Let me introduce myself...

Hi  :) 

I'm new on the forum! I've bought the access to the academy a few months ago but I fell off the fitness wagon some time ago. So I'm respawning and doing things a little differently. I've been in the Facebook group but it didn't really work for me and I think I'm leaving Fb anyway so I'll be here now. I'm trying to get into fitness for mental health reason mainly. I just makes me feel better about myself and life in general. I've had issues with exercising because of sport lessons in school that taught me that Sport = Pain + Shame but I am slowly unlearning that now, thanks to NF and the Zombies Run app that I also really like. I mainly walk, run and do yoga.

• Like 1

surely School is the Worst way to do any kind of sport , cuz

•  Everyone is forced to do it; therefore nobody really likes (and those that do keep it to themselves)
  • Kids are going through emotional times; with changing bodies and raging hormones
  • Even for relatively popular/fit kids; there is always intense comparisons

so... Just off the top of my head; if your getting beyond childhood slights and really looking to improve yourself.  Exercise is surely a top notch way to do that.

BTW... being 45, school WAS a ways ago; but college years were some of the best in my life and I dived into stuff I wouldn't have considered as a teenager.   the sense of control of being able to pick what I wanted to do (utterly) made that time of my life one of my best.   I'm hoping to get back to that sense of control and choice.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

I think a lot of us as nerds can relate to the bad experiences with school P.E. I've found fitness to be very helpful for my mental health, especially this time of year when I deal with S.A.D.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27