Wobbegong Settles In

Unnecessary dichotomy poll #3  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Pens
    • Pencils

Hello! I’m Wobbegong. For anyone who doesn’t know me, a short bio:

Spoiler

I’m 25, I live in California, and usually my pronouns are she/her/hers.

My main fandom is “Compilation of Final Fantasy VII” with an emphasis on Crisis Core, but I like pop culture well enough, so I flit about several other things here and there. I do watch anime, but I tend to be pretty picky about which ones I’ll tolerate. Happy to chat about it anytime.

I’m also a huge marine fauna nerd, anything to do with ocean animals is 100% my jam. I also like other animals, but if you see people posting sharks and jellyfish all over my threads, that’s why. You’re welcome to join in.

Let’s see... fitness-wise I’m into swimming, hiking, running, bodyweight exercises, and stretching. I’m SCUBA-certified but I don’t go diving nearly enough. Even with all of that, though, most of my challenges revolve around improving my life overall, and don’t focus so much on physical fitness.

For everyone visiting my challenge, welcome! Things tend to move quickly around here, but please feel free to skip over content you don’t want to deal with and just say hello or ask any questions you might have. I’m friendly, I promise. :)

I want to do a really laid-back challenge this time. (Do I say that every time? Whoops.) Mostly because this period I want to focus on running the Mini and on my Battle Log. I still want to do a challenge, though, because when I don’t I tend to fall off the face of the earth. So:

1. Exercise: Hike the open space 5x/week. Run up there at least 3 of the 5 times.

This goal is really more about getting out of the house and spending some time outside, but running is great for me and really helps me clear my head and build up some resistance to at-home nonsense, so run regularly. But every now and again I go up there and I’m like “I really just want to walk around today tho?” so that will also be allowed.

2. Nutrition: No second serving at dinner.

I used this goal in the past with tremendous success and I have no idea why I stopped doing it. I tend to eat pretty healthy but just too much, so this is back on the roster. Let’s see how it goes. Extra servings does not include mopping up leftover salad, should there be any. 

3. Socialize: Post in at least five forum threads per day, 6x/week. Hang out with people in person (not including immediate family) at least once per week.

This includes hanging out with friends and larger family events, but not “dealing with strangers” situations like going to the grocery store.

There are other things I want to work on, like bodyweight skills and measurements and painting and video gaming and many, many more, and I have permission to do those things too, but they are not going to factor into the challenge one way or another.

Obligatory ocean gif: 

tumblr_nm44jv8MOv1tfz725o2_400.gif

• Like 11

Yaaaay new challenge! Sweet. I have a list of things to do today so I want to get started ASAP: 

• Figure out what I'm doing this challenge
  • Finish writing mini (currently 3/4 done!)
  • Post mini
  • Update signature
  • Update following preferences
  • Play Crisis Core! Ugh it's been so long
  • Link to new challenge from old challenge
  • There are other things that I am forgetting right now
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I haven't read anything yet but I would like to announce that I read one of the poll options wrong and was very confused for several seconds.

Well, really, Flea, which is better?

NSFW I guess

Spoiler

Pens or penises, choose! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Well, really, Flea, which is better? Pens or penises, choose! 

Actually read “pens” as “penis.” But pens are a hell of a lot more functional so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Haha 2

Pens are totally better, Freudian misreading not withstanding! lol! Yeah, you can't erase them, but I like to live dangerously . . . 

Good luck with your challenges! I too should focus on curbing the second helpings, but that will be next challenge, methinks . . .

• Like 3

Well I totally blew the no seconds mission but whatever, it's still zero week. I didn't forget that it was a challenge on my agenda when it was time to go back for more, just when it was time to serve in the first place... so I served initially planning to go back, and then I was still hungry when I remembered I was on a no seconds challenge. Boo. 

Dinner was mostly vegetables so I'm not going to be too hard on myself about it, but let this dissatisfied feeling serve as a reminder to do better in the future! 

