Breaking Up - Broken Up

Hello, I hope this is an acceptable place to post this. Through some reflection, I came to realize that I was no longer in love with my girlfriend, so I took 20 seconds of courage to just plow into the conversation. It was painful; I was emotionally over-killed with many lingering status ailments when I came back to life. There's so much guilt, self loathing, and fear when you're the one who has to end things. I feel like I basically just ruined her life, but I'm sure that's how everyone feels in this position. With the help of many friends (more than I thought would answer), I'm barely back up on my feet now and ready to continue my life, but I still feel a bit sick. Anyone have any advice for someone in my position?

Some extra details, this was my first relationship since my divorce, and I jumped into it right at my divorce. I know - that's not a good idea - and now I can see why. She doesn't have a place to live now, so I offered to give her a lot of financial help (because of the guilt), because I still care about her, just not in a way that two people in love care about each other. :/ 

Image result for esuna

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."
- Persona 3