!

I like.... uhm.. music.

What I don't like: German hits ("Schlager")

Some artists/songs I like:

- Pantera -> metal

- Finntroll -> finish folk-metal

- The Poodles -> swedish hard-rock

- Maduk/Wilkinson/Matrix&Futurebound/Mefjus/The Prototypes/Emancipator/Meiko and a lot more -> Drum and Bass

- Belik Boom and a lot of other psytrance

- D-Block & S-te-Fan/Da Tweekaz/Coone/Ran-D and a lot more -> Hardstyle, and also the sets from the festivals e.g. Defqon 1, Climax, Reverze,...

- Dubstep

- Libera/Haendel/Smetana/

- 90s Pop Rackamackafohn! :D

Mixed: Annenmaykantereit   Pentatonix    Lindsey Stirling                   

an so so much more... can't remeber it all :D

Oh dang it, edited and now it's all gone! F*** it.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2017 at 8:17 AM, Nomad Jay said:

An acquaintance introduced me to Sabaton about two months ago. They're ridiculously good.

OH YEAH!!!

We're going to see them this year when they come to Seattle.

Gloryhammer we're attending next week.

Amorphis, Iron Maiden, Tyr, and Korpiklaani are all a bit later in the year for us.

To Laoch's original posting, I've found my taste in metal growing lately. Not the nu-metal genre, because for some reason it doesn't fully resonate with me, but stuff like Dark Tranquillity (saw them twice), Firewind, Grailknights (hilariously good), Insomnium, Lord of the Lost and fun stuff like Powerwolf.

If you need a workout song, Grailknights' "Pumping Iron Power" is fun and not too thrasher-y.

I'm also kind of a belly dance dork and my dance mother recently turned us onto Tarkan and Despina Vandi. But I'd probably listen to a combination of Powerwolf, Sabaton, Manowar, and  Edguy all day if you let me. *shrug*