• Like 3

I think an Oops on the first day of zero week is completely okay. I mean I knew yesterday wasn't going to happen, so I skipped yesterday. Today starts for real.

you got this. ANd your already making mad progress on your list for the challenge.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I think an Oops on the first day of zero week is completely okay. I mean I knew yesterday wasn't going to happen, so I skipped yesterday. Today starts for real.

you got this. ANd your already making mad progress on your list for the challenge.

Yeah... that list was all stuff I wanted to do yesterday, not over the course of the whole challenge. But work started freaking out at me so I had to put some things on hold. Ideally I will finish the mini today and one way or another I will get back to Crisis Core over the holiday break! I will! 

1 hour ago, RevQu said:

Sounds like the perfect challenge level for holiday time, with all its stress and busy-ness.  You got this!!

Yusssss! Just the basics lol. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, fleaball said:

I haven't read anything yet but I would like to announce that I read one of the poll options wrong and was very confused for several seconds.

Me too!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Yeah... that list was all stuff I wanted to do yesterday, not over the course of the whole challenge. But work started freaking out at me so I had to put some things on hold. Ideally I will finish the mini today and one way or another I will get back to Crisis Core over the holiday break! I will!

SEe here I was getting all impressed that you were rocking out your goals for the whole challenge. Hopefully today went better with less work freak outs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

See here I was getting all impressed that you were rocking out your goals for the whole challenge. Hopefully today went better with less work freak outs.

Ugh so many customers. They were cute for like five minutes this morning and now I'm done. But still fewer work freakouts so that's good. 

I really want to be working on the mini right now, but... the work I'm paid for calls me. I should work on it when I get off work in an hour, but at that point I'll just want to paint. But it's gonna have to happen sometime because I don't do anything in order so we can't continue until I get significantly closer to finishing. T_T 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Ugh so many customers. They were cute for like five minutes this morning and now I'm done. But still fewer work freakouts so that's good. 

Change customers to Professors or Students, and I am right htere with you. Darn jobs not letting us do other stuff when we want to.

2 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I really want to be working on the mini right now, but... the work I'm paid for calls me. I should work on it when I get off work in an hour, but at that point I'll just want to paint. But it's gonna have to happen sometime because I don't do anything in order so we can't continue until I get significantly closer to finishing. T_T 

Hopefully you got the best of both worlds (Mini and painting) in, or at least you had fun painting. You will have the mini running smoothly so we won't notice that its not done. I have every faith in you. Its that whole duck principle I use when talking about being a mom or my job. Above the water, everything looks nice and peaceful and I have everything under control. Under the water, I am swimming like mad to keep up and hope I don't get eaten or sink.

• Like 3

You can do it Wobbe, I believe in you :)
The mini will be awesome, because you are awesome and I'm in love with all the rebel minis so far.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Change customers to Professors or Students, and I am right htere with you. Darn jobs not letting us do other stuff when we want to.

For real! At least I have Thursday and Friday off. That means a lot of extra time spent with Mother, but at least I won't be stressing about work. 

Since our entire operation is handled remotely, and people live all over the world, I woke up this morning to one of our quality/test people being like "soooo I noticed these two weird things and they're super weird??? Is this normal???" One of the questions I know nothing about, but I was able to answer the other one! (The answer was "our system sucks" lol but at least I knew how and why.) So I got to feel useful and knowledgable, which is nice. Usually I only feel that way for customers, and I don't get to show off for my coworkers how much I know about our stupid company. 

14 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hopefully you got the best of both worlds (Mini and painting) in, or at least you had fun painting. You will have the mini running smoothly so we won't notice that its not done. I have every faith in you. Its that whole duck principle I use when talking about being a mom or my job. Above the water, everything looks nice and peaceful and I have everything under control. Under the water, I am swimming like mad to keep up and hope I don't get eaten or sink.

