TGP; lamentation, Despair, and loathing

woot!

we have achieved the first upgraded advancement of my A100 training.  Partly because of a long 7 hour walk with my dad (that I will further post about in my challenge thread)...

I have achieved 'platinum'.... that being 60miles and 18hours of hiking this week.

iqdgex.jpg

the units on the x axis are weeks until my a100- and as you can see I have few left.

I would say I have to make the most of the next three weeks...

• Like 3

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

so for awhile

I think I will comment in here, as I'm not ready for a new challenge (yet).  I've definitely tapered! 

1zh0dxz.jpg

and like I was saying

I have the pleasure of rebalancing my exercise program.  Nonstop obsessive hiking was Hard to do, frustrating with the weather, and just seems off to me as a Ranger...

anyways perhaps when I come back from Denver I will set up a "nonchallenge" challenge thread.  I'm not sure.

• Like 3

my advice,

go slow... little by little.  do more and more.  every great hike begins with a single footstep and every good hiker was once a guy (or gal) who was sore and hurting on a 5th mile  .

anyways, if you work on your endurance and start regularly hiking....

you might surprise yourself

in fact, my 100miler is exactly about that- pushing myself to the incredible

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvUPQI8OFOlB76Xf8uMMP

• Like 2

On 6/4/2018 at 9:35 AM, TGP said:

my advice,

go slow... little by little.  do more and more.  every great hike begins with a single footstep and every good hiker was once a guy who was sore and hurting on a 5th mile  .

anyways, if you work on your endurance and start regularly hiking....

you might surprise yourself

in fact, my 100miler is exactly about that- pushing myself to the incredible

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvUPQI8OFOlB76Xf8uMMP

Nice mindset!!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: No challenge this round

Spoiler

Really Eclectic Scorpio, Level 86

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|79|80|81|82|83|84|85|86|87|88|89|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I feel like there is so much more to plan and to say about me!

with the A100 firmly in the rear-view mirror now is the time to shake things up and make changes.

• Start a new excel sheet at google docs; thus allowing me access anytime, anywhere
  • Start Exercise classes
  • Start up Daily Stretches
  • Start weight lifting again
  • Investigate outdoor(s) rock climbing

I will keep this post as a scratchpad to get things rolling...

• Like 1

I'm still here and kind of keeping it quiet for now.

* Life is (just a little ) less busy.  but definitely still busy.  I Can't wait to "catch up"

* my exercise program is pretty minimal.  many things I want to do are now included;  Weightlifting, Exercise class, etc but most of them are squeezed into the morning.  I figure weekly; I'm only talking 2-5hours of exercise a week.  and there is Large amounts of time that was being used for hiking that is now free for other stuff.

* Hiking is Notably "missing".  I didn't want to absolutely 'give up" hiking !?  but again SO busy! I really, really need to get some stuff on my todo list, done.  THEN it is the weekend! I want weekend mornings Back

*haven't seen a new rock city in quite a while :(   Again, I'm sad- I really want to get back into it. (the hiking is great and the discovering of the rocks is also fun).  part of it, is that my son has mainly interest for fishing right now.  which is good... but idk.  fishing hasn't been so productive recently.  Fishing is like that.  Like gambling; the thought of 'catching something' sometimes gets you to invest more time in it than you really should use.  OTOH; spending time with my son (doing what HE likes) is , its own reward.  from experience- his interests will shift and I'll find that I have much more freedom to spend my time as I would.

*Running doesn't fit.  I'm not running.  I'm not sure how sad I am about that.   Seems to me I care more about the Hiking I'm not doing rather than the running.

* the Tango seems less likely per day, per week every day I think about it.  the fundemental problem is that there isn't a dedicated team at work wanting to do this any more. :(  and I signed for a "team finder"- but I'm the ONLY one to sign up

*when I set up a newchallenge: I will get back onto points

* I keep looking forward to real rock climbing; but no one I've talked to has yet made a plausable plan. its actually a bit discouraging.  OTOH I can do MY THING.  but its a little hard to do that Safely.  thus, if I do anything it MUST be with a huge amount of caution and will probably mean not pushing myself to what I could really do; if I knew that someone experienced was going to ensure I would be safe no matter what.

all this makes gives me a vague feeling that a certain change in the future is inevitable and will be very welcome when it happens.

If I can set up my program with more climbing, and hiking.   less business.  AND the existing 3-5days a weekday morning on the YMCA- I'll be much more satisfied with my free time.

give me the opportunity to set this up and I will set up a new challenge immediately.

but for now;  not entirely happy with my program and looking for a few changes that should happen (but haven't);  I will lay low and lurk.

30tp4oy.jpg

the Big spike is ofc my 100 mile walk.  the minimal exercise is exactly what I mean about my program;  I am just about as sedentary as when I was trying to taper for the big walk.

----

it would be BIG dissapointment to see that trend continue week after week.  now with good weather (most days) to get out less than in the height of a cold winter would be so :(