In the end I got way more than the best of paining and no mini. I usually paint from after I work --> dinner, and then after dinner --> bed would've been mini time. But last night my mom decided to start making chili verde at like 7pm so we ate at like 9 and then after that was bedtime. But as a result of that I ended up painting from 4:30 to 9, so I made a ton of progress and felt really pleased. (And sore. My posture is terrible when I paint, and my hand cramps around the brush. But it's fine.) 

9 hours ago, Siferiax said:

You can do it Wobbe, I believe in you :)
The mini will be awesome, because you are awesome and I'm in love with all the rebel minis so far.

;_; And on that note I guess I better go finish it... you're tugging at my heartstrings, Sif... Thanks for the push! <3 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

For real! At least I have Thursday and Friday off. That means a lot of extra time spent with Mother, but at least I won't be stressing about work. 

Don't you love the whole upside downside of life.

Since our entire operation is handled remotely, and people live all over the world, I woke up this morning to one of our quality/test people being like "soooo I noticed these two weird things and they're super weird??? Is this normal???" One of the questions I know nothing about, but I was able to answer the other one! (The answer was "our system sucks" lol but at least I knew how and why.) So I got to feel useful and knowledgable, which is nice. Usually I only feel that way for customers, and I don't get to show off for my coworkers how much I know about our stupid company. 

Yay I love that feeling.

In the end I got way more than the best of paining and no mini. I usually paint from after I work --> dinner, and then after dinner --> bed would've been mini time. But last night my mom decided to start making chili verde at like 7pm so we ate at like 9 and then after that was bedtime. But as a result of that I ended up painting from 4:30 to 9, so I made a ton of progress and felt really pleased. (And sore. My posture is terrible when I paint, and my hand cramps around the brush. But it's fine.)

Hey, I think it was still time well spent. I will say make sure your stretching that hand out regularly, you don't want to get carpal tunnel from the painting and the computer use. Trust me, been there.

• Like 2

;_; And on that note I guess I better go finish it... you're tugging at my heartstrings, Sif... Thanks for the push!
You're welcome :)
Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 11/20/2017 at 3:01 PM, fleaball said:

Actually read “pens” as “penis.” But pens are a hell of a lot more functional so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You must not be using it correctly then.

For writing I prefer pens. Good ones it almost effortless.

• Like 2

I really want to sleep but why?!?! It's 8:15???? I slept in super late today??? I should not be this tired. Grrrr. 

So far I have eaten seconds at dinner every night. Which is dumb, because I've remembered the challenge every time, but I keep feeling like "if I don't eat seconds, people will be offended and think I didn't like the cooking," or "it won't keep, better to just eat it all tonight." UGH. Stop prioritizing other people over yourself, Wobbegong! They don't require it! 

This failure is making me very grumpy, but at least tomorrow there will be basically no risk. I mean, there will be at least four courses if you include hors d'oeuvres (+ salad, main dinner, dessert), so it's impossible not to replate at least a couple of times, but there's no pressure to eat more of the main dinner because everyone expects leftovers anyway. Plus I'll need to be saving room. So that's convenient. 

I didn't go running today, but I did yesterday! Monday was a walk day. I am planning to run again tomorrow (make pie crust --> run while pie crust rests) so that'll be nice... I'm excited that I have a good, established reason to get out of the house tomorrow. My mother can be very overbearing when holiday prep time rolls around. Unfortunately, I forgot to do laundry today, so I won't have enough workout clothes to go running Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. (I can't do laundry when Mother is home, since that counts as being "in her space.") 

So far I have been on-point with socialization, both on the forums and offline. On Sunday (does that count as part of the week?) I went to a friend's chamber music class recital. My friend's piece was by far the most awkward, but through no fault of the musicians, who played beautifully: unfortunately, the class is rather at the mercy of who signs up with what availability, so my friend's group ended up being four violins and a clarinet. As it turns out, there are not many chamber pieces written for that particular ensemble, lol. If Sunday doesn't count as part of this week (it wasn't during the challenge, so) there's still Thanksgiving, and then on Friday afternoon I'm scheduled to hang out with an old friend. 

• Like 2